View Poll Results: Where will the Market Go in 2012?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bull!

    3 21.43%
  • Bear

    8 57.14%
  • Flatline...

    3 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

  1. #11
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I think most of the bad has been shaken out, looking towards a low-moderate bull.
    I don't see it happening yet. I think there is still plenty of bad left. What would probably help more than anything is the Eurozone decentralizing currency and the U.S. consolidating in the stronger economies in the region after that.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #12
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You have no idea how badly I hope you are wrong. However if things continue hyperinflation is almost certain.
    Anarchist are praying for it i believe



  3. #13
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonxe View Post
    Anarchist are praying for it i believe
    Oh jeez! If our currency hit hyperinflation it would definitely send shockwaves throughout the U.S. it would be an anarchists dream.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #14
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    I think it will all depend on how the Euro and Japan go. Overseas financial uncertainty and/or outcome will dictate our markets in 2012. I think US (and global) markets need to continue to adjust values (lower) as I believe markets are over valued.

  5. #15
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I think it will all depend on how the Euro and Japan go. Overseas financial uncertainty and/or outcome will dictate our markets in 2012. I think US (and global) markets need to continue to adjust values (lower) as I believe markets are over valued.
    Whether our governments act globally or not I think we will see an adjusted lower value, we've been in a huge market reset since '06, the problem is the politicians in all of the major markets are refusing to accept that we are trending down to where the values are. Fighting the reset with inflation and stimulus programs are only prolonging the inevitable.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #16
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    It's hard to really say as some markets will be bullish but overall it will be bear simply because of what is going on in China and Europe. Our actual recovery economically has been slowed down in large part due to those two regions. Not only that what the government will do with taxes and how they spend those tax dollars now more than usual will have a great impact on the market. I really do not see the market being bullish until 2016 at the earliest and the Federal Reserve has cited evidence that we likely won't see a full recovery economically until 2017.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  7. #17
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,298

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    It's hard to really say as some markets will be bullish but overall it will be bear simply because of what is going on in China and Europe. Our actual recovery economically has been slowed down in large part due to those two regions. Not only that what the government will do with taxes and how they spend those tax dollars now more than usual will have a great impact on the market. I really do not see the market being bullish until 2016 at the earliest and the Federal Reserve has cited evidence that we likely won't see a full recovery economically until 2017.
    I do not see where the gov't has done anything to create, stimulate, initiate, new jobs, industries or challenges. The paper shuffle of money to protect big institutions has worked to the detriment of the Nation and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. Money needs to be "put to work" to save this Nation. I don't see that happening. It's like the fiat money system is a "sticky trap."

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    DJ is up 5% in 2011. I expect this to continue, even with a small & short war with Iran.

    The Great Recession is over, and the chances of a double-dip are almost nill.

  9. #19
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    $6.3tn wiped off markets in 2011 and Euro ends year as the worst performing major currency. Bearish for sure.

  10. #20
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: 2012: Bear, Bull, or Flat?

    I expect the ‘market’ to move up about 3.5 %, but no bull market. The market now moves several % with good or bad news, so I projecting a smoothed average. We bought a 2nd home, 1400 sq ft, in the Phoenix area 22 months ago; its Zillow value has gone up slightly and the number of vacancies in our neighborhood is way down. Many companies are sitting on a lot of cash. The poor and unemployable are going to continue to be in trouble, but they are not going to hurt the market that much since companies and other things are dialed back a lot and can grow without them participating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •