View Poll Results: Your Grade for Obama

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • A -- Absolutely Wonderful

    0 0%
  • B -- Good

    14 15.56%
  • C -- Marginal

    32 35.56%
  • D -- Terrible

    29 32.22%
  • F -- The Greatest Traitor in U.S. History

    12 13.33%
  • Other (Specify)

    3 3.33%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 149

Thread: Your Grade for Obama

  1. #91
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Ahh... so you're confused again by what you call a 10 year old post. What part would you like me to rephrase so you can understand it? Analogies are difficult for you to understanding... I know.
    Your entire post is a strawman - I'll explain why:

    Radical moderate spoke of "any of the righties who insist on wielding the "Hussein" part like a cudgel."

    You twisted it into it being Democrats attacking Republicans and then further distorted his actual argument to be about and I quote "kids who have no problem with his last name."

    At no point does Radical Moderate address people who don't use his name to insult yet you, like the feigned outrage agent you are, twisted it to be about something he never even spoke about.

    In essence he said "son of a bitch" and you cried foul at the thought that he could call all women bitches.

    Do you get the point yet Ockham dear?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    I picked "F". Not because I think he is a traitor. But because I think that he is the worst President that we have had in a long time.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #93
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    F, he's managed to be the worst of both worlds for me, fiscally reckless yet somehow finding the time to violate all the civil liberties he promised to uphold. EDIT: (Make it a D, didn't see the traitor bit)
    Last edited by a351; 01-04-12 at 10:08 PM.

  4. #94
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your entire post is a strawman - I'll explain why:

    Radical moderate spoke of "any of the righties who insist on wielding the "Hussein" part like a cudgel."

    You twisted it into it being Democrats attacking Republicans and then further distorted his actual argument to be about and I quote "kids who have no problem with his last name."
    Here's where I can help you. Actually I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    I always find it amusing how Democrats can pummel Republicans with Obama's actual middle name.
    Amusing means I found it funny. Then the reply was in the form of an analogy... and I didn't quite think the analogy that was presented to me by RadicalModerate was 100% accurate. Then I decided to craft an analogy that I thought would be more representative of what I was trying to convey.

    Then YOU decided to jump in and defend the honor of Obama by claiming some logical fallacy... which also is amusing (as in funny) because my analogy was very tongue and cheek (meaning it was also supposed to be funny and not serious). But of course, you decided that you had to interject as if I was having a real and serious conversation with Radical Moderate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    At no point does Radical Moderate address people who don't use his name to insult yet you, like the feigned outrage agent you are, twisted it to be about something he never even spoke about.
    Is it that you don't have a sense of humor or you just thought you might try an push my buttons tonight? Either way... your little accusations are also very amusing. Is this the part where you claim I'm programmed by "Faux News" or maybe Rush Limbaugh... oh no wait wait... ahh... it's all part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    In essence he said "son of a bitch" and you cried foul at the thought that he could call all women bitches.
    Really, I just thought they were female dogs... or aliens. One of the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Do you get the point yet Ockham dear?
    Oh, are you looking for a date? See sweetums, I don't walk on that side of the road but thanks for asking! I'm really flattered... no really. Flattered.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #95
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's the name he used when he was innaugurated. Are you ashamed of his middle name?
    I'll take this as valid when I see someone talk about George Herbert Walker Bush, or Richard Milhous Nixon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #96
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Like Obama i choose not to take a stand. So I will vote present, its the safe thing to do for a weak stuffed suit....Aw hell no, I can't do it. Obama gets a D- Just like the peanut farmer he will go down in history as a one term failure. I am giving him a D- as opposed to an F only because he is the first African American president.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #97
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'll take this as valid when I see someone talk about George Herbert Walker Bush, or Richard Milhous Nixon.
    Milhous is an unusual name (at least, I don't know anyone other than Richard Nixon who had that middle name) and is quite often used when referencing Nixon formally. Other than the character on the Simpsons I've never heard of the name being used.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #98
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    You may be correct, but I really don't recall prior to FDR.
    I kinda find it hard to believe that people called Ronald Wilson Reagan or William (Bill) Jefferson Blythe III or George Herbert Walker Bush or Richard Milhouse Nixon...


  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    More like, I find it amusing that the kid being called "Weiner" gets others to beat up kids who have no problem with his last name.
    Okay, bub. Keep playing dumb. You know perfectly well why people like ronpaulvoter purposefully type out Obama's full name. Almost no other President needs their middle name mentioned, but all of a sudden, people are mixing up their Barack Obamas. Get real.

  10. #100
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Your Grade for Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Okay, bub. Keep playing dumb. You know perfectly well why people like ronpaulvoter purposefully type out Obama's full name. Almost no other President needs their middle name mentioned, but all of a sudden, people are mixing up their Barack Obamas. Get real.
    It certainly could be to use Obama's actual middle name against him, or it could be because it's Obama's actual middle name.... Many Presidents have their middle initial or middle name used both in office and after they're out of office. What's funny is using even Obama's middle initial makes all the Obama-bots immediately go to Defcon 4, hair on end and hissing violently they start bombing everyone and everything around them.

    Is this the part where you call me a racist for not agreeing with you?

    Edit: Oh and the "bub" stuff... weak. Is that supposed to be antagonistic or did you forget my screen name?
    Last edited by Ockham; 01-04-12 at 10:54 PM.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •