View Poll Results: What is GITMO about?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • GITMO is a fine prison.

    26 40.63%
  • GITMO is a fine GULAG.

    10 15.63%
  • The UN is lying.

    23 35.94%
  • GITMO reflects contemporary USA mores.

    21 32.81%
  • GITMO upholds the finest standards of USA Justice.

    21 32.81%
  • GITMO is a continuing embarrassment.

    27 42.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 285

Thread: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

  1. #91
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,294

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    So where's your documentation that waterboarding ever happened, then? I mean, if you dismiss everything from the CIA.

    And where's your documentation that it happened in Cuba?
    I presume you are joking or else have been hiding under a mushroom for the last 6 or 8 years.
    Your GC arguments are all hinged upon the presumption that all these terrorists in GITMO or BlackOps centers are guilty. They're not, and that is the problem and the flaw. Why don't you google KSM waterboard and see if you can get any acceptable results. You must be getting paid to promote such absurd propaganda.

  2. #92
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I presume you are joking or else have been hiding under a mushroom for the last 6 or 8 years.
    Your GC arguments are all hinged upon the presumption that all these terrorists in GITMO or BlackOps centers are guilty. They're not, and that is the problem and the flaw. Why don't you google KSM waterboard and see if you can get any acceptable results. You must be getting paid to promote such absurd propaganda.
    Hey, inane blather. A first for Debate Politics. Oh, wait; no it's not.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #93
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    We get it. You guys hate Obama and his corupt nature and the fact that he has expanded black ops prison use. Very clear. I know thats why you will be joining the protests against him, calling for his imprisonment as a war criminal and why there is no way in HELL you would ever consider voting for such an evil corrupt individual.

    Right?

    Riiiiiiiiight...

  4. #94
    User oliveryty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    linyi, shandong, China
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    141
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If the prisoners at Guantanamo were little white girls accused of murder in Italy, more people would probably be against their wrongful imprisonment. However, since a minute percentage of Arabs like to blow themselves up from time to time and take innocents with them, it's only fair we lock up Arabs in general with or without reason.
    Can't agree with you...
    ----------------------------
    Debate and Vote.

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,901

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Why is there a new thread about Gitmo now? Obama closed it in his first year as President. I'm sure he did. I mean, he promised.

    .
    Dear Suckers,

    "Make no mistake, we will close Guantanamo prison, which has damaged our national security interests and become a tremendous recruiting tool for al-Qaeda,"

    May the farce be with you.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #96
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Sorry Dave, but I have absolutely no faith in anything the United Nations says, therefore I clicked The UN is lying.

    This corrupt organization considers the US an obstacle to it's prime objective which is the extermination of western culture.

    Americans should strongly consider any advise or opinion of the United Nations concerning the United States to be suspect.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  7. #97
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I presume you are joking or else have been hiding under a mushroom for the last 6 or 8 years.
    Your GC arguments are all hinged upon the presumption that all these terrorists in GITMO or BlackOps centers are guilty. They're not, and that is the problem and the flaw. Why don't you google KSM waterboard and see if you can get any acceptable results. You must be getting paid to promote such absurd propaganda.
    What's the problem with "water boarding"?

    It was reported to have saved american lives.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  8. #98
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    What's the problem with "water boarding"?

    It was reported to have saved american lives.

    Reported? Do you believe everything reported? The fact is, no verifiable example has ever been given. And what examples were given proved false. So, why would anyone believe the claim?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, they aren't. Nobody in Gitmo is there on arrest for a criminal act. The rest is gibberish based on a false premise.
    I'm not sure we know why any of them were taken, let alone all of them. There was that cab driver who we killed in Afghanistan. He was fighting. He was driving a cab. A bad guy, the actual enemy, told us he was bad. We tortured him and he died. Not sure what category we put him under, but he wasn't a solider firing weapons at us. He was a cab driver.

    Talking about international customary and treaty law of warfare.
    Of which we are not engaged. We are at war with no country. True, we invaded countries, countries that did not attack us or declare war on us, but we are not fighting countries. The point I make is that we have signed and agree to human rights across the board, always, regardless. We did sign and agree to thiese things, so there is no out of thin air.


    You say all this based on an extremely faulty grasp on what "the law" actually is.
    Well, while I think I do understand the law, and what we've agree to, the point you respond to is about our risk. Our enemy has no chance of beating us, period. So, as we don't face that extreme threat, there is no rational reason to argue that we forsake all our core values.

    We've been in Afghanistan for 10 years. Have we won? Are we close?
    What's winning? The country was defeated fairly quickly. Occupation is harder. But, define winning.

    Holding others to the civilized rules of warfare and not coddling those who don't IS one of our ideals.
    No one said a thing about coddling. That's merely hyperbolic nonsense when you don't want to address rule of law. Let me ask you, if we behave like our enemy, are we any different?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #100
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: United Nations: U.S. Operation Of Gitmo Is ‘Clear Breach Of International Law’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The point I make is that we have signed and agree to human rights across the board, always, regardless. We did sign and agree to thiese things, so there is no out of thin air.
    I for one would like to know what specific treaties or agreements you are referring to here. A link would be nice but I can use Goggle if you provide an accurate title for the document(s).


    Edit: If you think it's the GC then think again. I've already been through that document and what you're saying isn't there.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •