View Poll Results: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it protects her from bearing the rapist's child

    106 92.98%
  • No, that pill is unethical

    8 7.02%
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 552

Thread: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    As a pro-lifer in terms of abortion, it's murder UNLESS it is either the life of the woman or the life of the unborn in the balance. I will remain consistent on this.
    I'm sorry, but aborting a 3-day old zygote is NOT murder.

    such a view is totally irrational.

  2. #482
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The first isn't a matter of proof. It involves value judgments.

    The second is pretty obviously true and shouldn't require proof.
    1.) only if you want to ignore reality and the meaning of words
    2.) actually its pretty obviously NOT true in my OPINION and does require proof. Id say 40% or the people I know are pro-life and NONE of them hold the false belief that its murder In fact Ive never encountered anybody in person that falsely thinks its murder. So it most definitely requires proof.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #483
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) only if you want to ignore reality and the meaning of words
    Huh?

    2.) actually its pretty obviously NOT true in my OPINION and does require proof. Id say 40% or the people I know are pro-life and NONE of them hold the false belief that its murder In fact Ive never encountered anybody in person that falsely thinks its murder. So it most definitely requires proof.
    You're welcome to require proof. I posted some poll results earlier.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  4. #484
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Huh?



    You're welcome to require proof. I posted some poll results earlier.
    1.) murder is a defined word, you dont get to make up the definition
    2.) ill have to look at your poll, either way ive never met anybody that shares this false opinion in person and probably around 40% of my friends are pro-life. They just have enough common sense to understand that its not murder unless they choose to make up a false definition of that word
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #485
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) murder is a defined word, you dont get to make up the definition
    But we can change it. It's a legal definition. We write the laws.

    2.) ill have to look at your poll, either way ive never met anybody that shares this false opinion in person and probably around 40% of my friends are pro-life. They just have enough common sense to understand that its not murder unless they choose to make up a false definition of that word
    Your friends =/= randomly-selected, adequately-sized sample. (My poll does).
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  6. #486
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Well some might not understand that there is a real dispute over whether it causes abortion. But, unless they have an unusual pro-life philosophy, they are being inconsistent or lacking moral courage if they aren't against it. If the dispute is cleared up and it can be shown not to cause abortion then not all pro-lifers should be against it, but right now they should be, unless they have an unusual pro-life position.
    Well, my whole family and my husband's whole family are pro-life, and none of them have any issues with the morning after pill (not the immediate family anyway). The only ones who might would be my great-aunts who are Catholic and consider contraceptives and sex-without-the-intent-of-getting-pregnant wrong. To the rest of the family, MAPs are basically just "oops" contraceptives, not abortion pills.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #487
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But we can change it. It's a legal definition. We write the laws.



    Your friends =/= randomly-selected, adequately-sized sample. (My poll does).
    1.) yes you could TRY but currently it is not so the fact remains it is NOT murder LOL and its just a guess but Im gonna guess it never will be either thankfully
    2.) uhm seems kinda sketchy to me, I googled some other polls and it seems typically 33-60% or pro-lifers think its murder so id say its inconclusive and you can NOT say thats the usual stance.

    Id also say that since ive never seen anybody say something so dumb in person, people fully acknowledge that fact that it is not murder so that cant manage to say something so stupid in person, they only use this tactic on line or on a poll and know they would immediately be laughed at by logical people that deal with facts. BUT I admit thats just a guess.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #488
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) yes you could TRY but currently it is not so the fact remains it is NOT murder LOL and its just a guess but Im gonna guess it never will be either thankfully
    The discussion is about whether it ought to be. The law can change.

    2.) uhm seems kinda sketchy to me, I googled some other polls and it seems typically 33-60% or pro-lifers think its murder so id say its inconclusive and you can NOT say thats the usual stance.
    Please post your polls.

    Id also say that since ive never seen anybody say something so dumb in person, people fully acknowledge that fact that it is not murder so that cant manage to say something so stupid in person, they only use this tactic on line or on a poll and know they would immediately be laughed at by logical people that deal with facts. BUT I admit thats just a guess.
    Saying other people are wrong because they are stupid or dumb is a really lame argument that doesn't make you get taken seriously.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #489
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    As a pro-lifer in terms of abortion, it's murder UNLESS it is either the life of the woman or the life of the unborn in the balance. I will remain consistent on this.
    So let's explore what you BELIEVE in YOUR definitions.

    You BELIEVE a mother may "MURDER" (your word) her own child to save her own life. So if facing starvation a mother could murder her own child to eat her child to save her life, to kill a child if the mother needs a teenage child's heart for a transplant and for a mother to use her own child as a human shield against bullets also to try to save her own life.

    Your "morals" and "belief" as a pro-lifer is that abortion is "MURDER" same as murdering a born child - but that a mother may "murder" her child to save her own life - thus whether a 1 day old zygote or 17 year old daughter as you equate them as IDENTICAL. HOW DISGUSTING THAT YOU THINK A MOTHER COULD MURDER HER TEENAGE CHILD FOR SELF PRESERVATION!!!

    Nearly all other people believe that a parent should give up his/her life to save his/her children. I do. So We are FAR more PRO-CHILD than you are BY YOUR OWN DEFINITIONS.
    Last edited by joko104; 01-03-12 at 04:20 PM.

  10. #490
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The discussion is about whether it ought to be. The law can change.



    Please post your polls.



    Saying other people are wrong because they are stupid or dumb is a really lame argument that doesn't make you get taken seriously.
    1.) NO that was not the discussion, the discussion that YOU quoted my post on was about the FACT that abortion is not murder, nice try
    2.) when I get home maybe I will, until then feel free to google "poll: is abortion murder" and look at the results lol
    3.) I am in now way calling them stupid or dumb because i disagree or they are simply wrong LOL nice appeal to emotion but you are being dishonest, they would be stupid or dumb IF they ignore the FACTS and the fact is abortion is not murder.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •