View Poll Results: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Liberals

    17 23.29%
  • More Conservatives

    15 20.55%
  • About the same

    26 35.62%
  • Don't know and don't care

    15 20.55%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101

Thread: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

  1. #41
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    no you may not ask until you accept this FACT lol
    My beliefs play no role in my statement its a fact, at least for the last 3 years anyway.
    Thanks for the reply.

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Welcome, thanks for ignoring facts, it gave me even more mirth. LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    USMB I know. And I disagree that it's a con board. You get a little sharper liberal here than there, but other than that...

    I'm looking for a good con board, not that I don't like it here. It's just sometimes you want to be among your own, you know?
    Perhaps a fear that you are wrong and that socialism is better for the masses - at least ???
    Fear not; many of my views are liberal; but I have doubts that this is the best way - at least for now.. I simply am not convinced of either approach - thats why I am an independent.. And if one wishes to be "complete", he must walk among the masses.

  4. #44
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Perhaps a fear that you are wrong and that socialism is better for the masses - at least ???
    Fear not; many of my views are liberal; but I have doubts that this is the best way - at least for now.. I simply am not convinced of either approach - thats why I am an independent.. And if one wishes to be "complete", he must walk among the masses.
    No, earthworm, I'm not afraid.

    I wonder if you didn't click on the wrong "LuckyDan" post. I think you might be replying to my comment that liberalism is America's default position. That's the only way your suggestion that I fear it makes sense. It's like when homosexuals tell me I might be gay.

    In either case, no. I'm a con. And I wouldn't want to live in a world that didn't feature among it's top attractions pretty girls with bouncing boobies and twitching round bottoms.

    I despise liberalism, but I don't hate libs. At least not the ones who can't help themelves. Those who have the brainpower to know better . . . that's where it gets prickly.

  5. #45
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Last Seen
    06-17-12 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    415

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan
    Those who have the brainpower to know better . . .
    I'm getting so tired of low-blows like these...

    Ted Kasczynski (i.e. the Unabomber), had an IQ of 162. He was pretty smart. We should all become Anarcho-primitivists then! Albert Einstein, on the other hand, had an IQ of between 160 and 180. He might have been even smarter. But guess what: he was a socialist. So now we need to be socialist anarcho-primitivists, in order to correspond to the most intelligent faction of political thinkers. But there is a contradiction here, you see? Anarcho-primitivism is opposed to socialism, by definition. You see the point I am getting at, right?

    I'm sorry to tell you this, but intelligence is distributed fairly evenly among the liberal and conservative population. Political leaning has little to do with intelligence. Adopting the view that you are the only one who is right and everybody else is wrong and stupid, is a trait of an ideologue. Comments like these are the kinds of things that reduce the quality of the forum because they make people less open to discussion, and more open to crude insults and flame wars.

  6. #46
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yes, I know, there are more political leans than just conservative/liberal, but I know some have an opinion on this specific question. I'm conducting an experiment. Does it seem to you that there are more liberals (and/or liberal posts) or more conservatives (and/or conservative posts) or is it about equal?

    Poll to follow.
    Despite the popularity of blogging as a leftist vehicle of rhetoric, DP.com appears (in my view) to be overwhelmingly conservative.

  7. #47
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    I'm getting so tired of low-blows like these...

    Ted Kasczynski (i.e. the Unabomber), had an IQ of 162. He was pretty smart. We should all become Anarcho-primitivists then! Albert Einstein, on the other hand, had an IQ of between 160 and 180. He might have been even smarter. But guess what: he was a socialist. So now we need to be socialist anarcho-primitivists, in order to correspond to the most intelligent faction of political thinkers. But there is a contradiction here, you see? Anarcho-primitivism is opposed to socialism, by definition. You see the point I am getting at, right?

    I'm sorry to tell you this, but intelligence is distributed fairly evenly among the liberal and conservative population. Political leaning has little to do with intelligence. Adopting the view that you are the only one who is right and everybody else is wrong and stupid, is a trait of an ideologue. Comments like these are the kinds of things that reduce the quality of the forum because they make people less open to discussion, and more open to crude insults and flame wars.

    Hello, Justin.

    Agree or disagree: The more educated one is, the more liberal one is likely to be.

  8. #48
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Last Seen
    06-17-12 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    415

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan
    Agree or disagree: The more educated one is, the more liberal one is likely to be.
    I don't know. But in actuality, I don't think that it matters.
    Last edited by JustinS; 01-07-12 at 04:02 AM.

  9. #49
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    I don't know. But in actuality, I don't think that it matters.
    I believe the more time one spends in America's learning institutions, unless they are rebels and damn smart, the more liberal they will be.

    You mentioned a psycho and a physicist, as if they are one and the same. Both smart, yes, but neither representative of the popululace I am talking about. I am concerned with those libs who are above the Jerry Springer watchers, but who cannot see that Chomsky and Zinn are full of ****.
    Last edited by LuckyDan; 01-07-12 at 04:06 AM. Reason: to include justin's edit

  10. #50
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Last Seen
    06-17-12 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    415

    Re: Are There More Liberals or More Conservatives on DP?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan
    You mentioned a psycho and a physicist, as if they are one and the same. Both smart, yes, but neither representative of the populace I am talking about. I am concerned with those libs who are above the Jerry Springer watchers, but who cannot see that Chomsky and Zinn are full of ****.
    Whether or not Chomsky and Zinn are full of **** is your opinion, not necessarily everybody else's. Kasczynski was not a psycho, considering that he was never declared insane. But whether or not somebody is liberal or conservative has little to do with intelligence. More with upbringing, if you ask me.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •