View Poll Results: Should white supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, and they deserve no general respect

    6 10.34%
  • Yes, but they deserve no general respect

    24 41.38%
  • Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)

    25 43.10%
  • I don't know

    3 5.17%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 131

Thread: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous to think that people who support a purely economic ideology are worse than people who think that you are inherently inferior to them and probably want you dead just because of your skin color. But then again, you are the same person who liked the posts of a white supremacist on here who was calling you inherently less intelligent than him because you're black a few months ago.
    There's no need to get personal, TPD.

    And yes, I disagree with people who try to apply communism because it fails and people suffer and die. I know that communists don't call for death/racism in their message, yet that usually happens during the application of the theory. Again, it's not a difficult concept.
    Last edited by Wake; 12-19-11 at 04:18 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    There's no need to get personal, TPD.
    Don't preach to me. It only makes it worse for you.

    And yes, I disagree with people who try to apply communism because it fails and people suffer and die. I know that communists don't call for death/racism in their message, yet that usually happens during the application of the theory. Again, it's not a difficult concept.
    No one has said it's a difficult concept. It's just idiotic to think people who don't want to kill you (and oftentimes genuinely believe their ideology is good) are worse than people who do want to harm you and others and have in fact spent a great deal of time committing genocide and other acts of violence based solely on the principles of their ideology.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    We know. You don't seem to see much reason to be civil and polite with anyone you disagree with.....
    are you going to back this up, or just make a baseless drive-by?

  4. #44
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    The basic tenant of white supremacy is that non-whites should be hated.
    I disagree. The basic tenet of white supremacy is that white people are superior to non-white people, and that their superiority to non-white people must be carefully maintained. No different than how I view hominids in relation to other primates, humans in relation to other hominids, or America in relation to other nations. That doesn't mean that I hate aliens, near-humans, or the great apes; it just means that I view them as something different from myself, as a competitor for natural resources.

    Hatred isn't the core feature of the ideology, it's the character flaw that attracts people to the ideology in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Still, we have shared values about building a great society even if we greatly disagree on the means. White Supremacy lacks such a redeeming characteristic as the goal itself is unacceptable in addition to the methods.
    White supremacists have shared values about building a great society, too. They just don't think you can build a great society out of non-white people. Like Fascists and Communists, the problem arises from their idea of what a "great society" is, and their methodology for achieving one.
    Last edited by Korimyr the Rat; 12-19-11 at 04:23 PM.

  5. #45
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,523

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    are you going to back this up, or just make a baseless drive-by?
    Does he really have to? Do you honestly think you have been respectful etc to people you disagree with on this forum?

    I mean I am no angel, so I got no room to talk. I am however not asking anyone to "back up" the obvious truth either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No one has said it's a difficult concept. It's just idiotic to think people who don't want to kill you (and oftentimes genuinely believe their ideology is good) are worse than people who do want to harm you and others and have in fact spent a great deal of time committing genocide and other acts of violence based solely on the principles of their ideology.
    That does not change the fact that under the applied theory of communism, many people have suffered and died. I personally hold the appliers of communism responsible, and I will also condemn those who wish to apply communism even now, because based on the instances of the past, I see it as a possibility that more suffering and loss of life would ensue. Death and misery is not inherent in the theory of communism, yet on its application, millions have died.

    And yes, I respectfully ask you to not get personal when regarding my argument. I am sure you would not appreciate the same.

  7. #47
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    are you going to back this up, or just make a baseless drive-by?
    Here you go.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Does he really have to? Do you honestly think you have been respectful etc to people you disagree with on this forum?...
    for the most part, yes.

    I am respectful to folks I disagree with on this board. I welcome any evidence to the contrary.

  9. #49
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Yes but they are complete morons.


  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    uh huh.

    so your evidence of me being disrespectful to folks I disagree with, is a link to the search results for all my previous posts?

    that's pretty pathetic, my friend.

    pathetic, childish, and damn stupid.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •