View Poll Results: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 91.67%
  • No

    7 8.33%
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 510

Thread: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

  1. #191
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    I believe strongly in the right to own a gun and if I had one it would be for social unrest not home defense. As long as I'm physically able to use a putter against someones kneecap that will have to suffice. My worst nightmare is to unload a clip into a family member or teenage kid making a stupid decision. How many times have you hopped out of bed because something went "crick!" in the night and held a bat, club etc? Or did you have a handful of .44 magnum Desert Eagle ready to turn someone into meatloaf?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #192
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Is the same true of missiles, bombs, and RPGs?

    all are arms.
    It can be proven that they cause unintended collateral damage when used properly. BTW, some of those things are legal with a proper ordnance license.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #193
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'll answer your questions when you show that you can comprehend my words by stopping your use of "anti-gun". I'm not going to bother giving authentic answers just to hear, "but you don't really believe that, liar" which is what you're saying by calling me "anti-gun".
    I'll stop using it when you stop trying to creatively interpret the right to act like you are pro-gun. So answer the question since you are the one saying you are capable of determining who may exercise this right you say you support. You put out the conditions so YOU back it up if you can.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'll stop using it when you stop trying to creatively interpret the right to act like you are pro-gun. So answer the question since you are the one saying you are capable of determining who may exercise this right you say you support. You put out the conditions so YOU back it up if you can.
    See, the problem is that I have no interest in answering your questions or in impressing you so it's not a matter of asking you for politeness sake. It's a matter of discerning your willingness to have a discussion. You're the one asking me the questions. I haven't asked you for a single one of your opinion. Now, I gave you a chance to show that you were willing to have a discussion. You appear to not be willing. That's all I have to say then.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 01-03-12 at 02:47 PM.

  5. #195
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    See, the problem is that I have no interest in answering your questions or in impressing you. You're the one asking me the questions. I haven't asked you for a single one of your opinion. Now, I gave you a chance to show that you were capable of comprehending the answers I've already given, but you refused to do so. Consequently, I no longer feel it worth my time to provide authentic, thoughtful answers that you will undoubtedly call lies.
    And I have no interest in the blanket opinions of someone who claims to be pro-second but throws out the same restrictive attitude of the Brady Campaign. You don't even know which side you are on, and you haven't demonstrated a working knowledge of the subject. I've given you ample opportunity to provide some evidence you know something about the subject and you dodge. Meaning you pretty much have nothing, noted.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,355

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    And law abiding citizens with mental problems or other traits that ensure they have no business owning guns.
    And who would those otherwise law abiding citizens be?

    A 70 + year old citizen who has owned and handled guns without incident since he was 10 without incident, who now believes in extremely limited government, owns several guns for the sole purpose of self defense, including some that look like military weapons, and who disagrees with most liberal policies?

    A person or group of persons who, because of their religion, believe that their god wants them to kill anyone who disagrees with them, including their own daughters in some cases, and uses as a reference guide a book that includes over 60 references to killing of infidels? but otherwise is a law abiding citizen.

    A group of politically highly placed individuals, numbering less than 50, that are so wrapped up in the removal of weapons from the US that they would order legal gun dealers to look the other way and sell guns illegally in order to claim that most of the guns in a foreign country originated in the US? Resulting in the deaths of over 200 persons. But other than that, were law abiding citizens.

    The problem with your logic, and by no means an original thought on my part in these threads, is that it is you who wants to decide who is mentally capable of owning and handling a weapon before the fact. Frankly, if you come up with a 100% effective method for weeding out these before the fact incompetents, without infringing on my rights, then I would be in favor.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    I have no problem with people who have clinical/official mental problems not having guns. If you're certifiably insane, you don't get to have a gun, because you might mistake the man over there for this guy:

    Are pro-2nd Amendment?-3398697997_40a177c6f1-jpg

  8. #198
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I have no problem with people who have clinical/official mental problems not having guns. If you're certifiably insane, you don't get to have a gun, because you might mistake the man over there for this guy:

    Are pro-2nd Amendment?-3398697997_40a177c6f1-jpg
    Certification is the key problem. Many of the people who throw out mental deficiency and criminal intent paint with such a broad brush that anyone who would show any mild spectrum problem would be disqualified, if you look deeply enough that could be applied to anyone.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #199
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,047

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Even if control freaks were able to remove all fire arms from the US there still would be firearms not only in a black market, but there are thousands of gun smiths capable of building a firearm from scratch. And the prohibition of alcohol and the current prohibition of drugs should be proof enough that prohibitions do not work as intended. Plus the fact the the right to bear arms is American culture if that right is removed you might as well just say hey we are starting civil war by trying to take away your right to bear arms. And I have no doubt that Americans would over react to such action.

  10. #200
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You may restrict any right with a very strict test. Necessary and proper, necessary means you must prove beyond a doubt that there is either "imminent danger", "clear and present danger", or other very strict, provable, and immediate threats in order to restrict a right. In other words owning a fully automatic doesn't hurt anyone, using it is a danger, but you would have to prove that people are using them illegitimately in large numbers to properly restrict the right. Proper must have proof and necessity.
    So you don't think we have any issues? That the higher the normal gun death rate in the US is abnormal or proof that our lax gun controls are not working? I'm definately not for any sort of gun ban, I honestly don't care if responsible people have weapons and in a rural area I wouldn't live without one. At the same time, obviously we have an issue with a huge amount of guns that get out into the wrong hands very easily. I'm guessing it's very easy to get a gun...like go to a gun show and buy one bypassing any laws.

    There's a major difference between requiring something and not enforcing it.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •