View Poll Results: Should white supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, and they deserve no general respect

    6 10.34%
  • Yes, but they deserve no general respect

    24 41.38%
  • Yes, and they deserve general respect (to be heard)

    25 43.10%
  • I don't know

    3 5.17%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 131

Thread: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

  1. #21
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,500

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    White Supremacists have the right to be heard, and the rest of us have the right to condemn their vile & pathological hatred.
    I'm can't express how happy I am that nobody has the right to be heard. Nobody. That isn't what the 1st Amendment says. I wouldn't change the 1st Amendment to condemn the supremacist. Then it would work both ways. Image being tracked down and tortured until you were "willing" to listen so their message would be heard.

    You know...like how Tigger would make the world.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And Wake... your communism presentation is ridiculous... but you've already been told that several times.
    I respectfully disagree. I dislike communists, or should I say "people who try to apply communism," moreso than white supremacists. Not sure how that's a ridiculous presentation.

  3. #23
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Not when I speak of groups I dislike. Thus, why I, yet again, state that I dislike "people who try to bring about communism" more than white supremacists.
    so your poll is based on groups you don't like being able to post. i see.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #24
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    The basic tenant of white supremacy is that non-whites should be hated. It defines the whole ideology and is one that isn't acceptable. Communism or even fascism are nuanced ideas with acceptable goals even if they tend to turn out badly. A lot people liked Heinlein's citizenship through service concept and utopian communism promises equality and prosperity for all. Reality is however a harsh mistress and most people on this forum oppose them based on what historically happens when you give the state that much power. Still, we have shared values about building a great society even if we greatly disagree on the means. White Supremacy lacks such a redeeming characteristic as the goal itself is unacceptable in addition to the methods.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    What are your thoughts on this issue?

    Do you think I shouldn't deem communists worse than white supremacists?

    Is it wrong to think all hate groups should be demonized equally?
    This is idiotic. Communism is not inherently hateful. White supremacy is. Consequently, communists are not going to be disrespected (at least at the same level as white supremacists) because they merely advocate an economic ideology whereas white supremacists advocate racial supremacy and hate. I can't believe I actually had to explain that.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post


    so your poll is based on groups you don't like being able to post. i see.
    Personally, I dislike those groups. I'm asking what you think about white supremacist being allowed to talk. Then I stated that I see that other groups I dislike, such as hate groups and failed political groups, are also allowed to speak and some are even given respect.

    It's not a difficult concept.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,697

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I dislike communists, or should I say "people who try to apply communism," moreso than white supremacists. Not sure how that's a ridiculous presentation.
    Your dislike is not the issue. Dislike all you like. Communists didn't kill more than Nazis. AUTHORITARIANS/DICTATORS masquerading as communists did.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Personally, I dislike those groups. I'm asking what you think about white supremacist being allowed to talk. Then I stated that I see that other groups I dislike, such as hate groups and failed political groups, are also allowed to speak and some are even given respect.

    It's not a difficult concept.
    its very silly and a tad ignorant, to compare White Supremacy with Communism.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,697

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Personally, I dislike those groups. I'm asking what you think about white supremacist being allowed to talk. Then I stated that I see that other groups I dislike, such as hate groups and failed political groups, are also allowed to speak and some are even given respect.

    It's not a difficult concept.
    Being allowed to speak and given respect are two different things. There are plenty of groups I have little respect for. There are also individuals INSIDE of those groups that I do respect... just as there are individuals that I do not respect inside of groups I DO. But, as I said, if they are within the rules, pretty much anyone can post at DP.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #30
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should White Supremacists be allowed to speak on forums/etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Personally, I dislike those groups. I'm asking what you think about white supremacist being allowed to talk. Then I stated that I see that other groups I dislike, such as hate groups and failed political groups, are also allowed to speak and some are even given respect.

    It's not a difficult concept.
    please stop. "groups you don't like" is not a valid comparison.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •