View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 174 of 195 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #1731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more nonsense. You seem to try to justify an unfair surtax on a small group on the grounds that they can try to avoid it. That's like saying if you get robbed its your fault-if you had better locks, a stronger door and a good alarm system you could have minimized the loss due to a burglar
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You don't make any points You sit back pretending other people ought to pay more money because you feel that way And you have the nerve to claim people who pay far far more than they use are teat suckers. MOre limousine liberal lies
    Gee. Two more examples of serial failure to muster any sort of actual response at all. Who would have expected something as pathetic as that?

  2. #1732
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Gee. Two more examples of serial failure to muster any sort of actual response at all. Who would have expected something as pathetic as that?
    wow that is special

  3. #1733
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    So you really believe that a person can die, pass on stocks valued at, say, 6 million dollars, with a basis of 1 million, and then cash those stocks an NO taxes have ever been paid on the 5MM income. That's absolutely not right.
    Just more welfare for the rich. They are already champions of sucking at the public teat, but some of them just won't be satisfied.

  4. #1734
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Just more welfare for the rich. They are already champions of sucking at the public teat, but some of them just won't be satisfied.
    more envy and spite

    how many of the top one percent can you prove fit your idiotic stereotype.

  5. #1735
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centinel View Post
    I was referring to the tax on inheritance, not capital gains taxes. I agree that the basis has to be accurately maintained when the stocks are inherited.
    Under current law, if an asset was purchased by a decedant for $100,000 and is now worth $10,000,000, an heir receives the asset with the stepped-up basis of $10,000,000. That means NO CAPITAL GAINS TAX AT ALL WILL EVER BE PAID on the $9,900,000 capital gain. It either gets taxed under the estate tax or the whole enchilada will simply become yet more something-for-nothing free money for the silver-spoon rich.

  6. #1736
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Under current law, if an asset was purchased by a decedant for $100,000 and is now worth $10,000,000, an heir receives the asset with the stepped-up basis of $10,000,000. That means NO CAPITAL GAINS TAX AT ALL WILL EVER BE PAID on the $9,900,000 capital gain. It either gets taxed under the estate tax or the whole enchilada will simply become yet more something-for-nothing free money for the silver-spoon rich.

    that is not an argument for the death tax

    and since the rich already pay a massive amount of the income tax why are you so enamored with making them pay even more tax that no one else pays?

  7. #1737
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again, I post as I see fit and as long as I don't violate the rules, I will do as I please
    TRANSLATION......you can't answer a question straight up, or you won't, because you know haymarket is right and you have no argument.

  8. #1738
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Your questions really aren't important enough to merit any response. I cannot even remember what you were asking
    Translation---you can't, 'cause you have no argument

  9. #1739
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    TRANSLATION......you can't answer a question straight up, or you won't, because you know haymarket is right and you have no argument.
    you are almost always wrong and this is no deviation. but I love the pack coordination

  10. #1740
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is not an argument for the death tax

    and since the rich already pay a massive amount of the income tax why are you so enamored with making them pay even more tax that no one else pays?
    no such thing as a death tax, when will you figure this out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •