View Poll Results: How will you view Obama if he gets a 2nd term?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Respect him more

    10 31.25%
  • hate him even more than you already do

    12 37.50%
  • Give him a chance to see if he can change your opinion

    6 18.75%
  • wont care either way

    4 12.50%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Obama 2nd term!

  1. #41
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    A second Obama term would not tell us anything significant about him that his first term didn't already tell us.

    It would, however, tell us something very unfavorable about the voting public.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #42
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A second Obama term would not tell us anything significant about him that his first term didn't already tell us.

    It would, however, tell us something very unfavorable about the voting public.
    I can agree with this to an extent. An Obama 2nd-term victory wouldn't tell us anything about Obama that we don't already know. It would, however, give some insight into what the voting public thinks.

  3. #43
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,520

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGreenwell View Post
    I couldnt agree more. I think Obama's got the upper hand, which is a good thing considering he can start doing the things he planned on doing in his first term.
    Well, he had about as much hand as anyone could have when he came into his first term, so what happened to the plans?

    Questions like that help to illustrate why opinion of him isn't going to change if he happens to get re-elected. It's about what he's done so far, not about how well his campaign goes.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #44
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,649

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    I will generally give the winner the benefit of the doubt to see what will happen the next go around. That being said, I expect the distance between myself and the Democratic party's base and the President of the United States to continue to grow.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #45
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I can agree with this to an extent. An Obama 2nd-term victory wouldn't tell us anything about Obama that we don't already know. It would, however, give some insight into what the voting public thinks.
    It pretty much means that half the country is okay with the job he's been doing so far, which means we're getting the government we deserve, or the GOP candidate really is just that much worse, which still means we're getting the government we deserve.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Those are poor choices. If he gets a second term, I'll be looking for Obama to be more bold in pursuing solutions that will help right our country.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We can’t get lost in discrimination. We can’t get lost in B.S. We can’t get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  7. #47
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    It pretty much means that half the country is okay with the job he's been doing so far, which means we're getting the government we deserve, or the GOP candidate really is just that much worse, which still means we're getting the government we deserve.
    I'm always a bit wary of "we get the government we deserve" rhetoric. It's my personal belief that many of our current political problems stem from our flawed electoral system - not Americans' voting patterns per se.

  8. #48
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,520

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I'm always a bit wary of "we get the government we deserve" rhetoric. It's my personal belief that many of our current political problems stem from our flawed electoral system - not Americans' voting patterns per se.
    The voting public has the ability to inform itself and institute change regardless of any amount of money, etc., which is injected into the system.

    If they don't, it's not the "system's" fault.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #49
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Those are poor choices. If he gets a second term, I'll be looking for Obama to be more bold in pursuing solutions that will help right our country.
    You mean, like the “solutions” that he pursued early in his term, that wrecked our economy much worse than it already was? More of that crap, in the hope that this time, it will “right our country”?

    What's that cliché about the definition of insanity?
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #50
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama 2nd term!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The voting public has the ability to inform itself and institute change regardless of any amount of money, etc., which is injected into the system.

    If they don't, it's not the "system's" fault.
    Sure, it has the "ability," but the odds are stacked against any systematic change either way. If one views the current system as flawed, you can blame the public for not getting off their asses and doing something about it, but it's not their fault that the flawed system exists and will likely continue to exist.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •