View Poll Results: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Join a violent revolution

    25 28.09%
  • Start a National Petition to repeal the act

    21 23.60%
  • Move out the Country

    3 3.37%
  • Celebrate

    5 5.62%
  • Go on with my life and comply with the new law

    19 21.35%
  • Other - state opinion below

    16 17.98%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 283

Thread: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

  1. #261
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the Emancipation Proclamation immediately freed all slaves that were in southern territory that has ben taken by the north.

    as the Union armies advanced, so did freedom for the slaves they encountered.

    yes, Abraham Lincoln freed many slaves.
    Again, no he did not since the Emancipation Proclamation held no force in law. It was an executive order and exempted all areas under Union control from freeing their slaves. It would be a lot like Queen Elizabeth proclaiming that all Americans in the former British Colonies are now freed from United States income taxes. She certainly can make a proclamation as such, but it has no force of law on US citizens.

  2. #262
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    on the contrary, the secession of the CSA was illegal and all Federal laws were still valid over the Southern states, as was the jurisdiction of the Federal government in Washington, D.C.
    Secession is not illegal under the Constitution of the United States. It is a right reserved to the people under the Ninth and Tenth Amendments. Try again.

    EDIT: This is off topic and bears no resemblance to your original claim that Lincoln wasn't despotic to refute my statement that he was. He (not Congress) suspended Habeus Corpus, declared war, and invaded sovereign nations without the consent of Congress. He also locked up every political opponent and held them without trial in Union forts and ships. American Bastille by John Marshall is all about how Lincoln imprisoned people without trial, specifically Francis Scott Key's grandson in the same fort where his grandfather wrote the national anthem. He closed newspapers that disagreed with him. He even went so far as to expel a sitting member of Congress to Canada, see Representative of Ohio Clarence D. Vallandigham. He even went so far as to arrest all of Maryland's legislature and try to arrest Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Roger B. Taney because Taney told Lincoln what he was doing was illegal and unconstitutional.

    My source for the bulk of this is here.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 01-26-12 at 08:08 PM.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Secession is not illegal under the Constitution of the United States. It is a right reserved to the people under the Ninth and Tenth Amendments. Try again.
    the States have the right to secede from the Union, in order to preserve the institution of human slavery?

    how righteous of you.

    tell that to your local black family, and see how they react.

  4. #264
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the States have the right to secede from the Union, in order to preserve the institution of human slavery?

    how righteous of you.

    tell that to your local black family, and see how they react.
    Appeal to emotion and a strawman argument. The states have the right and the duty to arrest federal expansion of powers even to the point of secession. See the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 plus Virginia's Ratification of the Constitution of the United States. The real reason why the Civil War happened is because Lincoln wanted the taxes from imports and exports. I'll let the man himself speak for himself from his 1861 Inaugural Address.

    I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

    In doing this there needs to be no bloodshed or violence, and there shall be none unless it be forced upon the national authority. The power confided to me will be used to hold, occupy, and possess the property and places belonging to the Government and to collect the duties and imposts; but beyond what may be necessary for these objects, there will be no invasion, no using of force against or among the people anywhere.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 01-26-12 at 08:14 PM.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Appeal to emotion and a strawman argument. The states have the right and the duty to arrest federal expansion of powers even to the point of secession. See the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 plus Virginia's Ratification of the Constitution of the United States.
    do slaves have the right to rebel against their "owners"?

    or are they obligated to respect their "owners" private-property rights?

    considering the OP, its fascinating that you are arguing in support of a regime that fought to defend the right to own other human beings.

    fascinating..and ironic.
    Last edited by Thunder; 01-26-12 at 08:14 PM.

  6. #266
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    do slaves have the right to rebel against their "owners"?

    or are they obligated to respect their "owners" private-property rights?

    considering the OP, its fascinating that you are arguing in support of a regime that fought to defend the right to own other human beings.

    fascinating..and ironic.
    Ad hominem since I have neither advocated for slavery nor have I endorsed it. I have given you full history not the fairy tale you espouse. Defeat the facts not attack the bearer of those facts.

    I find it funny that you cut Lincoln's words on the matter from my post.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 01-26-12 at 08:21 PM.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    ...I find it funny that you cut Lincoln's words on the matter from my post.
    tell us again how Lincoln didn't free any slaves.


  8. #268
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    tell us again how Lincoln didn't free any slaves.

    That's easy. Lincoln didn't free a single slave and I have the documentation to prove it.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    That's easy. Lincoln didn't free a single slave and I have the documentation to prove it.
    that's interesting, cause the facts prove you wrong.

    50,000 slaves were immediately freed by the Emancipation Proclamation. These were slaves that lived within CSA territory that had been liberated by the Union. And as the Union got deeper into Southern territory, every slave they encountered was immediately made free by the EP.

    Personally, I believe they were born free..and slavery was illegal as soon as the Constitution was ratified.


  10. #270
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: If America banned the Second Ammendment tomorrow what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    that's interesting, cause the facts prove you wrong.

    50,000 slaves were immediately freed by the Emancipation Proclamation. These were slaves that lived within CSA territory that had been liberated by the Union. And as the Union got deeper into Southern territory, every slave they encountered was immediately made free by the EP.

    Personally, I believe they were born free..and slavery was illegal as soon as the Constitution was ratified.

    Actually, they weren't freed. They were immediately impressed into the Union Army as conscripts for the men which the last I checked conscription is the same as slavery. The women usually were raped and murdered by white Union soldiers.

    My personal opinion has no bearing on historical facts and are out of the scope of this discussion.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •