View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 161 of 195 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #1601
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We know already, that you expect a zero tax rate and still have the government services that allowed the creation of your wealth and the protection of it.

    The far right wing expects something for nothing. You've made your point.
    I already pay the top income rates. WTF should I have to pay a surtax that people like you don't pay when you get more government benefits than i do

    I pay taxes-you seem to forget that

  2. #1602
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I already pay the top income rates. WTF should I have to pay a surtax that people like you don't pay when you get more government benefits than i do
    Still making you absurd claim with your usual lack of any evidence whatsoever. Only the far right buys that horse crap. As the 99% are aware, even if you are not, the estate tax rate is the lowest its been in 80 years, so please stop your whining.

    I pay taxes-you seem to forget that
    Except for the poor seniors and the disabled, we all pay taxes. The middle class pays a higher tax rate than those whose income is primarily from investments, as 400 hundred of your rich brethren testified before Congress.

    The jig is up!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1603
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Still making you absurd claim with your usual lack of any evidence whatsoever. Only the far right buys that horse crap. As the 99% are aware, even if you are not, the estate tax rate is the lowest its been in 80 years, so please stop your whining.
    Lowest in 80 years= justification for the tax. How does that even get close to justifying anything?

    Except for the poor seniors and the disabled, we all pay taxes. The middle class pays a higher tax rate than those whose income is primarily from investments, as 400 hundred of your rich brethren testified before Congress.
    You want to prove that claim?

  4. #1604
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Lowest in 80 years= justification for the tax. How does that even get close to justifying anything?
    As you well know, the constitution justifies taxes and is upheld under the rule of law.

    You want to prove that claim?
    "The actual number of Americans who don’t pay any taxes isn’t half, but 14%. This group of non-taxpayers of any kind is largely composed of the elderly and disabled. The people who don’t pay taxes do so because they can’t work."
    It's A Myth That 47% Of Americans Pay No Taxes, In Truth 86% Pay Taxes


    Mitt's 15% Problem: Romney Pays Less Than Families Making $50,000



    Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As you well know, the constitution justifies taxes and is upheld under the rule of law.
    So you are still waiting to justify the tax or do you think that alone means anything to me? I guess I can wait a bit longer..


    "The actual number of Americans who don’t pay any taxes isn’t half, but 14%. This group of non-taxpayers of any kind is largely composed of the elderly and disabled. The people who don’t pay taxes do so because they can’t work."
    It's A Myth That 47% Of Americans Pay No Taxes, In Truth 86% Pay Taxes
    My point wasn't about this bit here so I have no reason to respond to it.

    He pays less? That chart doesn't prove that.

    What it is doing is basically saying income tax rates and capital gains rates are the same thing and at the same time failing at math. 15% of a million is what? 15% of 50,000 is what?

    Oh look a few guys want to pay more but want everyone else to join them before they do anything.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-26-12 at 05:07 AM.

  6. #1606
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So you are still waiting to justify the tax or do you think that alone means anything to me? I guess I can wait a bit longer..




    My point wasn't about this bit here so I have no reason to respond to it.



    He pays less? That chart doesn't prove that.

    What it is doing is basically saying income tax rates and capital gains rates are the same thing and at the same time failing at math. 15% of a million is what? 15% of 50,000 is what?



    Oh look a few guys want to pay more but want everyone else to join them before they do anything.


    When you build up the energy to back up your opinions with facts let me know.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #1607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    When you build up the energy to back up your opinions with facts let me know.
    The opinions are where exactly?

  8. #1608
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The opinions are where exactly?
    The opinions in your last post, or most of your posts if you prefer, as you rarely back up your opinions ever.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #1609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The opinions in your last post, or most of your posts if you prefer, as you rarely back up your opinions ever.
    Where are the opinions in post #1605?

  10. #1610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tythor Zeth View Post
    "The end of the world" is completely irrelevant. It's about what is morally the right thing to do. Taking away over 50% of a billionaire is not the end of the world to his children but it is, at least in my opinion, not the right thing to do.
    You're concerned that they aren't going to be able to get by on just $500 million per year? You think taking home some $240,000 an hour isn't going to be enough incentive to keep the guy working at whatever it is that he does?

    Tax codes aren't supposed to be cute and cuddly or warm and fuzzy. They are supposed to be cold and calculating. The welfare of a nation depends on them, after all. Soft-hearted gift-giving merely comes out of someone else's pocket in the end. And when the gifts are given to the rich, guess who that someone else turns out to be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •