View Poll Results: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 Years

    24 43.64%
  • 5-10 Years

    14 25.45%
  • 10-15 Years

    3 5.45%
  • 15-20 Years

    4 7.27%
  • 20-25 Years

    0 0%
  • 25+ Years

    2 3.64%
  • Never

    8 14.55%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 178

Thread: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

  1. #151
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Why is it that whenever we have a discussion on gay marriage, people who are against it always fall back on "well gays can't have children"! So... the... ****... what if they can't? Be honest with yourselves, how many ****ing people do you think get married in order to have kids? I know for a fact that I got married in order to get pussy 24/7 without having to chase after it. I got lucky. My wife is beautiful even after birth so it's like she never even gave birth to begin with. I know I'm not alone and I'm probably not in the majority, however it's safe to bet that there are millions of people out there who didn't get married in order to have ****ing kids. The kids just appeared the same way the car, mortgage and weird neighbors did.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #152
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why is it that whenever we have a discussion on gay marriage, people who are against it always fall back on "well gays can't have children"! So... the... ****... what if they can't? Be honest with yourselves, how many ****ing people do you think get married in order to have kids? I know for a fact that I got married in order to get pussy 24/7 without having to chase after it. I got lucky. My wife is beautiful even after birth so it's like she never even gave birth to begin with. I know I'm not alone and I'm probably not in the majority, however it's safe to bet that there are millions of people out there who didn't get married in order to have ****ing kids. The kids just appeared the same way the car, mortgage and weird neighbors did.
    You know now that you're gonna have to post some Tavern pics at some point.

  3. #153
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind, CC. Never have been. All I'm here to do is ensure that when you folks stand in front of your Creators you have no capability to say.... "But I didn't know that....."
    I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind either. My task when debating you is to demonstrate the complete inaccuracy of what you say so that any unsuspecting poster who reads your posts can then say, "ah, NOW I understand that what Tigger said is completely wrong and makes no sense.". Every time I see you post something that is completely inaccurate... like you have done here, I will point out your inaccuracy... so that ANYONE who reads it, who might not be sure, will be unsure no longer. I have no issue with YOU believing the fallacies that you believe. Anyone is entitled to believe falseness, so go on and continue to do so. I just want to make sure that no one else believes what you say, since what you say is not accurate.

    If you say so. Just make sure they bury you folks with a lot of sunscreen.
    I'm far more concerned about you carrying lots of sunscreen and sunglasses when YOU get buried, I have no concerns that I will need none when it's my "time".
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #154
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I am suggesting that over the LONG-TERM, that there may well be a significant growth in the percentage of homosexual individuals if/when the practice becomes acceptable in society. We do not yet have a large enough sample size/timeline to determine what the potential long-term effects of this sort of change in society might be. Whether the legalization of such practices in Europe is a cause of some of their social ills or a symptom of them is hard to say at this point, but it cannot be denied that the countries which choose to accept it are generally much more Socialist than those that do not.
    Since throughout history, the population percentage of homosexuals has consistently hovered around 4%-7%, you are, as usual, wrong again, with your assertion. See, Tigger, you REALLY need to stop presenting what you post as if they are facts. They are quite the opposite of facts, as is proven pretty much every time.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So if a couple is infertile and uses donor sperm, or adopts, that's wrong too?
    In a single word.... YES.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But you said it's about children.
    No, I said it's about the POTENTIAL for children. Children, just like adults are more often than not, unworthy of the flesh they inhabit or the oxygen they breath after about the age of five.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But you based that on having children. So you're full of crap on that. You have no rational reason for forbidding gay marriage over child-bearing if you don't also do it for hetero couples.
    There is almost always the POTENTIAL for naturally created children in a hetero couple. There is NEVER a POTENTIAL for naturally created children in a same-sex couple

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Sure they are. There are plenty of normal, healthy kids raised by gays, and plenty of completely ****ed up kids raised by straights too.
    I will agree with the second half of your statement. I cannot say that I have ever encountered anyone who would fit the first half of your statement. The three I've known were all fruity-nutty-crunchy types who ran away like little girls every time someone said "boo" to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But see, I accept that people are different and can live their own lives. You don't. That's your problem, and it's only going to lead to even more frustration in your life, because nobody's going to actually listen to you.
    I don't expect anyone to listen to me. I never have. All I can do is to promote what's RIGHT over what's Wrong. If they make the Wrong choices, that's up to them.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm far more concerned about you carrying lots of sunscreen and sunglasses when YOU get buried, I have no concerns that I will need none when it's my "time".
    I'm not being buried. My body will be burned on a pyre. There won't be anything left of me or most of my possessions by the time my funeral is over.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Since throughout history, the population percentage of homosexuals has consistently hovered around 4%-7%, you are, as usual, wrong again, with your assertion. See, Tigger, you REALLY need to stop presenting what you post as if they are facts. They are quite the opposite of facts, as is proven pretty much every time.
    Whatever you say, CC. I would suggest that this nation is as immoral as any in human history, and just getting worse by the day. We've surpassed the "Glories" of Rome and eventually it will be the demise of this nation; and I for one will stand and cheer when it happens.

  7. #157
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    In a single word.... YES.
    And that makes sense to you...why?

    No, I said it's about the POTENTIAL for children. Children, just like adults are more often than not, unworthy of the flesh they inhabit or the oxygen they breath after about the age of five.
    Ah, so you think we should just kill children and forcibly sterilize everyone?

    There is almost always the POTENTIAL for naturally created children in a hetero couple. There is NEVER a POTENTIAL for naturally created children in a same-sex couple
    No, Tigger, there is not always potential for natural children in a hetero couple. You need to face reality. Your 90-year-old grandma is not going to get pregnant. A woman who has had a hysterectomy is not going to get pregnant. Period (no pun intended). It's simply not going to happen.

    On the other hand, a lesbian could get pregnant any time she wants.

    I will agree with the second half of your statement. I cannot say that I have ever encountered anyone who would fit the first half of your statement. The three I've known were all fruity-nutty-crunchy types who ran away like little girls every time someone said "boo" to them.
    Yet it's true. There are lots of normal people you've never encountered, that's clear from your posts.

    I don't expect anyone to listen to me. I never have. All I can do is to promote what's RIGHT over what's Wrong. If they make the Wrong choices, that's up to them.
    Yes, you do expect people to listen to you, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. And if you think promoting something works when you don't care, you're doing it wrong.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #158
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why is it that whenever we have a discussion on gay marriage, people who are against it always fall back on "well gays can't have children"! So... the... ****... what if they can't? Be honest with yourselves, how many ****ing people do you think get married in order to have kids? I know for a fact that I got married in order to get pussy 24/7 without having to chase after it. I got lucky. My wife is beautiful even after birth so it's like she never even gave birth to begin with. I know I'm not alone and I'm probably not in the majority, however it's safe to bet that there are millions of people out there who didn't get married in order to have ****ing kids. The kids just appeared the same way the car, mortgage and weird neighbors did.
    And the conservative would say "that's exactly why we have marriage - because kids just happen."
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    And that makes sense to you...why?
    How about because I don't really believe in Free Will all that much. If the Powers want me to be married and have kids they'll make it happen. It's not my place to second-guess them. I may complain that it doesn't turn out the way I want it to, but in the end it's not MY decision to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Ah, so you think we should just kill children and forcibly sterilize everyone?
    No. However, we need to get rid of this ridiculous idea that some 7 or 8 year old who commits a heinous crime isn't responsible for their actions, and we need to start formally charging their PARENTS as accessories to the crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No, Tigger, there is not always potential for natural children in a hetero couple. You need to face reality. Your 90-year-old grandma is not going to get pregnant. A woman who has had a hysterectomy is not going to get pregnant. Period (no pun intended). It's simply not going to happen.
    The 90 year old grandma shouldn't be getting married in the first place. As for the others, stranger things have happened in the history of the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    On the other hand, a lesbian could get pregnant any time she wants.
    Not with her female lover, and without the aid of medical science she isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yet it's true. There are lots of normal people you've never encountered, that's clear from your posts.
    There are a lot of "normal" people I do not have any interest in ever encountering either.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yes, you do expect people to listen to you, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. And if you think promoting something works when you don't care, you're doing it wrong.
    All I'm doing is providing information. Nothing more. People may choose to do whatever they want with it. That's their issue, not mine.

  10. #160
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Same-Sex Marriage, How long till it's legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    How about because I don't really believe in Free Will all that much. If the Powers want me to be married and have kids they'll make it happen. It's not my place to second-guess them. I may complain that it doesn't turn out the way I want it to, but in the end it's not MY decision to make.
    You say that about yourself, but not others.

    The 90 year old grandma shouldn't be getting married in the first place.
    Why not?

    As for the others, stranger things have happened in the history of the world.
    No they haven't, Tigger. This is that "reality" thing I referred to.

    Not with her female lover, and without the aid of medical science she isn't.
    She doesn't need medical science. She can simply have sex with a man.

    There are a lot of "normal" people I do not have any interest in ever encountering either.
    That should be your sig line, Tigger.

    All I'm doing is providing information. Nothing more. People may choose to do whatever they want with it. That's their issue, not mine.
    Of course it's your issue.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •