View Poll Results: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 91.67%
  • No

    7 8.33%
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 510

Thread: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

  1. #441
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is scary is people who think that police officers have God Like power and are more trustworthy or competent with weapons than other civlians

    they aren't. If I go to the local target range and pull ten people off the range at random and pull 10 officers out of the station at random I will bet my last dollar the recreational shooters know more about guns, gun safety and can out shoot the cops
    I agree some police men is not right in the head. But we have to put up some semblance of social control. It can't be the Wild, Wild West, except maybe in Alaska. And law enforcement is the ones we give the badges and guns too. And worse still the tasers, those things hurt like a mutha. Maybe there could be an auxiliary police force made up of citizens? Duder I can't control all that's funky in the land but I don't disagree you have some good points, even the ones on your head...lol
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #442
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I agree some police men is not right in the head. But we have to put up some semblance of social control. It can't be the Wild, Wild West, except maybe in Alaska. And law enforcement is the ones we give the badges and guns too. And worse still the tasers, those things hurt like a mutha. Maybe there could be an auxiliary police force made up of citizens? Duder I can't control all that's funky in the land but I don't disagree you have some good points, even the ones on your head...lol
    the problem with your argument is you think that a select fire M4 is so much different in "dangerousness" than the stuff most people can readily buy in the sane states.

    you have not provided a rational argument for the current bans

  3. #443
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the problem with your argument is you think that a select fire M4 is so much different in "dangerousness" than the stuff most people can readily buy in the sane states.

    you have not provided a rational argument for the current bans
    I never said I agree with all the gun laws. Like LMR said there could be some certifications, psych evals and restrictions on felons but if you're willing and able, there could be auto's for people. You seem to be promoting everything for anyone all the time and I think that would be utter chaos. The cops would be losing wars with criminals all day, especially since they can't shoot straight.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #444
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Now that's an intelligent response. The last two lines would be acceptable too me and I hereby with all my powers invested in me by umpa lumpa declare it so. Sorry dudes you're still gonna have to convince a bunch of bureaucratic, lilly loving peaceniks and do gooders. Fortunately I have my protection below ..

    Attachment 67120824
    I'm not gonna lie. You made me LOL with that.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #445
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I never said I agree with all the gun laws. Like LMR said there could be some certifications, psych evals and restrictions on felons but if you're willing and able, there could be auto's for people. You seem to be promoting everything for anyone all the time and I think that would be utter chaos. The cops would be losing wars with criminals all day, especially since they can't shoot straight.
    I won't speak for TD, but he's backed the more due process compliant laws in the past such as felons disbarred and the clinically insane in the past. He's pretty reasonable when there is logic to a proposal.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #446
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. You made me LOL with that.
    Don't under estimate Batdog he's registered in the lower 48 states with a license to kill.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #447
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I won't speak for TD, but he's backed the more due process compliant laws in the past such as felons disbarred and the clinically insane in the past. He's pretty reasonable when there is logic to a proposal.
    I don't like handguns because they're so damned easy to hurt yourself or others with, see today's article Navy SEAL accidentally shoots self. War is literally hell on earth and it's disgusting to see human flesh ripped apart by armament. But I understand that's not all they're used for and we have the right to equal protection.

    It doesn't mean I don't own one or would stop anyone else from having one. But even with my attitude of regulating somewhat and TD's fervent desire for disbanning we almost came to an agreement on new Laws, which shows that sensible legislators should be able to do the same. We just have self interested wing nuts for government anymore. And I don't believe the 2nd was meant to give the government the kind of absolute control over firearms they currently have. So we agree more than you think.
    Last edited by grip; 01-07-12 at 11:02 AM.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #448
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I don't like handguns because they're so damned easy to hurt yourself or others with, see today's article Navy SEAL accidentally shoots self. War is literally hell on earth and it's disgusting to see human flesh ripped apart by armament. But I understand that's not all they're used for and we have the right to equal protection.

    It doesn't mean I don't own one or would stop anyone else from having one. But even with my attitude of regulating somewhat and TD's fervent desire for disbanning we almost came to an agreement on new Laws, which shows that sensible legislators should be able to do the same. We just have self interested wing nuts for government anymore. And I don't believe the 2nd was meant to give the government the kind of absolute control over firearms they currently have. So we agree more than you think.
    Handguns are certainly something you have to invest time and research into before buying. The gun most people I know want is the Glock, it's a good gun but I do not like the internal safety mechanism, if you bump it at the wrong angle you end up priming the firing pin, not a comfortable thought. Some other guns have an unreliable safety, etc. However I would say there are shotguns that have that problem as well, we lost a well respected gunsmith here due to one notorious for misfiring(I can't remember the model and why he didn't clear it I'll never know). I think we probably all do agree in the middle somewhere though.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #449
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Handguns are certainly something you have to invest time and research into before buying. The gun most people I know want is the Glock, it's a good gun but I do not like the internal safety mechanism, if you bump it at the wrong angle you end up priming the firing pin, not a comfortable thought. Some other guns have an unreliable safety, etc. However I would say there are shotguns that have that problem as well, we lost a well respected gunsmith here due to one notorious for misfiring(I can't remember the model and why he didn't clear it I'll never know). I think we probably all do agree in the middle somewhere though.
    Funny you should say that because I like the Glock 19. I've owned the ever reliable wheel gun S&W .38 Special snub and a lovely .380 Bersa Thunder. I ask my gun friend what's the purpose of higher power caliber and what's effective and he explained things like static shock, amount of damage and blood loss (trauma force). Placement and accuracy of course are preferable but he told me in real world situations targets are moving, behind cover, at distances and often in low light. He said most popular calibers are above .32 because of these reasons and showed me a demonstration of an 8lb roast being shot by different calibers. Everything above .22 put nice holes in the meat but when it was hit by the .357mag it was split in two, then when the .44mag hit the thing jumped off the table and was shredded beef. He's fired a .454 Casull, .50 Desert Eagle, 500 S&W Magnum and Colt 45-70 Peacemaker. These things feel like 8lb shotputs in your hand and are hard to hold level without shaking. He told me recoil, weight and concealment are reasons the big guns aren't as practical. Then he went into barrel length, accuracy and all kind of other variables. I ask why did cops switch from the .9mm's to the .40cal and he said for stopping power. He said even though a .9mm w/ 5-6" barrels and hotloads of +P+ to +P rounds can drop a drug maniac it takes a shorter barrel and lighter piece in the .40 S&W to equal. He said now the .357 Sig is getting some attention and I always get an education from him. He told me his Browning Hi Power was Belgium made pre some year, not the Hungarian FEG.

    Anyway, I can see the danger in mishandling dangerous weapons and all activities come with inherent risks. There's too much political correctness involved in law making now days and less common sense.
    Last edited by grip; 01-07-12 at 03:19 PM.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #450
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-12 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    13

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Yes. If you were not, you're against one of the most fundamental civil liberties the founding fathers established for the citizens of the U.S.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •