View Poll Results: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 Years

    24 43.64%
  • 5-10 Years

    14 25.45%
  • 10-15 Years

    3 5.45%
  • 15-20 Years

    4 7.27%
  • 20-25 Years

    0 0%
  • 25+ Years

    2 3.64%
  • Never

    8 14.55%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 178

Thread: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    As long as we are a democracy morals, values, and principals will run things. However, these things can change over time. The principal that the government should not bar two homosexuals who love each other from marrying and recognizing that they are committed to the same marital values that heterosexual couples have is what many (including myself) are now believing. Upon these principals and values do we believe that homosexuals should have the right to marry.
    No these things do NOT change over time. That arguement is exactly what has gotten us into this mess. I would suggest that the idea of a homosexual couple being committed to ANY form of morality or values is absolutely hillarious in my mind; since their lifestyle is the antithesis of these things.


    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    No this country was founded on FREEDOM and LIBERTY and respect for ALL PEOPLES morals not just the ones YOU choose to see LMAO

    Thats where your disconnect is. We all still have morals and values and principles its just that YOU want everyone else to be forced to share YOURS, thats not america and never was.
    Then the United States has no value as a nation, and the last hope for humanity is GONE. Based on your commentary, the US is no better than Somalia, North Korea, Germany, Canada, or any other worthless cesspool of a nation on the face of this planet and humanity has no more value than the common cockroach, to be exterminated.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Except since morals are relative, it is possible to believe in our morals and still support SSM. This is where your position always breaks down.
    No they are not. Never have been. People just like to believe that they are in order to ausage their conscience.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No these things do NOT change over time. That arguement is exactly what has gotten us into this mess. I would suggest that the idea of a homosexual couple being committed to ANY form of morality or values is absolutely hillarious in my mind; since their lifestyle is the antithesis of these things.




    Then the United States has no value as a nation, and the last hope for humanity is GONE. Based on your commentary, the US is no better than Somalia, North Korea, Germany, Canada, or any other worthless cesspool of a nation on the face of this planet and humanity has no more value than the common cockroach, to be exterminated.




    No they are not. Never have been. People just like to believe that they are in order to ausage their conscience.

    Germany a cesspool of a nation? You having a laugh?

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Germany a cesspool of a nation? You having a laugh?
    I have no use for ANY Non-American, nor for any American who chooses to leave the United States for any reason other than military service.

  4. #54
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No these things do NOT change over time. That arguement is exactly what has gotten us into this mess. I would suggest that the idea of a homosexual couple being committed to ANY form of morality or values is absolutely hillarious in my mind; since their lifestyle is the antithesis of these things.




    Then the United States has no value as a nation, and the last hope for humanity is GONE. Based on your commentary, the US is no better than Somalia, North Korea, Germany, Canada, or any other worthless cesspool of a nation on the face of this planet and humanity has no more value than the common cockroach, to be exterminated.




    No they are not. Never have been. People just like to believe that they are in order to ausage their conscience.
    You are hilarious.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I have no use for ANY Non-American, nor for any American who chooses to leave the United States for any reason other than military service.

    ok thats fine but you have no place calling countries Cesspools when you have never been there, it may as well be on the moon as far as your concencered!

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    ok thats fine but you have no place calling countries Cesspools when you have never been there, it may as well be on the moon as far as your concerned!
    Any place that is not the US is a cesspool so far as I'm concerned; and there are large stretches of this nation that I say the same thing about; including the area I live in. It's not about how pretty or nice somewhere is. It's about the people who inhabit the place and their ability to live a moral, decent, and principled life. The more I see of the world and this nation, the less I believe the human race is anything more than overgrown rodents and swarming bugs to be exterminated before they spread their diseases any further than they've already gone.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Any place that is not the US is a cesspool so far as I'm concerned; and there are large stretches of this nation that I say the same thing about; including the area I live in. It's not about how pretty or nice somewhere is. It's about the people who inhabit the place and their ability to live a moral, decent, and principled life. The more I see of the world and this nation, the less I believe the human race is anything more than overgrown rodents and swarming bugs to be exterminated before they spread their diseases any further than they've already gone.

    but you havent seen any of this world so how would you know?

  8. #58
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Thats because theres no logic behind this point of view, at least pertaining to law, freedoms and America equality. All the BS reasons have been thoroughly debunked but those threads have been done.

    Here:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...ight-stop.html (closed)
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...p-part-ii.html
    Religion or someones beliefs in such are not a BS reason. You may not agree with it, but it does not make it BS.

    I support it being legalized although civil unions would be better in my humble opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I thought SSM was about sex discrimination, not sexuality; the whole "a man can marry a woman but a woman can not marry a woman therefore it's discrimination" shtick. I'm confused.
    Im sorry that the notion that people can have different views and reasonings about an issue confuse you. Let me help you Jerry. Some people think its a religious issue. Some think it's a traditions issue. Some think it's a state rights issue. Some think its a moral issue. Some think its a sexual orientation issue. Some think its a gender issue. And I'm sure there's other views as well. I hope that helped clear up your confusion over the notion that millions of people can have different views about an issue.

    I think within the next 10 years, give and take 2 probably, we'll see it

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Im sorry that the notion that people can have different views and reasonings about an issue confuse you. Let me help you Jerry. Some people think its a religious issue. Some think it's a traditions issue. Some think it's a state rights issue. Some think its a moral issue. Some think its a sexual orientation issue. Some think its a gender issue. And I'm sure there's other views as well. I hope that helped clear up your confusion over the notion that millions of people can have different views about an issue.

    I think within the next 10 years, give and take 2 probably, we'll see it
    Don't forget to mention that Jerry has had this stuff pointed out to him literally dozens of times, and yet falls back on this every single time.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •