View Poll Results: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it protects her from bearing the rapist's child

    106 92.98%
  • No, that pill is unethical

    8 7.02%
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 552

Thread: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

  1. #51
    Student Blackstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    218

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Of course the answer is yes. You can go into medical reasons or philosophical reasons...the answer remains 'yes'. Aside from the fact that abortion remains legal and even if 'Plan B' were an abortion pill, best evidence indicates it is NOT an abortion pill but rather prevents the initial pregnancy from occuring in the first place.
    This is patently absurd. If it was not an abortion pill, Obama would have absolutely no interest in Plan B, nor in its accessibility to women.

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,947

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    This is patently absurd. If it was not an abortion pill, Obama would have absolutely no interest in Plan B, nor in its accessibility to women.
    It's a contraceptive, not an abortion pill. Also, your partisan rhetoric doesn't help your argument.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #53
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    This is patently absurd. If it was not an abortion pill, Obama would have absolutely no interest in Plan B, nor in its accessibility to women.
    It is far more absurd to presume you know something and express outrage over it than to disagree with a point. You might want to check the medical description of what it is, how and why it works, etc.

  4. #54
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?
    Im guessing this is a hypothetical since just about anybody can currently take it now

    but the answer is OF COURSE
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #55
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Uhhh yea. Anyone should be able to take the morning after pill if they wanna.


  6. #56
    Professor

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    How about because some of us believe that consenting to sexual intercourse includes consent to potentially becoming a parent.
    I'm laughing here because I can just imagine what sex would look like with someone who thinks like you do: a little foreplay and an emergency appointment with a lawyer before the bar closes.

  7. #57
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm sorry but humans are not animals. Animals do not have a concious and that is the difference. You just defined why we should protect that life because it is so helpless. What could be more helpless than a being that can't feel pain, has no consciousness, is a few cells big, can't think, can't see, can't hear, can't smell, can't eat, can't drink, can't fart, can't do anything. And who are you to say that if will face a likely situation that it will be aborted naturally anyway? What does that even mean? What is a "natural abortion"? Miscarriages are unfortunate events that occur due to many factors. Some could be because of the mom using drugs or not taking care of herself but more often than not they just happen, especially with women who have never had children.
    So I am guessing that you are willing to accept rsponsibility for seeing to it that every child brought into this world has every thing they need to become a healthy competitive adult and you are also against all wars.

  8. #58
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    I don't see what difference rape makes, as that would be blaming the child if you thought it was one. I suppose if you are pro-life, but had an usual philosophy behind that position then maybe it would be alright, or you were pro-life after a certain amount of weeks, but if you believe the embryo is already a child then what difference does rape make?
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #59
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It's a contraceptive, not an abortion pill. Also, your partisan rhetoric doesn't help your argument.
    I believe there is debate and genuine uncertainty and academic division, but I think that there is at least an equal opinion and evidence that suggests these pills may sometimes act as abortifacients. This would be enough to disagree with them from common pro-life positions.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 12-17-11 at 11:41 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  10. #60
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,575
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    All women should have access to Plan B. Condoms break, after all. Rape victims should be offered Plan B at the hospital or clinic where they are being treated, along with all the other protections available against STD's.

    That there are some who believe otherwise does not surprise me, sadly. It does, however, disgust me.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •