View Poll Results: Is Obama incompetent or lying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Incompetent. He can't do math, or he is just relying on the CNBC report.

    1 7.69%
  • Intentional. Obama is lying and hoping no one notices he is off by $834.

    5 38.46%
  • No, my math is wrong and you are going to prove it.

    7 53.85%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: President can't do math. Intentional?

  1. #31
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, you are both working from a false assumption. Obama does not mention the time period for which he is figuring the tax cut. He is using the figure which he has been using all along to describe it, which is about 1000 a year, which some one making 50k a year will in fact save. Since Obama mentioned families, that is a roughly correct figure.
    It is NOT $1,000 a year for the average family any more than the Making Work Pay one time credit of $800 was $292,000 a year. The average family does not make $50,000 every two months. If he wanted to be able to announce that it would save the average American family $1,000 a year, he should have passed the Boehner extension that lasted a year.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  2. #32
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    It is NOT $1,000 a year for the average family any more than the Making Work Pay one time credit of $800 was $292,000 a year. The average family does not make $50,000 every two months. If he wanted to be able to announce that it would save the average American family $1,000 a year, he should have passed the Boehner extension that lasted a year.
    i'm not sure obama can pass a bill.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #33
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    It is dishonesty. He said it will save the average family $1,000 a year and all his drone followers on his facebook page were writing loving thank you comments about what they are going to do with that $1,000. I'm sorry, $1,000 was the Boehner bill that Democrats shut down. He lied, or he is stupid. Pick one.
    your post is total bs. people UNDERSTAND what obama meant, why don't you? the concept too difficult?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #34
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    your post is total bs. people UNDERSTAND what obama meant, why don't you? the concept too difficult?
    So you're telling me that when Obama told everyone that the average family would get $1,000 a year from this two month extension and all his followers on facebook started sending him lovecomments about the bills they were going to pay with that $1,000 that they actually knew he meant "I screwed you out of $1,000 a year and am only giving you two months of the payroll tax break"? Sorry, I'm not as gullible as your average Obama follower.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  5. #35
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredmertz View Post
    I didn't say the figure wasn't correct: I was just concluding the assumption he must have been making if the savings were $1k/yr (which he has state previously, so it wasn't a huge leap). I think he's spot on in his estimate and that it wasn't random.



    This is absurd. If I go out and kill an innocent person w/ no history of crime and then you go out and kill a convenience store robber, you cannot claim to be justified in your action simply because I've done something even worse. Your logic is extremely faulty here.
    You are really stretching here who the ---- is talking about killing someone? Your attempt at logic is pitiful

  6. #36
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    So you're telling me that when Obama told everyone that the average family would get $1,000 a year from this two month extension and all his followers on facebook started sending him lovecomments about the bills they were going to pay with that $1,000 that they actually knew he meant "I screwed you out of $1,000 a year and am only giving you two months of the payroll tax break"? Sorry, I'm not as gullible as your average Obama follower.
    Nice spin.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #37
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    It is dishonesty. He said it will save the average family $1,000 a year and all his drone followers on his facebook page were writing loving thank you comments about what they are going to do with that $1,000. I'm sorry, $1,000 was the Boehner bill that Democrats shut down. He lied, or he is stupid. Pick one.
    You cherry picked his speech or maybe you have selected reading or hearing impairments, you pick one

  8. #38
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    Who said it was OK? You must be talking about yourself.
    Look you may want to sweep the Bush legacy away like dog s--t but the effects of his poor leadership will be around for years to come and I am going to remind you of it every chance I get. I don't buy the BS talking points the republican far right is trying to sell.

  9. #39
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    358

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    You are really stretching here who the ---- is talking about killing someone? Your attempt at logic is pitiful
    same logic. different scenario. It's to show that the logic itself is faulty. Your idea is that on a scale of 1-10 of bad acts, Bush was 10. Obama is 9.9 (which is itself arguable). So what Obama does is justifiable because Bush was worse. It's absurd.

  10. #40
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: President can't do math. Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    You cherry picked his speech or maybe you have selected reading or hearing impairments, you pick one
    Are you denying that he said this payroll tax cut extension would mean $1,000 per year for the average family? That's what he put on his facebook page, so maybe you are accusing him of cherrypicking? Hmmm.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •