View Poll Results: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    109 52.66%
  • No

    98 47.34%
Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 577

Thread: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

  1. #221
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Someone has GOT to be spamming the Yes choice.
    When this thread was about seven pages old I checked the poll results, and it was 4 worth it and 22 not worth it.

    Then I posted this: http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060035789.

    The next day I checked the poll again .. and it was about 64 worth it and 36 not worth it.

    I wonder what happened?

    Now I don't for a moment think my post had any effect on subsequent votes .. really ...

    Still, I've yet to vote .. and I'm kinda leanin' to "worth it", as sad as I am to say.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  2. #222
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those who do the training, those who crreated the training, say clearly and have said so in testimney, that what you received is not the same thing. It was to prepare you for TORTURE. They did not do what would happen to you if you were facing the real thing.
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. It was to prepare us for interrogation. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

    As for you not getting facts, again, tell yourself what you have to. But that doesn't change the facts, or make what you say true.
    Again...what facts? Have you shown any motion presented by any UN member? Have you shown any substantial proof that our reputation is in tatters? No, you have presented talking points, rumors, and conjecture.
    Last edited by mac; 12-20-11 at 04:06 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #223
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    In truth, we are not leaving Iraq. Thousands of civilian contractors are in place, possibly permanently. We have never left anyplace on this blue green planet...that I know of..
    Call it "imperial", if you wish, I call it human nature.
    And our military is simply moving to Kuwait and/or other next door nations.....
    If that were true....why did we invade the same place twice??
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #224
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Those 75 who state that the Iraq War was "worth it" do not place much value on human life, do they???
    Appeal to emotion...gibberish. Ending a brutal dictatorship is humane even at the cost of human life.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #225
    Advisor RoccoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 05:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    530

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Ontology, et al,

    Maybe! It will be a while before we can tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post

    Still, I've yet to vote .. and I'm kinda leanin' to "worth it", as sad as I am to say.
    (COMMENT)

    Certainly you are not alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pew Research Survey October 5, 2011
    As the United States marks the 10th anniversary of the longest period of sustained warfare in its history, the overwhelming majority of veterans of the post-9/11 era (96%) are proud of their military service. At the same time, more than four-in-ten (44%) report that they have had difficulties readjusting to civilian life, and 37% say that - whether or not they have been formally diagnosed - they have suffered from post-traumatic stress. While post-9/11 veterans are more supportive than the general public, just one-third (34%) say that, given the costs and benefits to the U.S., the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have both been worth fighting.

    Source: War and Sacrifice in the Post-9/11 Era - Pew Research Center

    That means you're with the majority.

    Most Respectfully,
    R

  6. #226
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. It was to prepare us for interrogation. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.
    I'm sorry, but that is not true. You are misinformed. On a lot of things it appears.

    Again...what facts? Have you shown any motion presented by any UN member? Have you shown any substantial proof that our reputation is in tatters? No, you have presented talking points, rumors, and conjecture.
    Either you didn't read it or understand it very well, I don't know which. But there is a link to UN charter, to which we signed. It spells out clearly waht we agreed to. These are facts. You're merely so used to dismissing that which does not affirm your belief structure that you really don't pay close attention it appears.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #227
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    my Christmas wish
    the opportunity to personally waterboard those who insist they have experienced it and found it not to be torture
    and to videotape those efforts for posting

    alas, santa is as real as their professions
    I've also been pepper sprayed. That hurts worse and I'd still do it to you (while I was waterboarding you lol) for calling me a liar and saying my job is equivalent to Santa. What, pray tell, is your profession? You know, this oddly feels like the scene in 300 where Leonidas asks the pathetic Arcadians what they do for a living.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #228
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I've also been pepper sprayed. That hurts worse and I'd still do it to you (while I was waterboarding you lol) for calling me a liar and saying my job is equivalent to Santa. What, pray tell, is your profession? You know, this oddly feels like the scene in 300 where Leonidas asks the pathetic Arcadians what they do for a living.
    Well, I was only in the 82nd, so not sure that counts. But like I note earlier, those who created the SERE training and those who run it say it is not the same. Now, I'm sure they are not qualified to say, but they do say that.

    Yes, I've seen people peppered sprayed, and some like me have less reaction to it than others. Seen people hit with a tazzer as well, and while most survive, some have died. But, none of that has been called torture in the past. The same cannot be said of waterboarding.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #229
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, I was only in the 82nd, so not sure that counts. But like I note earlier, those who created the SERE training and those who run it say it is not the same. Now, I'm sure they are not qualified to say, but they do say that.

    Yes, I've seen people peppered sprayed, and some like me have less reaction to it than others. Seen people hit with a tazzer as well, and while most survive, some have died. But, none of that has been called torture in the past. The same cannot be said of waterboarding.
    Nah, you're good. I was talking to the other guy lol. I've worked with the 82nd before, good group of guys. In Iraq in '07. Don't ask me names, it was only one op. Can't remember much other than they were 82nd.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #230
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Was the War in Iraq worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is not true. You are misinformed. On a lot of things it appears.
    Boo, I did not read about SERE, I went through it. Several times in fact, not to mention annual refreshers. I'll rely on personal first hand expirience rather than your mad internet reading skilz, I think.



    Either you didn't read it or understand it very well, I don't know which. But there is a link to UN charter, to which we signed. It spells out clearly waht we agreed to. These are facts. You're merely so used to dismissing that which does not affirm your belief structure that you really don't pay close attention it appears.
    What it doesn't do is point to any UN complaint or refusal. Nor does it point out the many UN nations, also a party to the same agreements that joined us in the invasion.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •