View Poll Results: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it protects her from bearing the rapist's child

    106 92.98%
  • No, that pill is unethical

    8 7.02%
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 552

Thread: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

  1. #231
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    No, I believe they are equally important, as human beings. Do you believe a rape victim is more important than a child?
    I believe the rape victim should have 100% control over her own body, and should be able to end the pregnancy at will. She has already lost control of her body because of the rape. Putting her through more is cruel.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  2. #232
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I believe the rape victim should have 100% control over her own body, and should be able to end the pregnancy at will. She has already lost control of her body because of the rape. Putting her through more is cruel.
    If it's murder, it's murder always. If it's not, it's not. Nothing else matters.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #233
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    If it's murder, it's murder always. If it's not, it's not. Nothing else matters.
    It's not murder for one thing. Secondly, there are very few things so black and white in life as you present here.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  4. #234
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    It's not murder for one thing. Secondly, there are very few things so black and white in life as you present here.
    This is though. Rape is not an excuse for murder, if it's murder. If it's not murder, every woman, not just rape victims, should have the right to abort, etc.

    This point is in support of the pro-choice position. Letting anti-abortionists get away with a politically expedient, yet blatantly hypocritical rape exception makes it easier for them to get their way. Don't let them.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #235
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    So says the Taliban.

    This is what those who say women who are raped will have their rapist's babies actually mean:

    1. Just from Bosnia it is known that men will rape women, including on a vast scale, specifically as a punishment and that punishment is to make her pregnant with the rapist's child, with abortion outlawed in Bosnia. Among other results was high levels of suicide among those women. It is also well known otherwise men will force women to sex (rape) and to get her pregnant.

    2. Those who want to outlaw a rape victim from abortion are knowingly creating incentives to rapes that otherwise would not occur. They want laws they know will cause an incentive to rape women and will cause women raped specifically to force her to have the rapist's children. This would include a new class of serial rapists raping as many girls as possible to have dozens or hundreds of children as the ultimate power trip and in a procreation compulsion. The radical pro-lifers are 100% absolutely on the side of serial rapists.

    3. After the rape of a woman to make her pregnant as the goal, they are 100% on the rapist's side and 100% against the woman to the most extreme degree possible. In their god-knowledge proclamations, the absolute worst possible crime any person can commit is a woman who refuses to have rapists babies.
    Joining forces over the rape they caused to happen in the first place, they now continues as the ally of the rapist declaring if the 15 year old doesn't comply with the rapist's demand to bear him a child(ren), she will be a murderer - for which by law now the punishment is life in prison or execution.

    4. In this, to the radical "pro-lifers" (excluding women's right to life) the true criminals are NOT rapists at all, but rather the women who resist their bodies being used by rapists as the rapist's baby factory.

    And why do such people WANT to create motive to rape women to make them pregnant and want to use to full force and power of government to directly join with the rapist to guarentee he gets his prodigy and full punishment against the woman - or as many women as possible in the case of a serial rapist. Pro-lifers want a serial rapist to be able to have dozens and dozens of children because...

    ...they are so morally superior due to insights from God or their own totally superior intellect, that as the voice of God himself he wants God's power of life and death himself. It is the ultimate form of evil and the most common source of evil acts across world history. To them, serial rapists forcing dozens of women to have their children is the will of God and/or natural law.

    REALLY SICKO PEOPLE!

    That is the "MORALS" of such radical "pro-lifers" - who really are just PRO-RAPISTS. In their sick, twisted minds to create incentives for violent men to rape woman individually and to rape as many women as possible to impregnant women - and then to use the government, cops, courts, prisons and executions to absolutely guarentee in advance they are 100% on the rapists' side is the right thing to do.

    They are the Taliban. They are proactive hateful religious ego-maniac control freaks. They are the greatest danger a society faces. Never discount the suffering they would cause - foremost always targeting women and children - if allowed any power. Giving full incentives and total legal support to rapists isn't the only way the would harm women and children if allowed to.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-30-11 at 11:51 AM.

  6. #236
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So says the Taliban.

    This is what those who say women who are raped will have their rapist's babies actually mean:

    1. Just from Bosnia it is known that men will rape women, including on a vast scale, specifically as a punishment and that punishment is to make her pregnant with the rapist's child, with abortion outlawed in Bosnia. Among other results was high levels of suicide among those women. It is also well known otherwise men will force women to sex (rape) and to get her pregnant.

    2. Those who want to outlaw a rape victim from abortion are knowingly creating incentives to rapes that otherwise would not occur. So those such as misterman want to cause an incentive to rape women.

    3. After the rape of a woman to make her pregnant as the goal, misterman is 100% on the rapist's side and 100% against the woman. In his view, the absolute worst possible crime any person can commit is a woman who refuses to have a rapist's baby. Joining forces over the rape misterman caused to happen in the first place, he now continues as the ally of the rapist declaring if the 15 year old doesn't comply with the rapist's demand to bear him a child(ren), she will be a murderer - for which by law now the punishment is life in prison or execution.

    4. In this, to the radical "pro-lifers" (excluding women's right to life) the true criminals are NOT rapists at all, but rather the women who resist their bodies being used by rapists as the rapist's baby factory.

    And why dosuch people WANT to create motive to rape women to make them pregnant and want to use to full force and power of government to directly join with the rapist to guarentee he gets his prodigy and full punishment against the woman - or women in the case of a serial rapist. Pro-lifers want a serial rapist to be able to have dozens and dozens of children.

    The rational is that they are so morally superior due to insights from God or their own totally superior intellect, that as the voice of God himself he wants God's power of life and death himself. It is the ultimate form of evil and the most common source of evil acts across world history.

    That is the "MORALS" of such radical "pro-lifers" - who really are just PRO-RAPISTS. In their sick, twisted minds to create incentives for violent men to rape woman individually and to rape as many women as possible to impregnant women - and then to use the government, cops, courts, prisons and executions to absolutely guarentee in advance they are 100% on the rapists' side is the right thing to do.

    They are the Taliban. They are proactive hateful religious ego-maniac control freaks. They are the greatest danger a society faces. Never discount the suffering they would cause - foremost always targeting women and children - if allowed any power. Giving full incentives and total legal support to rapists isn't the only way the would harm women and children if allowed to.
    Give it a rest already.

    Either abortion is murder - in which case, all of the above is a load of emotional crap you're using to justify murdering babies - or abortion is not murder, in which case women should be able to abort for any reason, from rape to simple convenience, and all of what you wrote is true, but a bit overblown.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104
    2. Those who want to outlaw a rape victim from abortion are knowingly creating incentives to rapes that otherwise would not occur. So those such as misterman want to cause an incentive to rape women.
    How does it incentive rape?

  8. #238
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    (EDIT... misterman I understand your point of not letting them slip around with inclusions and exceptions, but I do not accept they can make the issue as simple as their slogan. I misread your message initially, so some below may be wrongly seemingly directed at you. No time left to fully rewrite...)

    It is not the simplicity you declare at all. It is not different than to declare killing someone is "murder" or it is not.

    In your logic, therefore there is no difference between a criminal who kills someone, a person who does so in self defense, or a soldier in war. Either killing someone is murder or it is not - no exception - so either ALL killings are illegal OR all killings are murder. By your reasoning, there should not even be discussion otherwise because it is fact that killing is "murder" - period.

    Then having asserted that, you claim there is no discussion because murder is always wrong. So either we disband the military, police and all people - or not - as an absolute one way or the other.

    NONSENSE!

    THAT is your simplistic logic/ethics. You absolutely draw no distinction between "destroying," "killing" and "murder." All are "murder" to you. OR all are not. Few other people lack the ability to make the distinction between those "deaths" nor see them all as "murder.

    Pro-lifers absolutely never want any reality outside their slogans and definitions to be considered - finding ways to declare reality irrelevant in face of their beliefs and idelogy.

    It is religion, whether theocratic or not. The reasoning that if something is the will of God, or inherently moral or immoral just because it is - then any and all considerations of reality of the dictates and demands are therefore always irrelevant.

    This leads to your argument of "if a person BELIEVES abortion is murder" - so then absolutely all rational discussion in terms of reality must stop. Rather,only whas is allowed is debating the abstractions of "belief" and doing so on slogans and terminology terms only - with reality strictly forbidden. To determine power over others based on "belief" and "faith."

    The reason I so focus on reality - not just the "it's murder or not" debate - is because reality is the true enemy of religious and idelogical zealotry being imposed on others.

    Reality is what can bring other people to their senses by pointing out this is what they REALLY want to do TO PEOPLE with their slogans and beliefs they want to forcibly impose on everyone.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-30-11 at 12:19 PM.

  9. #239
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Sorry misterman, the forum is loading SO slowly I ran out of time editting the above to take focus off you fully for my initial misreading.

    My disagreement with you is that we should not allow this to be debated only on abstract religious or moral slogans and platitudes. Rather, UNLESS just a religious discussion to no implimentation ends - it must be discussed primarily in terms of REALITY and REAL EFFECT, not beliefs, prejudices and personal divine insights.
    I guess that's my point and why I keep pointing out real effects of their ideology/religion they want to use the government to force upon everyone - or rather upon every girl and woman.

    Their belief that leads them to declare 40+ million American women are "murderers" of their own children and the other realities can not irrelevancies at all.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,795

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Why is that immoral?
    immoral [ɪˈmɒrəl]
    adj
    1. transgressing accepted moral rules; corrupt
    2. sexually dissolute; profligate or promiscuous
    3. unscrupulous or unethical immoral trading
    4. tending to corrupt or resulting from corruption an immoral film immoral earnings
    immorally adv


    immoral - definition of immoral by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

    Isn't saying that "I killed your son" transgressing accepted moral rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •