View Poll Results: How should Marijuana be dealt with?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stricter federal laws must be made, and more money put to enforcing them

    13 10.83%
  • Give individual states the right to decide how to go about it

    39 32.50%
  • Legalize it through a federal law

    52 43.33%
  • Give states the right to decide about it as long as they abide by certain Federal guidelines

    16 13.33%
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 409

Thread: Marijuana

  1. #81
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    but we should fine them heavily.
    But WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY

    It makes no sense.

    Weed is harmless. You don't hurt anyone when you smoke it, or ingest it for that matter, why punish people for doing no harm to anyone?

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Addiction is well-established as a mental illness.
    I'd defer to captain on this, but I don't believe this is true...

    SOME addiction is absolutely a mental illness. Other forms of addition are physical in nature, not mental, and relate to the item being used and the properties of said thing.

    Stuff that causes PHSYICAL, not mental addiction, can often LEAD to mental addiction especially in those with a predisposition for mental addiction...but ALL addiction is not inherently mental to my undrestanding.

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Not only shouldn't it be allowed to become legal, consumable alcohol and tobacco should be made illegal as well. There is no need for any of those products.
    I disagree with you 100%, but I'll give you credit for one of the few people I've ever seen who, upon first comment, came out completely consistent on this matter.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Weed is harmless. You don't hurt anyone when you smoke it, or ingest it for that matter, why punish people for doing no harm to anyone?
    Tell that to the families of the six Worcster, MA firefighters who died in the Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse fire on the night of December 3, 1999. that fire was unintentionally lit by a pair of dope smoking, homeless, wastes of flesh and oxygen who didn't even bother to report the fire when they left the building. 5 hours later six Worcester firefighters lost their lives when the building collapsed whild they were looking for those same two homeless people (who weren't even there). So please do not ever try to tell me that marijuana is "harmless".

  5. #85
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Tell that to the families of the six Worcster, MA firefighters who died in the Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse fire on the night of December 3, 1999. that fire was unintentionally lit by a pair of dope smoking, homeless, wastes of flesh and oxygen who didn't even bother to report the fire when they left the building. 5 hours later six Worcester firefighters lost their lives when the building collapsed whild they were looking for those same two homeless people (who weren't even there). So please do not ever try to tell me that marijuana is "harmless".
    So you're saying Marijuana convinced those two guys to light the building on fire intentionally.

    There's so many things wrong with that logic its difficult to begin listing them.

  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    There is no good reason behind legalizing it. Keep it illegal and crack down on pot use. Prosecute the states that break federal law and "legalize it" for "medical use."
    Saving money regarding the amount of time and energy in enforcing, prosecuting, and rehabbing with regards to the drug laws we have would be a "good reason" in my mind.

    Freeing police resources, including funds and man power, from dealing with drug use to other crimes more directly impacting other people is a "good reason" in my mind.

    Whittling away at the notion that the government needs to have a say on what I do in my private life to myself is a "good reason" in my mind.

    Reducing the money being funneled into violent groups and organizations who thrive on the black market nature of the substances is a "Good reason" in my mind.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So you're saying Marijuana convinced those two guys to light the building on fire intentionally.

    There's so many things wrong with that logic its difficult to begin listing them.
    No. These two individuals ADMITTED that they were high on the crap when one of them accidentally kicked over a candle and lit a pile of dirty clothes on fire. See, these two wastes of flesh and oxygen were squatting in the abandoned Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse because neither of their families would take them in until they decided to get clean and make something out of their lives. Neither one of them (him in his mid to late 30's and her in her late teens) was willing to do that. They tried to put the fire out but it got too big for them to handle, so they left the building. They walked past 3 fire call boxes between the Warehouse and the Mall where they decided to spend the afternoon, hoping the fire would burn itself out. Before they went back, the blaze reached the size to begin sending smoke out the top of the building. When the first fire companies arrived, the owner of a local diner informed them that there were 2 known squatters living in the building who had been seen going INTO the building that morning but hadn't been seen coming out. The first two rescuemen got lost trying to find their way through the near-windowless building. The other four went in looking for their comrades. None of them ever came out again, alive. When the two squatters were found, they admitted to being afraid to call the fire department because they felt they'd get in trouble... not because of the squatting but because they were hight on marijuana at the time. So please don't tell me this was not related to their disgusting habit.

  8. #88
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No. These two individuals ADMITTED that they were high on the crap when one of them accidentally kicked over a candle and lit a pile of dirty clothes on fire. See, these two wastes of flesh and oxygen were squatting in the abandoned Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse because neither of their families would take them in until they decided to get clean and make something out of their lives. Neither one of them (him in his mid to late 30's and her in her late teens) was willing to do that. They tried to put the fire out but it got too big for them to handle, so they left the building. They walked past 3 fire call boxes between the Warehouse and the Mall where they decided to spend the afternoon, hoping the fire would burn itself out. Before they went back, the blaze reached the size to begin sending smoke out the top of the building. When the first fire companies arrived, the owner of a local diner informed them that there were 2 known squatters living in the building who had been seen going INTO the building that morning but hadn't been seen coming out. The first two rescuemen got lost trying to find their way through the near-windowless building. The other four went in looking for their comrades. None of them ever came out again, alive. When the two squatters were found, they admitted to being afraid to call the fire department because they felt they'd get in trouble... not because of the squatting but because they were hight on marijuana at the time. So please don't tell me this was not related to their disgusting habit.
    TL;DR

    Mate I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

    Are you saying that if I smoke weed I will burn down a building and kill people?

    Strange because I have smoked weed (a lot of it) in the past and the only thing I ever burned while high was... more weed

    You have zero argument here. The fact that they smoked weed had nothing to do with them burning down the building.

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No. These two individuals ADMITTED that they were high on the crap when one of them accidentally kicked over a candle and lit a pile of dirty clothes on fire. See, these two wastes of flesh and oxygen were squatting in the abandoned Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse because neither of their families would take them in until they decided to get clean and make something out of their lives. Neither one of them (him in his mid to late 30's and her in her late teens) was willing to do that. They tried to put the fire out but it got too big for them to handle, so they left the building. They walked past 3 fire call boxes between the Warehouse and the Mall where they decided to spend the afternoon, hoping the fire would burn itself out. Before they went back, the blaze reached the size to begin sending smoke out the top of the building. When the first fire companies arrived, the owner of a local diner informed them that there were 2 known squatters living in the building who had been seen going INTO the building that morning but hadn't been seen coming out. The first two rescuemen got lost trying to find their way through the near-windowless building. The other four went in looking for their comrades. None of them ever came out again, alive. When the two squatters were found, they admitted to being afraid to call the fire department because they felt they'd get in trouble... not because of the squatting but because they were hight on marijuana at the time. So please don't tell me this was not related to their disgusting habit.
    So by this story, and your logic if it was legal, and they didn't have to worry about getting in trouble, they probably would have reported the fire. So your in favor of legalization yes?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    TL;DR

    Mate I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

    Are you saying that if I smoke weed I will burn down a building and kill people?

    Strange because I have smoked weed (a lot of it) in the past and the only thing I ever burned while high was... more weed

    You have zero argument here. The fact that they smoked weed had nothing to do with them burning down the building.
    Weird, the only thing I think about is cookies haha.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •