View Poll Results: How should Marijuana be dealt with?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stricter federal laws must be made, and more money put to enforcing them

    13 10.83%
  • Give individual states the right to decide how to go about it

    39 32.50%
  • Legalize it through a federal law

    52 43.33%
  • Give states the right to decide about it as long as they abide by certain Federal guidelines

    16 13.33%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 409

Thread: Marijuana

  1. #11
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,291

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Legalize it all and put in place laws laterally to alcohol use. Must be 18, don't operate a car, public use limited, etc.

    Allow the private sector to act accordingly - businesses can exclude employment over its use, insurance companies can refuse to cover you over its use, etc. If you want to do drugs and fully understand what it entails, more power to you.

    However, if you snort a line of coke and your heart stops, you'd be better off left for dead.



    yep legalize it, tax it, regulate it
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #12
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,686

    Re: Marijuna

    treat it as the equivalent of alcoholic beverages
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it[
    Quote Originally Posted by oneworld2 View Post
    Except it's not their land and it was a war of conquest wrapped up as a defensive war. Subsequent events confirm this

  3. #13
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,282

    Re: Marijuna

    Ockham - Not true at all.

    The mental health system is badly broken. A lot of people get turned away, or inadequately treated, or even badly treated. Just because they've been diagnosed is no guarantee that they're receiving adequate care. I know of all kinds of people who have been mistreated in institutions, or just handed cocktails with little or no therapy or progress reports, or simply told "No money, no service." I have a friend whose sister is going through problems right now because she is mentally ill, needs help, but was abused last time she was in-patient and is now scared of going back. This stuff happens all the time.

    Addiction is well-established as a mental illness. Whether you believe in it is besides the point. And the reality is that mental illness often requires prolonged treatment, sometimes multiple times. "Bipolar Bob" may have gone off his meds because they stopped working properly and he was having manic thought disorder. Maybe it's not just because he's choosing to be unwell. And the reason no one catches it until Bob is off his meds and de-stabalized is because of how inadequate our mental health system is.

  4. #14
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,700

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    How should the government deal with it? As of now they pour lots of money into enforcing laws against it, and the use of it is still widespread.
    I say legalize it on a federal level and make the same laws that apply to cigarettes and alcohol apply to marijuana.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 01-06-12 at 07:42 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #15
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,048

    Re: Marijuna

    I voted 4, but I meant 3. I'm having a large glass of Jameson's on the rocks at the moment. Cloudy thinking.

    Leave people the hell alone about it. Pot should be decriminalized.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  6. #16
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Marijuna

    Let the states decide how they want to handle this issue. If you don't like what your state does.....move.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  7. #17
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!
    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    34,631
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    treat it as the equivalent of alcoholic beverages
    I'd ban using it in public though. No-one wants a second-hand buzz in a restaurant.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #18
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Legalised, taxed and regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    I'd ban using it in public though. No-one wants a second-hand buzz in a restaurant.
    Pretty much this.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  9. #19
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,291

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    I'd ban using it in public though. No-one wants a second-hand buzz in a restaurant.
    not that I disagree but the chances of that happening are super slim and with the new smoking laws that keep coming out you probably, just like cigs you probably wont be smoking anywhere where there are non smokers.

    But I definitely see the potential you are talking about, id probably, limit public smoking but not ban it, but it would be more limited than smoking is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  10. #20
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Ockham - Not true at all.

    The mental health system is badly broken. A lot of people get turned away, or inadequately treated, or even badly treated. Just because they've been diagnosed is no guarantee that they're receiving adequate care. I know of all kinds of people who have been mistreated in institutions, or just handed cocktails with little or no therapy or progress reports, or simply told "No money, no service." I have a friend whose sister is going through problems right now because she is mentally ill, needs help, but was abused last time she was in-patient and is now scared of going back. This stuff happens all the time.

    Addiction is well-established as a mental illness. Whether you believe in it is besides the point. And the reality is that mental illness often requires prolonged treatment, sometimes multiple times. "Bipolar Bob" may have gone off his meds because they stopped working properly and he was having manic thought disorder. Maybe it's not just because he's choosing to be unwell. And the reason no one catches it until Bob is off his meds and de-stabalized is because of how inadequate our mental health system is.
    Addiction is labelled a mental illness. It no doubt an area where natural and environmental predilection and physiological factors are important. But it is distinct from many other mental illnesses in the sense that there is a lot of choice involved. Acknowledging the complexities of the issue must not take away the real moral and character issues involved; a heroin addict is not simply a unfree victim of a mental condition.

    I don't think marijuana should be illegal. The problems associated with it, even in a cultural and social sense, do not seem to warrant the trouble that prohibition has. I do not think this is generally the case with illegal drugs however, whatever the real problems of their prohibition.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •