View Poll Results: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

    21 55.26%
  • Obama

    17 44.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Just like the last election, I don't like Obama and I don't like White-Obama, so I'd vote for a third party candidate again.
    I think a parliamentary system has it values.

  2. #12
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I think a parliamentary system has it values.
    Then move to Austria.

  3. #13
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    A cynic might say you really don't like black Obama.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but if you're implying I have issues with Obama due to his race you're dead wrong. My point was Romney and Obama are cut from the same cloth. Just like McCain and Obama (and GWB for that matter). Rudderless big government moderates who have no core principles and are willing to pander to whoever to get elected. Bleh!

    I'll just say you'll get the same result a last time, and ask why you bother.
    A third party vote is an official protest against the choice the two mainstream parties give us. I know the third party guy won't win, but its the best way for me to officially register my disgust with both candidates. I gave up voting for the lesser of two evils back in '04. I'll never make that mistake again.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  4. #14
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but if you're implying I have issues with Obama due to his race you're dead wrong. My point was Romney and Obama are cut from the same cloth. Just like McCain and Obama (and GWB for that matter). Rudderless big government moderates who have no core principles and are willing to pander to whoever to get elected. Bleh!



    A third party vote is an official protest against the choice the two mainstream parties give us. I know the third party guy won't win, but its the best way for me to officially register my disgust with both candidates. I gave up voting for the lesser of two evils back in '04. I'll never make that mistake again.
    Not implying anything, just alluding to the sad charge from his acolytes that BO's critics have a problem with his race. (And no, I don't suggest you have.)

    I respect your position that a vote for a third party is a vote against two parties. I used to feel that way myself. Then I learned how voting works. Disgust doesn't show up on the tally board.

  5. #15
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    See now I used to feel the way you do and voted for the "lesser evil". But then I learned that if you back one evil against another evil, you're still backing evil. Both Romney and Obama are going to move government away from where I want to see it go. The fact that Obama might push things a little further away from my ideals doesn't mean Romeny is worth supporting.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  6. #16
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    See now I used to feel the way you do and voted for the "lesser evil". But then I learned that if you back one evil against another evil, you're still backing evil. Both Romney and Obama are going to move government away from where I want to see it go. The fact that Obama might push things a little further away from my ideals doesn't mean Romeny is worth supporting.
    I do not like Obama, but I do not consider him evil.

    My choice is not for "the lesser of two evils" (and dear gawd can we retire that poor, tired phrase?) but for the better of two candidates.

    Edit: Or even of three candidates.
    Last edited by LuckyDan; 01-20-12 at 02:26 AM.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Then move to Austria.
    My yodeling is terrible. But I can do a twang so I'm stuck in Texas.

  8. #18
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    My yodeling is terrible. But I can do a twang so I'm stuck in Texas.
    Oh.

    Crap. I just Amazoned some lederhosen. And some pre-stretched canvas. I really thought you'd go for this.

    Just try to be home Tuesday and tell the UPS guy whatever.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Oh.

    Crap. I just Amazoned some lederhosen. And some pre-stretched canvas. I really thought you'd go for this.

    Just try to be home Tuesday and tell the UPS guy whatever.
    I'm not quite following ya but I'll be here Tuesday.

  10. #20
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Who would you vote for Romney or Obama?

    At this point, my preliminary vote would be Romney. But it is still a long time till election day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •