View Poll Results: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it protects her from bearing the rapist's child

    106 92.98%
  • No, that pill is unethical

    8 7.02%
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 552

Thread: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

  1. #421
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    There is literally no logical reason to be against the morning after pill. Even the most religious nut job has no argument against it... not a logical one at least.
    There is at least equal academic opinion and evidence it can cause abortion. No one who holds the usual pro-life philosophy can really support the morning after pill.

    Plus many social conservatives aren't wild about contraceptives anyway, but I suppose that is a different matter.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #422
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,783

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    What do you mean so? If you are pro-life it is logically and obviously murder. All the rest of your post is just pro-choice slogans which beg the question and are pointless. If you reject the pro-life philosophy then of course you won't agree with their position on this, but why just repeat your pro-choice slogans when we are discussing what pro-lifers think and should think?
    If you are pro-life IT IS NOT logically and obviously murder.

    It is logically and obviously murder WHEN IT IS MURDER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #423
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    There is literally no logical reason to be against the morning after pill. Even the most religious nut job has no argument against it... not a logical one at least.
    agreed only repressive ones, they are free to their OPINIONS but thankfully in this regard the laws and country is smarter than that. In america I cant imagine how anybody would want to force a rape victim to carry a baby to term and view that as freedom?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #424
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If you are pro-life IT IS NOT logically and obviously murder.

    It is logically and obviously murder WHEN IT IS MURDER.
    these facts will fall on deaf ears, or be read by blind eyes in this case
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #425
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,783

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    There is at least equal academic opinion and evidence it can cause abortion. No one who holds the usual pro-life philosophy can really support the morning after pill.

    Plus many social conservatives aren't wild about contraceptives anyway, but I suppose that is a different matter.
    That argument can be made... though it is not certain.

    I guess I fall back on logic instead of emotion with regards to what human life actually is. Without consciousness, what are a couple of cells and why are they so important to other people? I will literally never get it. That being said, I wish that all pregnancies would continue unless there was rape or some severe medical condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #426
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If you are pro-life IT IS NOT logically and obviously murder.

    It is logically and obviously murder WHEN IT IS MURDER.
    If you hold the usual pro-life position then you believe a fetus is a person. Killing an innocent person is generally murder. How is it not murder in this case from the usual pro-life perspective. I really don't understand your argument, but at least, unlike Objective-j, you are a somewhat sensible person Bodhi and may give me a proper answer.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #427
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,783

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    agreed only repressive ones, they are free to their OPINIONS but thankfully in this regard the laws and country is smarter than that. In america I cant imagine how anybody would want to force a rape victim to carry a baby to term and view that as freedom?
    '
    Neither can I. It seems literally barbaric and cold to force that issue. Completely contrary to the "forgive thy neighbor" and "love and kindness" teachings of Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #428
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That argument can be made... though it is not certain.
    I guess I fall back on logic instead of emotion with regards to what human life actually is. Without consciousness, what are a couple of cells and why are they so important to other people? I will literally never get it. That being said, I wish that all pregnancies would continue unless there was rape or some severe medical condition.[/QUOTE]Okay, I understand your position. I'm simply unsure why you would have said that only a few could be against the morning after pill and not most pro-lifers.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #429
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    If you hold the usual pro-life position then you believe a fetus is a person. Killing an innocent person is generally murder. How is it not murder in this case from the usual pro-life perspective. I really don't understand your argument, but at least, unlike Objective-j, you are a somewhat sensible person Bodhi and may give me a proper answer.
    LINK? PROOF?
    I want proof that this is the "usual" stance by pro-lifers, probably about 40% of the people I know are pro-life and NONE of them are under the false opinion that its murder

    while you are at it, please prove its murder because I have proved its not, with something called a definition and facts
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-03-12 at 03:52 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #430
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    '
    Neither can I. It seems literally barbaric and cold to force that issue. Completely contrary to the "forgive thy neighbor" and "love and kindness" teachings of Christ.
    yep I agree, also selfish, pompous and hypocritical as an American IMO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •