View Poll Results: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 91.67%
  • No

    7 8.33%
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 510

Thread: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

  1. #271
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    When someone like Jared Lee Loughner who is obviously severely mentally ill slips through the system, purchases a glock 9mm and kills 6 people, injuring 13 others and you don't want anyone interpreting who's qualified to have handguns? That would make you a certified noodle.
    Thank you. I thought I was only one who understood the danger of having straight up violent psychos having guns for second.

  2. #272
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Thank you. I thought I was only one who understood the danger of having straight up violent psychos having guns for second.
    No way. Their argument was too absolutist and didn't make sense.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #273
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Technically that isn't an infringement, every single right has a limit but those limits must have a definitive argument. A mortar round isn't a .22 which isn't a nuke which isn't a cruise missle.....etc. etc.
    But the Second Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

    Does that mean you don't support the Second Amendment?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #274
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    This is precious, more yet that you call yourself conservative at all.
    It really sucks when you don't actually read the thread, it makes you say idiotic things like the above.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #275
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    But the Second Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

    Does that mean you don't support the Second Amendment?
    What are you getting at? The main check on rights is that of infringing the rights of others, owning firearms of differing fire rates doesn't harm anyone. The mere presence of poorly stored ordnance can take out a city block easily, blowing up the neighboorhood or the chance of the ordnance doing so is not on the same minor level of threat as small arms such as full autos, shotguns, handguns......etc.

    In other words, my owning a machine gun doesn't endanger you or your family but my owning explosives would.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #276
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    When someone like Jared Lee Loughner who is obviously severely mentally ill slips through the system, purchases a glock 9mm and kills 6 people, injuring 13 others and you don't want anyone interpreting who's qualified to have handguns? That would make you a certified noodle.
    Bad example. The authorities who were supposed to keep him from doing harm, such as the sheriffs office dropped the ball. So basically that's yet another reason to drop "appeal to authority". The guns he had would not have been sold to him if it was reported to the feds that the kid was unstable, he already had a past conducive to barring firearms possession yet he "slipped through the cracks" due to the people that gun grabbers would empower to choose how I may exercise my rights, no thank you.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #277
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I highly suggest (and practice) that the FIRST round in a home defense firearm should be non-lethal (only rarely causing death) such as rubber bullets.
    Sounds to me like, back when Joycelyn Elders spoke of “safer guns” and “safer bullets”, you were among the gullible few who assumed that she actually had some bare hint of a clue what she was talking about.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #278
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    When someone like Jared Lee Loughner who is obviously severely mentally ill slips through the system, purchases a glock 9mm and kills 6 people, injuring 13 others and you don't want anyone interpreting who's qualified to have handguns? That would make you a certified noodle.
    Yeah, it a well known fact that nut cases that plan the capital murder of a federal judge and intend to commit the capital murder of a US Congresswoman and other individuals will actually be prevented from buying a handgun by a law that would prvent him from obtaining one legally. After all, making crack and heroin illegally has now prevented anyone who does not have a valid prescription or pharmaceutical or Medical license from obtaining such narcotics.

  9. #279
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Sounds to me like, back when Joycelyn Elders spoke of “safer guns” and “safer bullets”, you were among the gullible few who assumed that she actually had some bare hint of a clue what she was talking about.
    anyone who has had any training in this area (as you and I have) know that it is suicide to engage someone who is in the act of deploying lethal force with NON lethal force/ True, if all you have available is a tazer, a can of mace or a rubber bullet, that is better than nothing but its moronic to limit your defensive options to such things. Non Lethal force was designed for LEOs in situations where they were dealing with beligerent, intoxicated or large numbers of disruptive indviduals, not people trying to kill them with effective weaponry.

  10. #280
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,343

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    anyone who has had any training in this area (as you and I have) know that it is suicide to engage someone who is in the act of deploying lethal force with NON lethal force/ True, if all you have available is a tazer, a can of mace or a rubber bullet, that is better than nothing but its moronic to limit your defensive options to such things. Non Lethal force was designed for LEOs in situations where they were dealing with beligerent, intoxicated or large numbers of disruptive indviduals, not people trying to kill them with effective weaponry.
    First round being a rubber bullet may be the silliest suggestion on this thread. If that was my first round, I would rely on a double tap. The only chance you would have with a rubber bullet would be the criminal laughing himself to death.

    Personally, I would rather have a box of rocks than my first round being non lethal.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •