View Poll Results: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 91.67%
  • No

    7 8.33%
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 510

Thread: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

  1. #131
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm not anti-gun. Fail.
    Nah, and Ted Kennedy claimed he supported the second amendment

    his interpretation of course allowed a complete ban on all privately owned guns

  2. #132
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    yes but no. I don't think that military grade weapons should be allowed to be bought. I don't think college students should be allowed to buy guns. I think that there should be further screening before purchase. There are too many murders daily to allow weapons such as Uzis and Ak's to be bought and sold (legally or illegally). At the same time, if you like to hunt I see no problem with buying a rifle.
    And how many people are actually killed with Uzis and AKs as compared to, say, 9mm Glocks?
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Nah, and Ted Kennedy claimed he supported the second amendment

    his interpretation of course allowed a complete ban on all privately owned guns
    Why are you talking about Ted Kennedy?

  4. #134
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    And how many people are actually killed with Uzis and AKs as compared to, say, 9mm Glocks?
    when the idiotic assault weapon ban was being discussed, the chief of police of some new jersey town (Trenton IIRC) noted that his officers were more likely to be mauled by an escaped circus tiger or lion than shot at with an "assault weapon"

  5. #135
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Why are you talking about Ted Kennedy?
    because he claimed he supported the second amendment and "gun rights"

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    stevens' dissent was widely lampooned as idiotic because he based it on lower court decisions that were in turn based on improper distortions of the Cruikshank decision of the 1870s. how about finding any support for the idiotic collective right nonsense (that has been destroyed by constitutionals on the Right-Volokh, the middle-Van Alstyne and Hallbrook, and the left-Levinson and Amar) that was around at the time the bill of rights was authored.
    find one document, letter or reference to a founder saying what you claim the second amendment says
    If by "widely lampooned", you mean, "people who agree with TD's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment criticized it while it was widely praised by those who didn't", then yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, that's not an actual argument. That's just saying, "I'm right and your stupid!" Sorry, I'm not interested.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    because he claimed he supported the second amendment and "gun rights"
    And what does that have to do with my response?

  8. #138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    If by "widely lampooned", you mean, "people who agree with TD's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment criticized it while it was widely praised by those who didn't", then yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, that's not an actual argument. That's just saying, "I'm right and your stupid!" Sorry, I'm not interested.
    nope-liberal moderate and conservative legal scholars.

    stephens isn't exactly a high wattage justice and his dissent was based on a house of cards

  9. #139
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Why are you talking about Ted Kennedy?
    Because his car was more dangerous to human life than most people's guns?

  10. #140
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Why are you talking about Ted Kennedy?
    because he claimed he supported the second amendment and "gun rights"
    The same way Thunder does.

    Thunder would probably take it as a compliment to be likened to Ted Kennedy. Were I to make such a comparison, I would certainly mean it as something very much other than a compliment.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •