View Poll Results: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offense?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,but only if they can not find licensed driver to drive the vehicle home.

    21 40.38%
  • Yes,regardless if they can find a licensed driver to drive the vehicle home.

    15 28.85%
  • They should never tow a unlicensed driver's vehicle.

    10 19.23%
  • other

    6 11.54%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 204

Thread: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offense?

  1. #181
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This is just silly. But I guess it started with defining towing the unlicensed driver's car as punishment. That's an unintended consequence of towing the car, isn't it? Inconvenience in the face of arrest. Too bad. And let me understand. In your world, an unlicensed driver should get a ticket for driving without a license and then be allowed to drive merrily away. After all, by your logic, he hasn't been found guilty yet. ??
    I have never claimed that, in fact my assumption was that the driver, when found suspected of driving without a license, be arrested and brought to the station for booking / processing. Furthermore I agree that towing is not meant to be punitive, i.e. the states only interest is the quickest way to remove the hazard / blockage to the roadway, thus it would be in the states interest to allow any legal situation that expedites this process, say like a legal passenger removing the car relatively immediately.

  2. #182
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Le sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Wow fantasy is fun isnt it? if they have no licenses VERIFIED BY THE COMPUTER SYSTEM they are guilty and in some freak low percentage case they are not guilty they get thier car back LMAO
    I get it they are guilty until proven innocent.... point taken. That is the exact situation you just described with this statement. It is the antithesis of due process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this is called reality, do you not arrest a person and take away their gun that looks like they are robbing a bank until AFTER the trail????? of course not or in this case do you not feel arresting them and taking their gun is SINGULAR PUNISHMENT because that wouldnt match your broken wrong logic??? Im sure youll have some excuse why THAT case is "DIFFERENT" LOL
    Look it's just a bad analogy you keep trying to employ its not apples to apples and although I have tried ad nauseum to show you the difference you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    dont play stupid semantics and fantasy word games because it doesnt fool anybody who is logical and lives in reality LMAO
    was that a cut and paste from my previous post? your welcome for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Towing their car is COMMON SENSE if the officer feel s its needed, nice try but you logic fails big time, with each post you prove how broken your logic is more and more and its hilarious. In reality not MINE, just reality, common sense is practiced lol

    tell me that cool part about proving YOU right again?????
    I don't need to you're doing the job for me.

  3. #183
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    really?
    THEN DON'T BREAK THE LAW! lMAO

    if you didn't break the law and by some low percentage they are innocent then those fees are not be your responsibility.
    Once again this is your model...
    Presume guilt and apply punishment. If found innocent make restitution.

    Quick question does the police officer or the court system determine guilt of a crime?

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Le sigh...

    I get it they are guilty until proven innocent.... point taken. That is the exact situation you just described with this statement. It is the antithesis of due process.

    Look it's just a bad analogy you keep trying to employ its not apples to apples and although I have tried ad nauseum to show you the difference you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept.

    was that a cut and paste from my previous post? your welcome for the help.

    I don't need to you're doing the job for me.
    translation: you cant argue against me or back up your points so you'll just continue to ignore facts and reality, got it LMAO

    let me know when you have something that is reality based and not fantasy land
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-02-12 at 02:45 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Once again this is your model...
    Presume guilt and apply punishment. If found innocent make restitution.

    Quick question does the police officer or the court system determine guilt of a crime?
    WRONG again lol
    this is not MY model, this is reality, i dont know where you live at but this is reality, nice try but no matter how much you cry you wont be right.

    If a cop pulls you over for wreckless driving he gets to take your car for awhile
    if a cop sees you beating a person up, you go to jail
    if a cop see you raping a women, you go to jail for a while
    if a cop sees you with a concealed weapon and you cant explain, you go to jail AND your gun gets taken for while

    this REALITY and has nothing to do with "ME" no matter how many times you lie and say it does LOL

    again I repeat please let me know when you have something based in reality and save the dramatics and lies for somebody that will buy it lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #186
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    translation: i cant argue against you or back up my points so ill just continue to ignore facts and reality, got it LMO

    let me know when you have something that is reality based and not fantasy land
    No it's more like I have already addressed this issue too many time to count. go back and re-read the relevant responses, or don't, it's up to you.

    You're making yourself look silly. First you argue for mandatory towing, then claim it shouldn't be. Then you claim the towing isn't punitive in nature then you define it as a punishment. During which this whole time you are claiming that this doesn't violate due process, while making a case for "Wow fantasy is fun isnt it? if they have no licenses VERIFIED BY THE COMPUTER SYSTEM they are guilty and in some freak low percentage case they are not guilty they get thier car back LMAO" which is the very definition of a due process violation.

    Trying to have a conversation with you is like clapping with one hand.

  7. #187
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If the owner does not have a valid drivers license, the car is not insured. Is it OK for a licensed driver to drive an uninsured car on the street? In most if not all states it is not.
    You've posted this twice. I wish I knew where you live because; here the car is insured. The owner does not have to have a license to insure the vehicle.

    Disclaimer: I know Yahoo answers is not always correct:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1192943AAlywNT
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 01-02-12 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add link
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  8. #188
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    No it's more like I have already addressed this issue too many time to count. go back and re-read the relevant responses, or don't, it's up to you.

    You're making yourself look silly. First you argue for mandatory towing, then claim it shouldn't be. Then you claim the towing isn't punitive in nature then you define it as a punishment. During which this whole time you are claiming that this doesn't violate due process, while making a case for "Wow fantasy is fun isnt it? if they have no licenses VERIFIED BY THE COMPUTER SYSTEM they are guilty and in some freak low percentage case they are not guilty they get thier car back LMAO" which is the very definition of a due process violation.

    Trying to have a conversation with you is like clapping with one hand.
    never argued mandatory towing across the board one single time that is lie
    and it is not a violation of due process that is another lie
    I dont think its punishment either nor did i ever directly say so I was quoting what another person said and told them in the conversation if they think it is punishment its not collective its singular LMAO not that I myself think it is punishment this is yet another lie by you

    talk about making yourself look silly you do it more and more with every post, how could you just post lies like you do???? LOL do you think all these post disappear??
    its very humorous how you take bits and pieces of conversations instead of the whole conversation and what it means in REALITY

    but please keep it up this is hilarious watching you struggle and twist things, does this usually work for you? do you usually encounter people that have no idea what reality is?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-02-12 at 03:11 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #189
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    ...
    and it is not a violation of due process that is another lie
    ...
    Here, this should clear up any remaining issues requiring mandatory towing under any circumstance:

    '...
    U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow ruled Nov. 16 that the ordinance, which requires police to impound the car of any driver without a valid driver's license or insurance, violates the 4th Amendment's protection against unreasonable seizure of property because it does not allow police to consider whether towing the car is necessary to maintain public safety. "As a consequence, the seizure ordinance is unconstitutional," she wrote.
    ...'

    It appears that a federal district judge would disagree with you.

  10. #190
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,971

    Re: Should unlicensed drivers have their vehicles towed when pulled over for an offen

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    This eternal nitpicking is getting beyond silly. You are stopped while driving a car, and have no licence to do so. You have been caught in the act. It's hard to imagine a scenario where anyone could be more evidently guilty. QED. The police are empowered to give fixed penalties for motoring offences such as this. One such "penalty" is having your car towed to prevent further offences from being committed. Apart from the poor likelihood that a licensed passenger is also insured to drive your car, allowing them to do so open up the possibility that you will switch places with them once the cops have left the scene. Towing ensures that the car and driver are both legal before they are reunited.
    Most insurance policies allow for a temporary driver of a car any time.

    Plus, some cars are owned by more than one person, and that other person has every right to legally drive that car. It is quite possible that a person just doesn't realize that their license is expired or that perhaps someone has stolen their identity or maybe they are military and a police officer doesn't know that their state allows a military person to drive on an expired license (for at least a short time) as long as they have either their military ID or a card from the military about it (or perhaps the person forgot their military ID or their card but do have an expired license).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •