View Poll Results: Should white supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, and they deserve no general respect

    6 10.34%
  • Yes, but they deserve no general respect

    24 41.38%
  • Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)

    25 43.10%
  • I don't know

    3 5.17%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 131

Thread: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Obviously, I am not a white supremacist. As some know, I am black. Why I ask this question is because I find it particularly interesting. Simply, if white supremacists don't advocate violence, should they be allowed to speak their minds anywhere, from forums and such, and expect at least some respect?

    I ask this because I know that communists, whom I regard as a tad worse than white supremacists, are allowed to speak in forums such as this and are given general respect. To my knowledge, communism has killed far more people than Naziism. It is also my understanding that other racial supremacy groups are allowed to speak openly in public, such as the Black Panthers, and are not given the same treatment white supremacists would have probably received. As for communists, they will undoubtedly not appreciate being looked on as something worse than white supremacists. It doesn't matter. Go read a book, some memoirs from communism survivors, and acquaint yourself with the horrors of communism and the pictures of piles of bodies.

    Again, I disagree with the white supremacist message completely, yet I see that if they try to speak on a forum such as this, they are bombarded. We know that white supremacists are often punished moreso than other hate groups, and it is also clear that communists are often allowed to speak their mind without ridicule.

    What are your thoughts on this issue?

    Do you think I shouldn't deem communists worse than white supremacists?

    Is it wrong to think all hate groups should be demonized equally?

  2. #2
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Obviously, I am not a white supremacist. As some know, I am black. Why I ask this question is because I find it particularly interesting. Simply, if white supremacists don't advocate violence, should they be allowed to speak their minds anywhere, from forums and such, and expect at least some respect?

    I ask this because I know that communists, whom I regard as a tad worse than white supremacists, are allowed to speak in forums such as this and are given general respect. To my knowledge, communism has killed far more people than Naziism. It is also my understanding that other racial supremacy groups are allowed to speak openly in public, such as the Black Panthers, and are not given the same treatment white supremacists would have probably received. As for communists, they will undoubtedly not appreciate being looked on as something worse than white supremacists. It doesn't matter. Go read a book, some memoirs from communism survivors, and acquaint yourself with the horrors of communism and the pictures of piles of bodies.

    Again, I disagree with the white supremacist message completely, yet I see that if they try to speak on a forum such as this, they are bombarded. We know that white supremacists are often punished moreso than other hate groups, and it is also clear that communists are often allowed to speak their mind without ridicule.

    What are your thoughts on this issue?

    Do you think I shouldn't deem communists worse than white supremacists?

    Is it wrong to think all hate groups should be demonized equally?
    communism is a join-by-choice hate group? can you explain that to me?

    enlightening to notice that empirica believes white supremacists deserve respect.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    communism is a join-by-choice hate group? can you explain that to me?
    That's not what I said. I said I view communists as worse than white supremacists because far more people died under communism/communists than Naziism.
    Last edited by Wake; 12-19-11 at 03:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That's not what I said. I said I view communists as worse than white supremacists because far more people died under communism/communists than Naziism.
    simple body counts decides the validity of an ideology??


  5. #5
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Obviously, I am not a white supremacist. As some know, I am black. Why I ask this question is because I find it particularly interesting. Simply, if white supremacists don't advocate violence, should they be allowed to speak their minds anywhere, from forums and such, and expect at least some respect?

    I ask this because I know that communists, whom I regard as a tad worse than white supremacists, are allowed to speak in forums such as this and are given general respect. To my knowledge, communism has killed far more people than Naziism. It is also my understanding that other racial supremacy groups are allowed to speak openly in public, such as the Black Panthers, and are not given the same treatment white supremacists would have probably received. As for communists, they will undoubtedly not appreciate being looked on as something worse than white supremacists. It doesn't matter. Go read a book, some memoirs from communism survivors, and acquaint yourself with the horrors of communism and the pictures of piles of bodies.

    Again, I disagree with the white supremacist message completely, yet I see that if they try to speak on a forum such as this, they are bombarded. We know that white supremacists are often punished moreso than other hate groups, and it is also clear that communists are often allowed to speak their mind without ridicule.

    What are your thoughts on this issue?

    Do you think I shouldn't deem communists worse than white supremacists?

    Is it wrong to think all hate groups should be demonized equally?
    This is almost absurd.

    I'm no fan of communism, but before you lump communists in with Stalin, you have to understand that there has never really been a communist system that was actually communist - just like the Nationalist Socialist Party of Nazi Germany wasn't actually socialist, and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea is not actually democratic. Just because they call themselves that does not mean that's what they are.

    Secondly, do you think Nazism is the only regime to ever try to exterminate a race? Perhaps you're the one who needs to go read a book.

    Beyond that, yes, white supremacists have the same right to speak as anyone else. Whether they deserve to be respected in doing so is a matter of personal opinion; I can't say I'd blame someone who didn't.

  6. #6
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,527

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Obviously, I am not a white supremacist. As some know, I am black. Why I ask this question is because I find it particularly interesting. Simply, if white supremacists don't advocate violence, should they be allowed to speak their minds anywhere, from forums and such, and expect at least some respect?

    I ask this because I know that communists, whom I regard as a tad worse than white supremacists, are allowed to speak in forums such as this and are given general respect. To my knowledge, communism has killed far more people than Naziism. It is also my understanding that other racial supremacy groups are allowed to speak openly in public, such as the Black Panthers, and are not given the same treatment white supremacists would have probably received. As for communists, they will undoubtedly not appreciate being looked on as something worse than white supremacists. It doesn't matter. Go read a book, some memoirs from communism survivors, and acquaint yourself with the horrors of communism and the pictures of piles of bodies.

    Again, I disagree with the white supremacist message completely, yet I see that if they try to speak on a forum such as this, they are bombarded. We know that white supremacists are often punished moreso than other hate groups, and it is also clear that communists are often allowed to speak their mind without ridicule.

    What are your thoughts on this issue?

    Do you think I shouldn't deem communists worse than white supremacists?

    Is it wrong to think all hate groups should be demonized equally?
    Wake, given the question you raised, I guess my question is, "how can such a group speak in open forums without at least alluding to violence? They don't really have any other attraction to it's organized groups around the world other than using topics of violence to address their position and solutions on race." The advocating of violence seems to be their vanguard.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    This is almost absurd.

    I'm no fan of communism, but before you lump communists in with Stalin, you have to understand that there has never really been a communist system that was actually communist - just like the Nationalist Socialist Party of Nazi Germany wasn't actually socialist, and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea is not actually democratic. Just because they call themselves that does not mean that's what they are.

    Secondly, do you think Nazism is the only regime to ever try to exterminate a race? Perhaps you're the one who needs to go read a book.

    Beyond that, yes, white supremacists have the same right to speak as anyone else. Whether they deserve to be respected in doing so is a matter of personal opinion; I can't say I'd blame someone who didn't.
    Let's not rush.

    This is not absurd, as you claim, because I understand that there has "never been a communist system that has actually been communist." Thus, whoever these people are that continuously try to apply the theory irl, and fail on application, thus resulting in misery and death, I take issue with. That, my friend, is the absurdity. It is absurd to keep trying to apply the theory of communism when doing so would create a utopia---"utopia" is a misnomer, because it means "no place." The people who keep trying to bring about communism are who I detest. Do you have a better name for them, besides communists? Maybe "people who keep trying to apply communism to the real world," Smoke?

    Of course I realize that Naziism isn't the only regime to ever try to extreminate a race. I used them as an example since the issue is white supremacists.

    Alright, so you agree they should be able to speak on a forum like this and, perhaps, not be bombarded with attacks?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    I see no reason to be civil & polite to racists, anti-Semites,
    homophobes, Islamophobes, and the like.

  9. #9
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Although the options could have been better worded, I selected "Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)" because of the (to be heard) addition.

    I have no respect for anyone whose opinions are based on hate, but I will never know their motivation if they are denied the opportunity to present their case.

    I even support the right of communists to to be heard even though they are responsible for more murders, suffering and oppression than any group in the history of the human race.

    Just curious, are White Supremacists not permitted to post here at Debate Politics?
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  10. #10
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That's not what I said. I said I view communists as worse than white supremacists because far more people died under communism/communists than Naziism.
    your question is about wqhite supremacist groups. bringing communism or nazism in is a logical fallacy.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •