View Poll Results: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 91.67%
  • No

    7 8.33%
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 510

Thread: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am waiting for you to proffer a justification for the collective interpretation-an interpretation that has now been abandoned by its most ardent proponents
    How about this? I'll support my arguments when you post the quotes of mine where I detailed my "agenda" and when I said I don't support "honest people owning guns" to prove your argument.

  2. #262
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I was under the impression that diagnoses were made by mental health professionals, laws were made by lawmakers and those laws were interpreted by judges. Am I wrong? Who else do you suggest should determine whether or not a paranoid schizophrenic with frequent delusions and threats to kill people should not have access to a weapon?
    You are willing to ignore the intent of the second with an appeal to authority. Sorry to break this to you but the second amendment is a prohibition on that type of behavior. You have no valid arguments justifying trumping the second based on the fact that you would give elected officials and justices blanket power over it. You do realize that is improper yes?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You are willing to ignore the intent of the second with an appeal to authority. Sorry to break this to you but the second amendment is a prohibition on that type of behavior. You have no valid arguments justifying trumping the second based on the fact that you would give elected officials and justices blanket power over it. You do realize that is improper yes?
    Uh...this comment doesn't even make sense.

  4. #264
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Well you start talking about me and not 100 other people that aren't me, your arguments about me will be more compelling.
    You've been told by more than one knowledgable poster that your arguments are recycled word for word and what they mean, and you still defend them. Can you not see we've got you pegged?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #265
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,363

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You are willing to ignore the intent of the second with an appeal to authority. Sorry to break this to you but the second amendment is a prohibition on that type of behavior. You have no valid arguments justifying trumping the second based on the fact that you would give elected officials and justices blanket power over it. You do realize that is improper yes?
    You might also add that these so called mental health professionals would have veto rights, even though they have absolutely no legal authority

  6. #266
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Uh...this comment doesn't even make sense.
    Then read it again.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #267
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    You might also add that these so called mental health professionals would have veto rights, even though they have absolutely no legal authority
    I'm trying to lead people to the answer gradually rather than just answer outright. But that is exactly a problem for sure.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You've been told by more than one knowledgable poster that your arguments are recycled word for word and what they mean, and you still defend them. Can you not see we've got you pegged?
    Appeal to popularity.

  9. #269
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,808

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Appeal to popularity.
    actually he was referencing obvious truth

    and "appeal to popularity" is the best description i have seen explaining the lefties who squeal about how great tax hikes on the rich are

  10. #270
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You are willing to ignore the intent of the second with an appeal to authority. Sorry to break this to you but the second amendment is a prohibition on that type of behavior. You have no valid arguments justifying trumping the second based on the fact that you would give elected officials and justices blanket power over it. You do realize that is improper yes?
    When someone like Jared Lee Loughner who is obviously severely mentally ill slips through the system, purchases a glock 9mm and kills 6 people, injuring 13 others and you don't want anyone interpreting who's qualified to have handguns? That would make you a certified noodle.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •