View Poll Results: What do you think about smoking in cars?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • It shouldn't be banned at all.

    29 58.00%
  • I'm fine with Arkansas's current smoking law.

    3 6.00%
  • I'd like to see the law applied everywhere.

    15 30.00%
  • I don't know/Other

    3 6.00%
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 370

Thread: Smoking in Cars

  1. #291
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Deaths of children due to car accidents are 100% PREVENTABLE.. OMG!!!!! And they are FORCED INTO CARS!!!! They have no choice!!!!! And a hell f a lot more children die from car accidents than second hand smoke. An absurdly larger number. Like the vast majority of children who die under the age of 18 die form car accidents.

    And these deaths are 100% PREVENTABLE..
    Talk about emotions >>
    This makes little sense>>
    I must say that I favor attempts to save lives, also that the best methods be used.
    Education.
    Having the police stop a vehicle full of children with smoking so-called adults....not so good, but, if there are other offenses...I don't know....easy to say "why not?"
    The rights of the children are of greater value...I do not like the concept of totally equal rights...
    Are the anti-smoking nazis going too far ??

  2. #292
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    How does not putting your kids at risk end the modern way of life?



    When one is 100% effective, then we should rescind the ban.



    So you support holding them hostage in the car and putting their lives at great risk, but you just frown on smoking while doing so.
    Tuck, then offer up an workable alternative to cars being used as transportation.

    Life is a Syndrome, it's woes are made up of a multitude of living problems, diseases, etc. Maybe systematically eliminating the individual problems that make up the Syndrome...it might begin to significantly reduce the risk of death under any circumstance.

    As of today, it is impossible to stop transporting children in cars. But it is 100% possible to stop smoking in cars where children will be passengers.

  3. #293
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't have a problem with people smoking in the car. What I DO have a problem with is when they flick their butts out the window. That's a public litter nuisance. If you want to smoke, man up and use your ashtray, don't throw your trash at me.
    Yeah right, when I see the state corrections prisoners picking up trash on the side of the roads that's what they're filling bags with, cig filters, NOT...lol

    When we get to the point when we're told what to ingest, drink, eat, smoke and how to dress then we've essentially lost all our freedom of expression as individuals. We might as well be North Korea.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #294
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't have a problem with people smoking in the car. What I DO have a problem with is when they flick their butts out the window. That's a public litter nuisance. If you want to smoke, man up and use your ashtray, don't throw your trash at me.
    Here, I'd love to see an additional tax on weeds, say one penny per butt to cover the clean up cost...
    Tired of picking up slobs trash !
    Again - education ..
    In the military, an exhausted cigarette is "field stripped".

  5. #295
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    But it is 100% possible to stop smoking in cars where children will be passengers.
    No it isn't. We can't even make it 100% possible to stop drinking and driving, cell phone use, or other distractions while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Yeah right, when I see the state corrections prisoners picking up trash on the side of the roads that's what they're filling bags with, cig filters, NOT...lol

    When we get to the point when we're told what to ingest, drink, eat, smoke and how to dress then we've essentially lost all our freedom of expression as individuals. We might as well be North Korea.
    Male bovine feces !
    Its the people who are stripping away their own rights thru criminal acts and slovenliness.
    And from what I see we are losing nothing.
    Being a slob is NOT freedom of expression !

  7. #297
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Tuck, then offer up an workable alternative to cars being used as transportation.
    I'm not talking about not using cars as transportation. Where'd you get that idea?

    As of today, it is impossible to stop transporting children in cars.
    Really? Why?

  8. #298
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    No it isn't. We can't even make it 100% possible to stop drinking and driving, cell phone use, or other distractions while driving.
    Lets not shoot for 100% - this is impossible!
    However, inroads have been made, I'm sure there are stats to prove this..
    And I'm sure, that as each generation passes, people become more responsible.
    But its the irresponsible ones who receive all the publicity..

  9. #299
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    I must say that I favor attempts to save lives....
    Thus far, only my proposal of banning the transport of children in cars has any chance of doing that.

  10. #300
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Smoking in Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Male bovine feces !
    Its the people who are stripping away their own rights thru criminal acts and slovenliness.
    And from what I see we are losing nothing.
    Being a slob is NOT freedom of expression !
    Male bovine what bahaha... that's nasty

    Alright make a law to field strip butts. I'd like to start with the Dallas Cheerleaders.

    I smoked in the hospital parking lot where there was no smoking on hospital grounds and never got caught because I kept popping my head up and down. Now do you really want me driving that way also? Might be a little dangerous.

    Slob!? Why I resemble that remark.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •