View Poll Results: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 91.67%
  • No

    7 8.33%
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 510

Thread: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

  1. #121
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its harder for commanders to use volunteers as cannon fodder. I oppose the draft without exception. If we are invaded we won't have any problems getting enough volunteers. its crap like vietnam where the leadership of the war effort should have been tried for gross incompetence that shows what a bad idea the draft is
    Agreed, 100%

    Now, about that militia, is that the same as a draft, or is it a sort of citizen's army? As you said, it would have no problems mobilizing it if we were invaded, but to start a fight like we did in Vietnam and in Iraq might engender just a little opposition.

    In fact, I can remember some opposition to the war in Vietnam.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #122
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Please quote where I've said anything whatsoever about any gun laws. Go ahead.
    I'm not accusing you of supporting those immoral and unconstitutional laws, merely of using the same arguments to justify them that their supporters do.

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Simple yes or no answer.
    If by second amendment, you mean the right to bear arms in conjunction with service in the militia, then yes, I support it. However, if by second amendment you mean the right to bear arms as an individual right (which I believe is a misinterpretation of the amendment), then no, I don't.

    I think the former should be a right and the latter should be allowed since the ability to defend oneself is essential, but it should not be a right anymore than being able to punch someone in the face out of self defense should be a right.

  4. #124
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    If by second amendment, you mean the right to bear arms in conjunction with service in the militia, then yes, I support it. However, if by second amendment you mean the right to bear arms as an individual right (which I believe is a misinterpretation of the amendment), then no, I don't.

    I think the former should be a right and the latter should be allowed since the ability to defend oneself is essential, but it should not be a right anymore than being able to punch someone in the face out of self defense should be a right.
    that's really funny. what sort of evidence do you derive your rather statist interpretation from? and explain how the 9th and Tenth amendments figure into this issue.

    yeah its an individual right because the right was never limited by a delegation of power to the federal government

    constitutional law 101

  5. #125
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's really funny. what sort of evidence do you derive your rather statist interpretation from? and explain how the 9th and Tenth amendments figure into this issue.

    yeah its an individual right because the right was never limited by a delegation of power to the federal government

    constitutional law 101
    It's like the anti-gun lobby doesn't understand what a subordinate clause is.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's like the anti-gun lobby doesn't understand what a subordinate clause is.
    I disagree. if you gave Dennis Hennigan or Josh Sugarmann or some of those other scumbags a shot of scopolamine they would admit that the second amendment recognizes an individual right and that the commerce clause is a bogus vehicle to allow federal gun laws.

    the anti gun scum realize that the constitution prevents their unwholesome plots so they pretend that the constitution says something it doesnt

  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Gun haters tend to be cowards too-the one no vote is anonymous

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's really funny. what sort of evidence do you derive your rather statist interpretation from? and explain how the 9th and Tenth amendments figure into this issue.

    yeah its an individual right because the right was never limited by a delegation of power to the federal government

    constitutional law 101
    Why do you find perfectly reasonable disagreements with your positions funny? I already see where this is going so I'll just let John Paul Stevens make my argument so I don't have to waste my time.

    Had the Framers wished to expand the meaning of the phrase “bear arms” to encompass civilian possession and use, they could have done so by the addition of phrases such as “for the defense of themselves,” as was done in the Pennsylvania and Vermont Declarations of Rights. The unmodified use of “bear arms,” by contrast, refers most naturally to a military purpose, as evidenced by its use in literally dozens of contemporary texts.9 The absence of any reference to civilian uses of weapons tailors the text of the Amendment to the purpose identified in its preamble.
    The full dissent in District of Columbia v. Heller

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's like the anti-gun lobby doesn't understand what a subordinate clause is.
    I'm not anti-gun. Fail.

  10. #130
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Are pro-2nd Amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Why do you find perfectly reasonable disagreements with your positions funny? I already see where this is going so I'll just let John Paul Stevens make my argument so I don't have to waste my time.



    The full dissent in District of Columbia v. Heller
    stevens' dissent was widely lampooned as idiotic because he based it on lower court decisions that were in turn based on improper distortions of the Cruikshank decision of the 1870s. how about finding any support for the idiotic collective right nonsense (that has been destroyed by constitutionals on the Right-Volokh, the middle-Van Alstyne and Hallbrook, and the left-Levinson and Amar) that was around at the time the bill of rights was authored.
    find one document, letter or reference to a founder saying what you claim the second amendment says

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •