View Poll Results: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    109 52.66%
  • No

    98 47.34%
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 577

Thread: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I wasn't worrying about that to begin with. And, frankly, I could have cared less if he gave Iran hell.

    I agree our soldiers should have a parade. They are heroes and they deserve the best we can offer them. But, that being said, I don't think all that was worth it just to have a parade.

    Lotsa parents lost their kids over there. Lotsa kids lost their daddy's. Let's give them a parade too.
    Why are you denegrating their service? What's next? Pissing on their graves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right, that's why he massed Republican Gaurd units on the Kuwaiti border in 1994. Not to mention his persicussion of the Kerds and the Shia.
    So we are supposed to invade and occupy every nation that threatens to or attacks another nation?

    OK then... let's invade Tibet and kick out the Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why are you denegrating their service? What's next? Pissing on their graves?
    Are you reading through a Mary Jane smoke filled haze or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #24
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Got rid of Saddam. We don't have to worry about him invading his neighbors every few years.
    Every few years? It happened once.

    Eventually, getting rid of him would have been necessary. That being said, a better time could have (and should have) been chosen. Replacing Saddam with a weak government only made Iran stronger with nobody powerful to keep them in check. Now it's just a bigger mess than it was.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #25
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Every few years? It happened once.

    Eventually, getting rid of him would have been necessary. That being said, a better time could have (and should have) been chosen. Replacing Saddam with a weak government only made Iran stronger with nobody powerful to keep them in check. Now it's just a bigger mess than it was.
    Actually, it happened three times, but don't worry about the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, it happened three times, but don't worry about the facts.
    If that's the best you can do, you've already lost this argument.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    If that's the best you can do, you've already lost this argument.
    No one has disputed with any kind of real argument, so I win by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Yes, the Iraq war was VERY worth it for Halliburton, Blackwater, the arms industries, the oil industries, various military contractors, and a little country to the west of Iraq.

    was the war worth it to the Iraqi & American people? that remains to be seen.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, it happened three times, but don't worry about the facts.
    Not going to answe my first question? OK. How about the fact that we have invaded Vietnam, N. Korea, Panama, Hawaii, The Indian Nations, Iraq, etc.?

    Do others have the right to invade us to kick us out or any of them? How about Russia attacking us to kick us out of Iraq just as we invaded Iraq to kick them out of Kuwait?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not going to answe my first question? OK. How about the fact that we have invaded Vietnam, N. Korea, Panama, Hawaii, The Indian Nations, Iraq, etc.?

    Do others have the right to invade us to kick us out or any of them? How about Russia attacking us to kick us out of Iraq just as we invaded Iraq to kick them out of Kuwait?
    We didn't invade Vietnam. How can you make a credible argument when you don't even know that much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •