View Poll Results: Your Grade for Obama

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • A -- Absolutely Wonderful

    0 0%
  • B -- Good

    14 15.56%
  • C -- Marginal

    32 35.56%
  • D -- Terrible

    29 32.22%
  • F -- The Greatest Traitor in U.S. History

    12 13.33%
  • Other (Specify)

    3 3.33%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 149

Thread: Your Grade for Obama

  1. #41
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ok... Well if the Muslim Brotherhood would stand with these ideas your listed off that would be one thing. But you to tell who can be the leaders of the country all the around the world is not supporting "freedom or democracy" its not your country of the USA's country. Its Egypt's county. The USA is not some police man of the world.
    And this is not about who i "support".
    "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations."

  2. #42
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Actually that isn't true because during the Egyptian revolution, the US was supporting both sides. Many Egyptian civil society groups had links to the US State Department (Freedom House: Egyptian Activists Stress Democracy, Human Rights in Talks with U.S. Secretary of State).
    We gave both sides MATERIAL support? Way to take a side yo.

  3. #43
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations."
    "We believe that the political reform is the true and natural gateway for all other kinds of reform. We have announced our acceptance of democracy that acknowledges political pluralism, the peaceful rotation of power and the fact that the nation is the source of all powers. As we see it, political reform includes the termination of the state of emergency, restoring public freedoms, including the right to establish political parties, whatever their tendencies may be, and the freedom of the press, freedom of criticism and thought, freedom of peaceful demonstrations, freedom of assembly, etc. It also includes the dismantling of all exceptional courts and the annulment of all exceptional laws, establishing the independence of the judiciary, enabling the judiciary to fully and truly supervise general elections so as to ensure that they authentically express people's will, removing all obstacles that restrict the functioning of civil society organizations, etc."

    Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website


  4. #44
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    We gave both sides MATERIAL support? Way to take a side yo.
    Word up! That's how we roll.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  5. #45
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "We believe that the political reform is the true and natural gateway for all other kinds of reform. We have announced our acceptance of democracy that acknowledges political pluralism, the peaceful rotation of power and the fact that the nation is the source of all powers. As we see it, political reform includes the termination of the state of emergency, restoring public freedoms, including the right to establish political parties, whatever their tendencies may be, and the freedom of the press, freedom of criticism and thought, freedom of peaceful demonstrations, freedom of assembly, etc. It also includes the dismantling of all exceptional courts and the annulment of all exceptional laws, establishing the independence of the judiciary, enabling the judiciary to fully and truly supervise general elections so as to ensure that they authentically express people's will, removing all obstacles that restrict the functioning of civil society organizations, etc."

    Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website
    interesting that you embrace religious theology. We'll certainly see where this takes us...hey...You should GO there!!! Help out! They would LOVE you!!!

  6. #46
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    interesting that you embrace religious theology. We'll certainly see where this takes us...hey...You should GO there!!! Help out! They would LOVE you!!!
    Im "embracing it"? How? By showing what the Muslim Brotherhood stands for?
    And sorry i just dont make up bull**** lies about a group what you did earlier....

    P.S. (waiting on your accusations that im a spoiled kid who's mommy boy whos parents pay for his college any second now)


  7. #47
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    C-... and that's being a little generous. He has had obstructionist people thwarting him, but he has also been weak and ineffective in his own right.

  8. #48
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    B+. He was given the worst **** sandwich any president has been given in a long time. Two wars, an economy that was in total freefall, a world that had been made to hate us, thousands of detainees with nebulous legal status who had been abused... Senate Republicans that fillibustered every single piece of legislation, even stuff that they previously enthusiastically supported. Starting half way through a House of Representatives that did the same and worse yet who threatened to intentionally destroy the economy if they didn't have their demands met... It's been an incredibly tough road for Obama and given all that he has done well. He hasn't pushed aggressively for the liberal goals as much as I would have liked and until recently he seemed to still think he could compromise with the Republicans which always turned out to be a disaster. But other than that naive hope for bi-partisanship I think he has done a very solid job. The two year long collapse of the stock market halted just 6 weeks after he took office and it's up an outstanding 80% since then. We were losing 800,000 jobs a month when he took office and that number immediately began shrinking. Now we've actually added jobs 22 of the last 24 months. He got us out of both wars. Where Bush's approval rating globally was 18%, Obama hit 81%. He totally restored the dignity and influence of the US around the globe which is maybe our most important strategic asset of all. He didn't manage to get the public option in yet, which we are still desperate for, but he did manage to ensure that at the least everybody can get medical care when they need it, so on balance that is still a win. I'd give him a solid B+. And my impression is that he's learned the lessons he needed to learn during his first term, and the economy is recovering, so I predict his second term will be some variant of an A.

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Im "embracing it"? How? By showing what the Muslim Brotherhood stands for?
    And sorry i just dont make up bull**** lies about a group what you did earlier....

    P.S. (waiting on your accusations that im a spoiled kid who's mommy boy whos parents pay for his college any second now)
    I posted their creed...thats not making up lies its stating facts. guess what happens when Sharia gets used by fundamentalists...

    I long ago stated that I am keeping my fingers crossed for what Egypt looks like...just as I am for Iraq...and the 'new' Libya. When we read that 'Islamists' have now won 2 of the 3 elections...well...pardon me if I get a little antsy about the advent of another fundamentalist state in the ME.

    As to your basement status and mommy and daddy...why state the obvious. I WAS serious though...mindless ideologues SHOULD go out into the world. You should go to the ME. You should go to...say... Venezuela...or Cuba...or North Korea...LIVE there...really dig and embrace that Socialism thing.

  10. #50
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    I give him a B because no matter what anyone says, we don't know how our economy would've been had he not been president.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •