View Poll Results: Should white supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, and they deserve no general respect

    6 10.34%
  • Yes, but they deserve no general respect

    24 41.38%
  • Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)

    25 43.10%
  • I don't know

    3 5.17%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 131

Thread: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    please stop. "groups you don't like" is not a valid comparison.
    Yeah, opinion and fact are two different things.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #32
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Being allowed to speak and given respect are two different things. There are plenty of groups I have little respect for. There are also individuals INSIDE of those groups that I do respect... just as there are individuals that I do not respect inside of groups I DO. But, as I said, if they are within the rules, pretty much anyone can post at DP.
    And if I might add...

    DP isn't a democracy or a Republic. It's a private entity outside the jurisdiction of the government (in Constitutional terms)...so nobody has the right to freely speak nor the right to be heard. Its all at the discretion of the owner(s) of this website.
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 12-19-11 at 04:05 PM.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    please stop. "groups you don't like" is not a valid comparison.
    To you, no. To me? Yes.

    I very well will compare all the negative groups in history. I hold not just the dictators, but the people of those ideologies responsible for the loss of life. So yes, I will view communists as worse than white supremacists. That is my opinion. You have a different opinion. That's alright. Will I "please stop" and conform to your opinion? I think not.

  4. #34
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    To you, no. To me? Yes.

    I very well will compare all the negative groups in history. I hold not just the dictators, but the people of those ideologies responsible for the loss of life. So yes, I will view communists as worse than white supremacists. That is my opinion. You have a different opinion. That's alright. Will I "please stop" and conform to your opinion? I think not.
    thread fail.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    And if I might add...

    DP isn't a democracy or a Republic. It's a private entity outside the jurisdiction of the government (in Constitutional terms)...so nobody has the right to freely speak nor the right to be heard. Its all at the discretion of the owner(s) of this website.
    that's right, but the white supremacists have a right to their own website.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    If my next door neighbor kills me because he doesn't like the color of my eyes...then that offense is as bad as any other hate crime originating from those who claim to be labeled or associated with a group noted for violence.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    we don't have to tolerate bigotry or hatred, just because they use polite language.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    To you, no. To me? Yes.

    I very well will compare all the negative groups in history. I hold not just the dictators, but the people of those ideologies responsible for the loss of life. So yes, I will view communists as worse than white supremacists. That is my opinion. You have a different opinion. That's alright. Will I "please stop" and conform to your opinion? I think not.
    It's pretty ridiculous to think that people who support a purely economic ideology are worse than people who think that you are inherently inferior to them and probably want you dead just because of your skin color. But then again, you are the same person who liked the posts of a white supremacist on here who was calling you inherently less intelligent than him because you're black a few months ago.

  9. #39
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I see no reason to be civil & polite to racists, anti-Semites,
    homophobes, Islamophobes, and the like.
    We know. You don't seem to see much reason to be civil and polite with anyone you disagree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Although the options could have been better worded, I selected "Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)" because of the (to be heard) addition.
    Yes. I agree with this. Words are weapons, and any man fit to hold a blade deserves at least the respect to acknowledge that he's dangerous.

    As far as I am concerned, white supremacists do not deserve any less consideration than any other enemy-- they are honored foes until they dishonor themselves. It is regrettable that most of them will do so readily when challenged, but I am learning to expect little better from anyone that espouses a strong political philosophy; our diseased culture no longer understands honor, and confuses disrespect for evidence of superiority. You can see it any time we go to war, in the disgusting way that we talk about our enemies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Just curious, are White Supremacists not permitted to post here at Debate Politics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    18. Hate Messages - Hate Messages delivered via threads, posts, signatures, or PM's are forbidden at Debate Politics. The Moderator Team defines a hate message as any willful wording intended to ridicule, debase, degrade, intimidate, or incite violence and/or prejudicial actions against a group of people based on their race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. Determined violations of this rule will be subject to incur an immediate revocation of membership. Posting links to any website deemed by the Moderator Team to contain hate messages will also constitute a violation of Rule 18.
    White supremacy, and other forms of bigotry, are allowed under Debate Politics rules as long as they fall within the guidelines of Rule 18. I wish that this rule were not necessary because it stifles many opinions that I consider legitimate topics for discussion-- and quite a few of my own political opinions-- but whatever benefit we would gain from allowing people to openly endorse violent or discriminatory policies would be immediately drowned in the torrents of filth that pour forth whenever these topics arise. It is simply impossible to maintain the tone of the forum when people are openly using racial slurs and calling for genocide; stifling legitimate discussion of these issues is an unfortunate side effect.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    We know. You don't seem to see much reason to be civil and polite with anyone you disagree with....
    what a baseless & bull**** comment.

    I am very civil with the GREAT majority of people I disagree with in this forum.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •