View Poll Results: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    109 52.66%
  • No

    98 47.34%
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 577

Thread: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

  1. #481
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ah, the court of public opinion is good enough, huh? Guess you don't much mind innocent people being put to death, so long as enough people think they're guilty.
    Guess you think OJ was looking for the "real" killer out on those golf courses

    And I guess you think the word "person" does not apply to the unborn because that's what the Supreme Court decided
    Last edited by sangha; 12-29-11 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #482
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Guess you think OJ was looking for the "real" killer out on those golf courses

    And I guess you think the word "person" does not apply to the unborn because that's what the Supreme Court decided
    Focus...let's keep on the subject. Because the war is unpopular, ill-concieved, poorly timed, and of questionable justification vs cost, doesn't mean it was illegal. and it doesn't mean Bush lied. There are plenty of UN resolutions that can be argued to legitimize the invasion. Those arguments are as valid as the arguments against in my opinion.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #483
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Simple yes or no question.
    I don't have a clue - I have no idea how beneficial it's been for the Iraqi people but from the looks of it: not much good has come from any of it.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #484
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Focus...let's keep on the subject. Because the war is unpopular, ill-concieved, poorly timed, and of questionable justification vs cost, doesn't mean it was illegal. and it doesn't mean Bush lied. There are plenty of UN resolutions that can be argued to legitimize the invasion. Those arguments are as valid as the arguments against in my opinion.
    Focus on the hypocrisy and dishonesty of your argument

    You're dishonestly arguing that it's the courts decision that counts, even though you don't believe that, as proven by your repeated claims that the court was wrong to decide that the unborn are not "persons"

    So which is it? Is what the court says "proven", or is it "wrong"?

    Or is it just "whatever is most convenient to the argument mac is making at the moment?"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #485
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Focus on the hypocrisy and dishonesty of your argument

    You're dishonestly arguing that it's the courts decision that counts, even though you don't believe that, as proven by your repeated claims that the court was wrong to decide that the unborn are not "persons"

    So which is it? Is what the court says "proven", or is it "wrong"?

    Or is it just "whatever is most convenient to the argument mac is making at the moment?"
    In that case, I think it's wrong and I disagree with the decision. But it's the court's decision that counts, isn't it?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #486
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Yeah, 60+ years...we're still in Germany and Japan.

    What international body has deemed the war illegal? Has the UN pursued action against the US? Has Iraq sued in international court?
    It violated UN Charter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  7. #487
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    In that case, I think it's wrong and I disagree with the decision. But it's the court's decision that counts, isn't it?
    So you agree that a courts decision can be wrong?

    Ergo, a courts decision is not something you consider proof, even though you are now dishonestly claiming that a courts decision is not only proof, but the ONLY proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #488
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you agree that a courts decision can be wrong?

    Ergo, a courts decision is not something you consider proof, even though you are now dishonestly claiming that a courts decision is not only proof, but the ONLY proof.
    Sure I believe a court can be wrong, but there's is a process for that...involving court.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #489
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    It violated UN Charter.
    And it was also supported by several UN resolutions.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #490
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Sure I believe a court can be wrong, but there's is a process for that...involving court.
    Is a court decision proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •