View Poll Results: Should white supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, and they deserve no general respect

    6 10.34%
  • Yes, but they deserve no general respect

    24 41.38%
  • Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)

    25 43.10%
  • I don't know

    3 5.17%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 131

Thread: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

  1. #51
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    They should not be tolerated anywhere but on separate forums with their own kind.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    They should not be tolerated anywhere but on separate forums with their own kind.
    There we go. This is what I meant.

    Why do you believe this, Manc?

    What if opinion deems we should do the same for communists and other undesirable groups?

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    I support freedom of speech. I may hate their message but I support their right to speak their minds.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    They should not be tolerated anywhere but on separate forums with their own kind.
    yes, let them have their own forums.

    and if they want to join this forum, let their crud be relegated to a special section for racist crud.

  5. #55
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Obviously, I am not a white supremacist. As some know, I am black. Why I ask this question is because I find it particularly interesting. Simply, if white supremacists don't advocate violence, should they be allowed to speak their minds anywhere, from forums and such, and expect at least some respect?

    I ask this because I know that communists, whom I regard as a tad worse than white supremacists, are allowed to speak in forums such as this and are given general respect. To my knowledge, communism has killed far more people than Naziism. It is also my understanding that other racial supremacy groups are allowed to speak openly in public, such as the Black Panthers, and are not given the same treatment white supremacists would have probably received. As for communists, they will undoubtedly not appreciate being looked on as something worse than white supremacists. It doesn't matter. Go read a book, some memoirs from communism survivors, and acquaint yourself with the horrors of communism and the pictures of piles of bodies.

    Again, I disagree with the white supremacist message completely, yet I see that if they try to speak on a forum such as this, they are bombarded. We know that white supremacists are often punished moreso than other hate groups, and it is also clear that communists are often allowed to speak their mind without ridicule.

    What are your thoughts on this issue?

    Do you think I shouldn't deem communists worse than white supremacists?

    Is it wrong to think all hate groups should be demonized equally?
    Communism and Naziism are both political ideologies. They do not kill people, people kill people. I wonder what group has killed more, republicans or fascists? Since we are doing irrelevant comparisons, it seems a fair question.

    As long as speech is within the rules of the board, it should not matter who says it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #56
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    There we go. This is what I meant.

    Why do you believe this, Manc?

    What if opinion deems we should do the same for communists and other undesirable groups?
    I took it as a joke. Like how they think all races should stick with their own kind.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  7. #57
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    My NO vote is based upon they also posting white supremacist - and therefore race-hatred - messages.

    This forum does not have free speech - or it wouldn't have moderators. The forum allows messages within the confines of the rules - specific and in intention. Since the rules do not allow hateful racist messages - which is inherently what advocating white supremacy is - therefore anyone posting such messages is violating the rules.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That does not change the fact that under the applied theory of communism, many people have suffered and died. I personally hold the appliers of communism responsible, and I will also condemn those who wish to apply communism even now, because based on the instances of the past, I see it as a possibility that more suffering and loss of life would ensue. Death and misery is not inherent in the theory of communism, yet on its application, millions have died.
    So does that mean you hate religion more than white supremacy as well since religion has likely killed more people than white supremacy?

    And yes, I respectfully ask you to not get personal when regarding my argument. I am sure you would not appreciate the same.
    I actually could care less. I'll either come back at you or ignore you if I'm not in the mood, so do as you please.

  9. #59
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    touche. my choice was that they deserve NO general respect, and wake ****ed up the poll by qualifying your choice. a right to post and a right to be heard are the same thing.
    As I more politely pointed out before you in my first post; "Although the options could have been better worded".

    Taking into consideration the liberal propensity for emotional knee-jerk reaction, I accept your apology liblady.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  10. #60
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Taking into consideration the liberal propensity for emotional knee-jerk reaction, I accept your apology liblady.
    I'm sure that most people have a knee jerk reaction to thing like racism regardless of their political leanings.
    Last edited by iliveonramen; 12-19-11 at 05:31 PM.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •