View Poll Results: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it protects her from bearing the rapist's child

    106 92.98%
  • No, that pill is unethical

    8 7.02%
Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 552

Thread: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

  1. #191
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Or, to talk like a sensible person with a modicum of common sense for a second; there is at least equal, academic opinion and evidence the morning after pill is an abortifacient. Therefore, according to the common pro-life position it may kill an unborn child or person. It is abhorrent to blame this unborn child for its father being a rapist and killing it. If you agree a child may be killed, why is its okay to kill it because its father was a rapist? It doesn't make any sense at all.

    You may disagree with certain parts of this reasoning, but that is no excuse to abandon all common sense and decency in favour of the kind of nonsensical screed you have just served up.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 12-29-11 at 10:10 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #192
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    These are among the reasons why the most extreme "pro-life" - meaning pro-rapist - advocates are quite immoral. They literally are wannabe accomplishes to rape and what to join in to radically increase the suffering and harm to the woman as much as possible. You want to maximize the rapist's success potential in degrading, controlling and dominating the woman because rapists are the most pro-life of all.
    I am pro-choice. But this is pathetic.

    Someone who is pro-life simply believes the fetus is just like a person, and to abort is to murder. Making up this inflammatory strawman doesn't help resolve the debate.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #193
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    I disagree with your selective morality explanation.

    A person can be morally/ethically judged by the KNOWN results of what they advocate.
    EVERYTHING I WROTE is a KNOWN result of requiring a woman to bear a rapist's child. ALL OF IT.
    A person can not make an advocacy and then just discard the known effects that they don't like. They morally buy all of it. ALL results.

    Those who claim "life begins at conception" and therefore a man can rape a woman to force her to have his child is not a result such "pro-life" people can just ignore their moral responsibility for. It IS WHAT THEY ADVOCATE. So I call it what it is.

    Morality is NOT based on a person's slogans, it is based upon the known final effects. Thus, if they advocate something leading to a known result, they WANT that known result.

    There is no denying that wanting to require a woman to have rapist's babies is just that - wanting women to have rapist babies. To claim their morality or "intention" exempts them from the consequences they would cause is NOT a free pass they get to have.

    They ARE morally responsible for the KNOWN results they promote, and because they promote those results it is 100% accurate to state they want those results.

    THEY DO NOT GET A FREE MORAL PASS ON THE RESULTS THEY DEMAND HAPPEN.

    That also is the standard of civil and criminal liability. You are ALWAYS responsible for ALL KNOWN effects of your actions - not just those you want considered and not those results you want to exclude.

    In fact, they WANT women to have rapist's babies and all that comes from it. I am 100% accurate in stating so. They can claim they are saving a baby in their view, but they also are morally responsible for the rest of it too. They can't selectively pick and exclude the consequences in being evaluated for their morality - rather than their insistance of only they morally judge others only in categories they select, themselves exempt from moral judgement of all consequences they want to cause.

    They can claim what they see as moral good, but they can not declare moral evil also resulting doesn't count so they are exempt from moral judgement of it.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-29-11 at 11:40 AM.

  4. #194
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I disagree with your selective morality explanation.

    A person can be morally/ethically judged by the KNOWN results of what they advocate.
    EVERYTHING I WROTE is a KNOWN result of requiring a woman to bear a rapist's child. ALL OF IT.
    But what matters is what you left out.

    If you believe that a fetus is a baby, then that easily trumps all the other things you brought up. To a person who believes that, abortion is the same as killing a baby after it is born. You wouldn't say that a baby conceived of rape can be killed. Nor would you say that to not let the mother kill it would be "controlling" her or all that stuff. Even if you did, you wouldn't claim that the interests of a mother outweigh the life of a baby simply because the mother didn't want the baby.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #195
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But what matters is what you left out.

    If you believe that a fetus is a baby, then that easily trumps all the other things you brought up. To a person who believes that, abortion is the same as killing a baby after it is born. You wouldn't say that a baby conceived of rape can be killed. Nor would you say that to not let the mother kill it would be "controlling" her or all that stuff. Even if you did, you wouldn't claim that the interests of a mother outweigh the life of a baby simply because the mother didn't want the baby.
    My answer is so what? I do not have to accept THEIR perspective as my own and then debate from THEIR perspective - which is only suppositions based upon their beliefs. By that EXACT logic, they can claim gays should be executed because that is their BELIEF - then rage when pointing out the fact doing so is murder.

    "I believe" justifies NOTHING to anyone but him/herself.

    What I am pointing out is that even in their bizarre BELIEF of a single cell constitutes a human life and all civil and human rights involved comes at the expense of massive levels of enduring evil that is NOT based on ideology and religion. Rather, the evils I point to are absolutes. Those aren't debatable. They are facts.

    Their same arguements were used for centuries to outlaw birth control too. Afterall, birth control caused eggs and sperm - "life in the making" - also single cells - to die.

    I don't have to respect their religious or philosophical BELIEFS in my presenting the FACTUALLY KNOWN results they insist - therefore want - to happen.

    What I am doing? I'm pointing out the known, undisputable great evils what they WANT to happen are - they wanting those to happen because of their ideology/religion based solely on their personal "beliefs" they want to use government to force the consequences on everyone else.

    My direct response? Notice the great consternation at my pointing out the results they promote, therefore want? HOW DARE I POINT OUT FACTS! to challenge the morality of their ideology? They DO NOT WANT FACTS in the debate. They want to argue only over slogans and only those they select.

    Doesn't work that way.

    And the operative word on their side? You wrote it: "believe." Their view is based on "their belief." My presentation is not on my personal "beliefs." It is based upon absolute facts of the effects and realities of requiring a woman to have a rapist's baby.

    I do not have to give respect to their beliefs as legitimate anymore than I have to give respect to as legitimate to a satan-worshipper. To be offended by my pointing out absolute certain facts of what results from what they advocate isn't off point or rude. It is the core of the issue. I point out the FACTS of what they want to force upon others based upon their own personal "beliefs."

    Sure, they don't like FACTS, they only want to debate THEIR beliefs. They are offended by FACTS. FACTS are entirely against their beliefs.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-29-11 at 11:58 AM.

  6. #196
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    My answer is so what? I do not have to accept THEIR perspective as my own and then debate from THEIR perspective - which is only suppositions based upon their beliefs.
    Of course you don't.

    But you're busy demanding that they debate from YOUR perspective.

    Which means it's the perspective that must be debated, not the conclusions based on two completely different perspectives.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  7. #197
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Or, to talk like a sensible person with a modicum of common sense for a second; there is at least equal, academic opinion and evidence the morning after pill is an abortifacient. Therefore, according to the common pro-life position it may kill an unborn child or person. It is abhorrent to blame this unborn child for its father being a rapist and killing it. If you agree a child may be killed, why is its okay to kill it because its father was a rapist? It doesn't make any sense at all.

    You may disagree with certain parts of this reasoning, but that is no excuse to abandon all common sense and decency in favour of the kind of nonsensical screed you have just served up.
    Do you believe the fetus is more important than the rape victim?
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  8. #198
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    I understand your point, but I am not demanding they debate.

    There is no debate with someone who claims their opinion is based upon "belief." That is a nonsensical debate. They can believe anything they want to for whatever reason they do.

    Some Hindus believe all life is sacred. If I, accordingly advocate criminalizing killing any life, it entirely reasonable for others to point out the effects of my attempting to impose my belief on other's results in - disease, starvation, a ravaged environment...

    There are no words to "debate" the truth of such a Hindu view. That is a belief system.

    I'm posting about facts and known reality - univerally known to all.

    What I am doing is presenting my view of the FACTS - the KNOWN results of what they want to happen based solely upon their beliefs that they want to use the full force of government to impose on everyone else.

    Therefore, it is most relevant of all to keep in mind exactly what - in fact - they do want to force on others for their own personal beliefs.

  9. #199
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Do you believe the fetus is more important than the rape victim?
    No, I do not "believe" that. Nor do I think my "belief" is relevant. Its not my fetus and I'm not the victim.

    If they wanted to pass some law that a woman has to give her aborted fetus to the government to try to save or otherwise do with as it pleases? I could go along with that maybe.

    Since you keep talking about babies, a woman can give away a baby for adoption. Since a fetus and baby are identical according to them, then the woman should be able to give the fetus up too. THis includes at birth. Therefore, requiring the woman to give up the fetus in an abortion no different. Requiring her let the hospital keep to fetus is ok with me.

    Afterall, they claim they are the same as any other baby.

  10. #200
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should a rape victim be able to take the morning after pill?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I understand your point, but I am not demanding they debate.
    Exactly. You're just presuming that your view is right.

    There is only one issue in the abortion debate - when does a person become a person? Everything else flows from that. Assuming one or the other and then arguing from that is pointless. If the fetus is just a thing, the woman has an absolute right to control her own body. If it's a person, then she has no such rights because they don't outweigh the right of a baby (fetus) not to be murdered. No middle ground, and no point to debating anything else.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •