View Poll Results: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    109 52.66%
  • No

    98 47.34%
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 577

Thread: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

  1. #251
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, Boo, you crack me up. You see, I have access to personal expirience with the subject matter and the same access to the stories and reports that you have. That makes my view wider than yours, not narrower. You keep citing "those that created it" when in reality, all you've read is the opinion of some agenda driven retired officers...and you can't see that. You don't know anything about SERE, the history of it, or have any idea who created it. It wasn't just a person, or even a handfull of people...and it has changed dramatically since it's inception. You really have no idea what you're talking about.
    I have personal experience with a lot of things I'm not expert on. You ignore those who actually crearted and run the program. They not only have personal experience, but ubderstand the differences. You don't. So, as I look beyond just my experience, but toward a fuller understanding, I'm not as narrow as you. Can't you see the difference? You limit yourself to just your view, flawed as itmay be.

    What fact? What actual fact have you given? I showed you the actual polling that shows world opinion of America improving...you've shown nothing to the opposite. Tell yourself whatever you must, but you're just buying the spin.
    The UN charter is fact. We signed it is fact. It lists how signature nations can invade. Fact.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #252
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have personal experience with a lot of things I'm not expert on. You ignore those who actually crearted and run the program. They not only have personal experience, but ubderstand the differences. You don't. So, as I look beyond just my experience, but toward a fuller understanding, I'm not as narrow as you. Can't you see the difference? You limit yourself to just your view, flawed as itmay be.



    The UN charter is fact. We signed it is fact. It lists how signature nations can invade. Fact.
    The fact that we signed a UN charter is a whole other can of beans that should be opened in its own thread. We need to look back at what the founders said about things such as that and correct ourselves.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #253
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    The fact that we signed a UN charter is a whole other can of beans that should be opened in its own thread. We need to look back at what the founders said about things such as that and correct ourselves.
    The founding fathers could not have foreseen evrything, but as I recall, they were not too in favor of imperialists acts overseas. Nor would I think they were in favor of us breaking agreements we sign. But if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd look at it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #254
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    The fact that we signed a UN charter is a whole other can of beans that should be opened in its own thread. We need to look back at what the founders said about things such as that and correct ourselves.
    A common mistake...you are trying to use a manual written in 1750 dealing with wagon wheels, rather than one written in 2011 dealing with wheel angle sensors.
    Strange how people do these things, yet, every day, they do...

  5. #255
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Iraqi citizen: "When the Americans started this whole war issue, we started to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and we walked toward it. But when the war happened, that light was the American train coming the other way that ran us over." Heaven protect us from people with good intentions. The US meant well.

    I once saw an old bum digging in a dumpster for food. I gave him a $5 bill, so he could eat and he went right next door to a liquor store. If I'd have went one step further and bought him a meal. I meant well but I acted before I thought.

  6. #256
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Iraqi citizen: "When the Americans started this whole war issue, we started to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and we walked toward it. But when the war happened, that light was the American train coming the other way that ran us over." Heaven protect us from people with good intentions. The US meant well.

    I once saw an old bum digging in a dumpster for food. I gave him a $5 bill, so he could eat and he went right next door to a liquor store. If I'd have went one step further and bought him a meal. I meant well but I acted before I thought.
    First, where did that woman hear that Metallica song.
    Second, I will call your emotional quote and raise you an emotional photo.

    Was the War in Iraq worth it?-iraqvote-jpg


    And a bonus pic

    Was the War in Iraq worth it?-07-minister-jpg


    Ok, what else ya got.

  7. #257
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Operation Iraqi Freedom what a roaring success. Even Obama who once said the war was "dumb" says it's a success, so it must be so. You win, your argument was too intense.

    Though that interpretation is strongly disputed by critics who say the conflict has destabilised the region, strengthened Iran and exposed US military shortcomings, which may encourage future conflict. It is also claimed by critics that the war has strengthened hostility to the US and fueled not deterred terrorism.

    The overwhelming US public support for the invasion in 2003, in part driven by the Bush administration's misleading attempts to link Iraq to the 9/11 al-Qaeda attacks as well as its flawed claims about weapons of mass destruction, faded as the costs in American lives and dollars rose.
    Last edited by grip; 12-22-11 at 04:50 PM.

  8. #258
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A common mistake...you are trying to use a manual written in 1750 dealing with wagon wheels, rather than one written in 2011 dealing with wheel angle sensors.
    Strange how people do these things, yet, every day, they do...
    A common misconception, that the rules that governed our country then can still do it now. What does being involved in the UN do to benefit our country? Name something please.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #259
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The founding fathers could not have foreseen evrything, but as I recall, they were not too in favor of imperialists acts overseas. Nor would I think they were in favor of us breaking agreements we sign. But if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd look at it.
    I agree with you that they wouldn't want us to break agreements. Thats the point, we shouldn't be in the agreement to begin with. I believe you and I have debated, at length, the reasons we went into Iraq and Afghanistan so I will save us the merry go round we got into last time.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #260
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have personal experience with a lot of things I'm not expert on. You ignore those who actually crearted and run the program. They not only have personal experience, but ubderstand the differences. You don't. So, as I look beyond just my experience, but toward a fuller understanding, I'm not as narrow as you. Can't you see the difference? You limit yourself to just your view, flawed as itmay be.
    Ok...who created, and run, "the program"? You're not as narrow as I am? You've bit off on what you wanted to hear and seem to be steadfastly sticking to it. By definition, Boo, that's narrow.

    The UN charter is fact. We signed it is fact. It lists how signature nations can invade. Fact.
    Then show how we broke that charter....by that I mean of course, show that the UN is claiming we broke that charter.
    Last edited by mac; 12-22-11 at 07:10 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •