View Poll Results: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it protects her from bearing the rapist's child

    106 92.98%
  • No, that pill is unethical

    8 7.02%
Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 552

Thread: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

  1. #271
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Respectfully, I believe the developing life is innocent and doesn't deserve to be killed due to the woman's feelings of hatred and rage. Lock the rapist up for life, but let the innocent life live, because it has done no wrong. No one is weighing the woman's life to the developing human's life, regarding death. As for making laws about it, I don't know. The morality of protecting the developing life is not only contained to Christianity and other religions, but secularism as well. To be honest, I don't know what proceedings actions/laws should be made, if any. Someone must protect the innocent.
    The biological symbolitic infestation the rapist violently injected into the woman is not innocent. It is an ongoing increasingly assaultive organism of the rapist. Nor is "innocence" a justifiable defense to assaulting someone for which that person may not defend herself from the assault continued.

    A person has an absolute right to stop a violent assault against her or him - regardless of the "guilt" of the assailant.

    Obviously you have no regard for protecting the only 100% innocent one, the woman. You believe she may assaulted and harmed in every possible way, including extreme and growing pain, permanent disfigurement, denial of the right to have her own child, vagina ripped apart or stomach sliced open and even potentially crippled, sterilized, killed - with you claiming it is NOT her that is innocent, but it is his self-dna biological infestation the rapist violently thrust into her is.

    But, then, men claiming a woman is someone not innocent in a rape such as you do is timeless. No reason to protect the guilty woman, only protect the procreation rights of rapists.

    Despicable sense of "protecting the innocent" in my opinion.

    So, what offense do you claim the woman committed for which she is not innocent? Oh, wait, you claim the ONLY effects of a rapist impregnating a woman and requiring her to carry it to term is - what'd you write? "Feelings of hatred and rage."

    Doctors should be instructed to change to informing pregnant women that the ONLY concerns she should have or address in pregnancy is possible "feelings of hatred and rage." There actually are no physical effects or concerns whatsoever. Pregnancy, labor and childbirth is only an emotional thing, there is no physical element to it. Women really on scream in labor because of anger and the stretch marks and vomitting are only caused by rage. C-sections slicing her open are really just psychological therapy. Really, its all just in her head. I think that is what you just wrote.

    That would have been reassuring to the now as young as 5 year old impregnated by her daily rapist father.
    The little slut, protect that father's innocent zygote! That is not your words or emotions for sure. But it is your moral compass in reality effect.

    I believe that exactly everything of a rapist should be totally destroyed and erased in every possible manner - only limited by the woman's decisions - and rapists have exactly no, none, nada right to procreate by rape. EVER. No moral ideological circumvents that RAPISTS SHOULD ALWAYS LOSE EVERYTHING and certain procreation rights via the raping of women. Call it what you want, but your morality is that the rapist should win his goal of procreation by rape.

    Why do YOU think rapists don't wear a condom 99.9% of the time? What do you think that means? What do you think the effect is if law comes to guarantee women must give birth to a child produced by rape?
    Last edited by joko104; 12-30-11 at 09:31 PM.

  2. #272
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The biological symbolitic infestation the rapist violently injected into the woman is not innocent. It is an ongoing increasingly assaultive organism of the rapist. Nor is "innocence" a justifiable defense to assaulting someone for which that person may not defend herself from the assault continued.

    A person has an absolute right to stop a violent assault against her or him - regardless of the "guilt" of the assailant.

    Obviously you have no regard for protecting the only 100% innocent one, the woman. You believe she may assaulted and harmed in every possible way, including extreme and growing pain, permanent disfigurement, denial of the right to have her own child, vagina ripped apart or stomach sliced open and even potentially crippled, sterilized, killed - with you claiming it is NOT her that is innocent, but it is his self-dna biological infestation the rapist violently thrust into her is.

    But, then, men claiming a woman is someone not innocent in a rape such as you do is timeless. No reason to protect the guilty woman, only protect the procreation rights of rapists.

    Despicable sense of "protecting the innocent" in my opinion.

    So, what offense do you claim the woman committed for which she is not innocent? Oh, wait, you claim the ONLY effects of a rapist impregnating a woman and requiring her to carry it to term is - what'd you write? "Feelings of hatred and rage."

    Doctors should be instructed to change to informing pregnant women that the ONLY concerns she should have or address in pregnancy is possible "feelings of hatred and rage." There actually are no physical effects or concerns whatsoever. Pregnancy and childbirth is only an emotional thing, there is no physical element to it. Really, its all just in her head. I think that is what you just wrote.

    That would have been reassuring to the now as young as 5 year old impregnated by her daily rapist father.
    The little slut, protect that father's innocent zygote! That is not your words or emotions for sure. But it is your moral compass in reality effect.

    I believe that exactly everything of a rapist should be totally destroyed and erased in every possible manner - only limited by the woman's decisions - and rapists have exactly no, none, nada right to procreate by rape. EVER. No moral ideological circumvents that RAPISTS SHOULD ALWAYS LOSE EVERYTHING and certain procreation rights. Call it what you want, but your morality is that the rapist should win his goal of procreation by rape.
    While I think the morning after should be available regardless of rape, I think your view of that developing organism as a disgusting piece of property of the rapist and nothing else wholly reprehensible in itself.

  3. #273
    User Friday13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Last Seen
    01-03-12 @ 12:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    No one should be "required" to take it. Impressive that you claim to know the cause of autism (hereditary disease), because no one else does.
    We have seen the enemy and he is us.

  4. #274
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    This question couldn't have lead to nothing but Roe v. Wade again. Man, if we could only muster this kind of passion in fixing our own problems.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  5. #275
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    While I think the morning after should be available regardless of rape, I think your view of that developing organism as a disgusting piece of property of the rapist and nothing else wholly reprehensible in itself.
    Yeah, this.

    It has whatever meaning the woman assigns it. If that's how she sees it, then that's how it is. If she seems it as something innocent and positive, then that's how it is.

    Don't presume to tell people how they should feel about their own experiences and situations.

    While psychological counseling should certainly be a part of treating any woman who's been raped, especially if they've become pregnant, telling her that what's in her is evil is just another form of coercion. As someone who is pro-choice, I am against all forms of psychological and physical coercion of women in regards to their reproductive choice. Don't you dare tell her how she should feel about it.

  6. #276
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Respectfully, I believe the developing life is innocent and doesn't deserve to be killed due to the woman's feelings of hatred and rage. Lock the rapist up for life, but let the innocent life live, because it has done no wrong. No one is weighing the woman's life to the developing human's life, regarding death. As for making laws about it, I don't know. The morality of protecting the developing life is not only contained to Christianity and other religions, but secularism as well. To be honest, I don't know what proceedings actions/laws should be made, if any. Someone must protect the innocent.
    Why do you keep labeling the zef as "innocent" as if that supports your argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Why is the woman's life more valuable? The fetus is a separate human life form. It therefore has a human nature and, at least potentially, within it all of the full development of a human person. If you get to decide that it is too potential and not actual enough of a human person to be expendable, this seems very arbitrary. Why would such decisions have to stop at the womb?
    Although the definition of person has a subjective quality to it, it is reasonable to assume that a person is more than simply genetically human. What other attributes should an actual person have, in your opinion?

    First of all, it should be independent and able to support its own existence. That is basic. If an organism cannot even breathe on its own, but instead must obtain oxygen and nutrients from a "host," said host is in control. She makes the decision whether or not to allow the ZEF to live.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Why do you keep labeling the zef as "innocent" as if that supports your argument?
    Because it is innocent, and it does support my argument. Otherwise, if it's not innocent but guilty, as Wessexman said, and it's somehow born, are you going to arrest/punish it? No, you won't, because the child isn't guilty but innocent, and has done no wrong for merely existing.

  8. #278
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Because it is innocent, and it does support my argument. Otherwise, if it's not innocent but guilty, as Wessexman said, and it's somehow born, are you going to arrest/punish it? No, you won't, because the child isn't guilty but innocent, and has done no wrong for merely existing.
    It's not about "guilty" or "innocent." A ZEF can be neither. So this is a pointless argument.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    It's not about "guilty" or "innocent." A ZEF can be neither. So this is a pointless argument.
    Respectfully, we see things differently. You see it as a "ZEF," a lump of flesh. My view is not so simple. The zygote is a developing human life, and an innocent one at that. Simply because the developing life is small and dependent on his/her mother does not subtract from the fact that it is a developing human life. So no, Evanescence, this is not a pointless argument. This is a very serious and deep issue. Things are never so simple.

  10. #280
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    I can't believe this has gone on this long. You should be more morally concerned with killing a fly than killing something that has 6 cells. A fly has over a million...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •