View Poll Results: How should Marijuana be dealt with?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stricter federal laws must be made, and more money put to enforcing them

    13 10.83%
  • Give individual states the right to decide how to go about it

    39 32.50%
  • Legalize it through a federal law

    52 43.33%
  • Give states the right to decide about it as long as they abide by certain Federal guidelines

    16 13.33%
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 409

Thread: Marijuana

  1. #161
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Tessa, if we decirminalize THC because it's so costly to uphold the law, what else follows suit? Are all drugs then decriminalized? How about prostitution? After that, what else should be decriminalized? I do have sympathy for your story [seriously, I do], yet what happens when we decriminalize and decriminalize until we have to start thinking of new things to decriminalize?
    Yes all drugs, yes prostitution in designated areas which are managed by law to specific standards. By making it "allowed" and taking the mystery out of it, it becomes less of a taboo and therefore the curiosity drops. My other reason is that people will then have to discuss the topic and parents/kids can have a real discussion about it. Those who are dumb enough to kill themselves on drugs remove themselves from the gene pool and that makes the human race stronger. People lived thousands of years without some monarch or government authority telling the people they shouldn't do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    ^^^ So sorry you had to go through all that Tess, sounds awful.
    It does sound awful but Tess lived through it, because she had to and became strong because of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post

    As for prostitution and the slippery slope argument: Prostitution is legal and regulated in Nevada and it's one of the safest systems in place, for both the prostitute and the customer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't eat them, so what would I care?
    One of the joys of life includes cheetos and beer. Andy Capps Hot Fries are a close second...

    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #162
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Marijuna

    If society has no problem with cigarettes and alcohol, this should seriously be a no brainer. Legalize the stuff, everyone is going to smoke it anyways.

  3. #163
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Tessa, if we decirminalize THC because it's so costly to uphold the law, what else follows suit? Are all drugs then decriminalized? How about prostitution? After that, what else should be decriminalized? I do have sympathy for your story [seriously, I do], yet what happens when we decriminalize and decriminalize until we have to start thinking of new things to decriminalize?
    Speaking of prostitution, why is it illegal to sell something that's perfectly fine to give away for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #164
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't eat them, so what would I care?
    It's all about you isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Speaking of prostitution, why is it illegal to sell something that's perfectly fine to give away for free?
    Since we're talking about female dignity as though it's a commodity, I'll ask you a question in jest:

    Marijuana-philosoraptor-if-you-rape-prostitute_thumb-jpg

  6. #166
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Since we're talking about female dignity as though it's a commodity, I'll ask you a question in jest:

    Marijuana-philosoraptor-if-you-rape-prostitute_thumb-jpg
    Prostitution is not exclusively female.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #167
    ¡Selah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Tessa, if we decirminalize THC because it's so costly to uphold the law, what else follows suit? Are all drugs then decriminalized? How about prostitution? After that, what else should be decriminalized? I do have sympathy for your story [seriously, I do], yet what happens when we decriminalize and decriminalize until we have to start thinking of new things to decriminalize?
    Prostitution needs to be legalied. Other than that, your argument makes no sense.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  8. #168
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Since we're talking about female dignity as though it's a commodity, I'll ask you a question in jest:

    Marijuana-philosoraptor-if-you-rape-prostitute_thumb-jpg
    I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that a woman who elects to prostitute herself is automatically without dignity. Yes, there are a great number of women who probably prostitute to acquire drug money, because they are otherwise unhireable due to a drug habit/criminal past, etc. But there are also women who choose to prostitute because they like the thrill, the pay-out, or the sex. Hell, there are even prostitutes who don't perform sexual acts at all...they merely provide company to men in an "innocent" context.

    And then again, there are also male prostitutes. To assume that the only way prostitution can exist is if women are degraded is.....pious..or sanctimonious, even. And it's wrong.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Prostitution needs to be legalied. Other than that, your argument makes no sense.
    I am on the fence.

    What I mean is that if we decriminalize things simply because they're primarily costly, like stopping illegal drugs, what else will we then look for to decriminalize?

    I think prostitution is degrading for women. I get that there are some men who do it as well, but mainly women do it. I have a sense of pride, and I ache at the thought of people selling their bodie just to be able to afford food/drugs/whatever.

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Marijuna

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that a woman who elects to prostitute herself is automatically without dignity. Yes, there are a great number of women who probably prostitute to acquire drug money, because they are otherwise unhireable due to a drug habit/criminal past, etc. But there are also women who choose to prostitute because they like the thrill, the pay-out, or the sex. Hell, there are even prostitutes who don't perform sexual acts at all...they merely provide company to men in an "innocent" context.

    And then again, there are also male prostitutes. To assume that the only way prostitution can exist is if women are degraded is.....pious..or sanctimonious, even. And it's wrong.
    It's amazing that some people think they can stop prostitution, a profession that's nickname is the oldest profession on Earth. It hasn't gone anywhere, and it's never going to go anywhere, it's at the very core of our biology(to want sex), and selling sex will always be around. We need to make it safe for people, not led criminals run the trade.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •