View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again so what? Keep making excuses.



    Not in this case you don't. Again no real argument. Are you going to ignore Gie's post as well as the actual numbers I presented?
    The answer is yes. Something else he is going to ignore is the fact he spent a lot of time claiming having photo ID laws would "disenfranchise" voters. Though by the definition of the word in King's English that is not so. And of course for the really brilliant finish, he is going to ignore he has directly admitted, even kinda crowed about it, that not only did voters not get "disenfranchised" in the states that adopted voter ID laws in 2008, but 2008 saw "record" voter turnout. Directly refuting the so called concerns and studies (suddenly the whole "control the variables" argument is jettisoned) that voter ID laws would have a chilling and dangerous effect on voter turnout. And it really is that simple and just that stupid.

    teamossil does not have an argument, has refuted and contradicted himself and his so called argument. So he will just try to change the argument so he can argue some more. He has no point, at this point, the case he tried to make has not only been refuted by you but himself. So it is "internet argument" time. Which is the reason I thought I'd ask a simple common sense question to see if he had the stones to "try" to answer it. Which was, aside from helping demonstrate the stated case in opposition to voter ID laws has been debunked with his assistance, what case it is he thinks he has made?

    I believe any thinking rationale person, regardless their political lean can see that the answer to the questions is, another long winded multi week "internet argument". That lacks any intellectual honesty but does demonstrate that you can lead a donkey to water but you can't make that donkey drink. Particularly when that donkey had no intentions of quenching his intellectual thirst in the first place. It's just the fact that he has no real argument, though I'll bet you real money he will still keep arguing none the less. You don't need to be clairvoyant to predict that.

  2. #812
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Justice Dept. Cites Race in Halting Law Over Voter ID

    "The Justice Department on Friday blocked a new South Carolina law that would require voters to present photo identification, saying the law would disproportionately suppress turnout among eligible minority voters."

    "He cited data supplied by the state as showing that there were “81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack” such identification, and that these voters are nearly 20 percent more likely be “disenfranchised” by the change than white voters."

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/24/us...-carolina.html
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #813
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,546

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Justice Dept. Cites Race in Halting Law Over Voter ID

    "The Justice Department on Friday blocked a new South Carolina law that would require voters to present photo identification, saying the law would disproportionately suppress turnout among eligible minority voters."

    "He cited data supplied by the state as showing that there were “81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack” such identification, and that these voters are nearly 20 percent more likely be “disenfranchised” by the change than white voters."

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/24/us...-carolina.html
    Post #781 and #784: #3 The worst case scenarios's have all been found unconstitutional or had the courts stop the law during litigation. So the system IS working.

    I agree with their reasons for halting it until a review can be done. The system appears to be working AS I HAVE SAID to many times.

    Thanks for proving my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #814
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree with their reasons for halting it until a review can be done.
    Great, me too!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Post #781 and #784: #3 The worst case scenarios's have all been found unconstitutional or had the courts stop the law during litigation. So the system IS working.

    I agree with their reasons for halting it until a review can be done. The system appears to be working AS I HAVE SAID to many times.

    Thanks for proving my point.
    And so goes the "internet argument" these two have made and then botched. They can't follow your argument or their own, need things pointed out, bolded highlighted, repeated and boldly highlighted again, repeated and highlighted in bold red and pointed out to them again. Of course it does not affect their opinion one iota, check back the next time the topic comes up and they will be making the exact same argument again and demonstrating that facts don't trump their ideology. One of them just slithers off to the next idiotic internet argument while the other cherry picks your last repeated debunking of his "worst case" argument to offer the closest thing his internet pride will allow him to say. "Great, me too." Dittoheads regurgitating fallacious arguments and unable to respond like honest grown ups and even admit they have no command of the facts that surround their now debunked hand wringing. They can though, use a search engine to see what others were trying to argue against the ID laws were saying and they came back here and laid some internet vomit on us. Too bad they did not bother to check to see that the arguments they were cribbing from were not very informed or current ones. It would probably help if they could read a little better, but slowing down and *thinking* instead of knee jerking out a fast reply is the MO in a "internet argument".

  6. #816
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,546

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    And so goes the "internet argument" these two have made and then botched. They can't follow your argument or their own, need things pointed out, bolded highlighted, repeated and boldly highlighted again, repeated and highlighted in bold red and pointed out to them again. Of course it does not affect their opinion one iota, check back the next time the topic comes up and they will be making the exact same argument again and demonstrating that facts don't trump their ideology. One of them just slithers off to the next idiotic internet argument while the other cherry picks your last repeated debunking of his "worst case" argument to offer the closest thing his internet pride will allow him to say. "Great, me too." Dittoheads regurgitating fallacious arguments and unable to respond like honest grown ups and even admit they have no command of the facts that surround their now debunked hand wringing. They can though, use a search engine to see what others were trying to argue against the ID laws were saying and they came back here and laid some internet vomit on us. Too bad they did not bother to check to see that the arguments they were cribbing from were not very informed or current ones. It would probably help if they could read a little better, but slowing down and *thinking* instead of knee jerking out a fast reply is the MO in a "internet argument".
    Seems like you have a pretty good handle on things... for a centrist, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #817
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Seems like you have a pretty good handle on things... for a centrist, lol.
    Ha ha. I sure don't fit "conservative" or "liberal" either, there really could be more choices for that in the profile when you set it up. Oh well, so far I've had some dust ups with a little bit of of all political leans here so far. It is not my fault that the posters pushing this hackery are two of the more prominent self identified liberals that post all over the forum. And yes, I have noticed that a lot of their post are idiotic internet arguments just like these in this thread. In fact most of what I see at DP are idiotic internet arguments IMO and I call 'em like I see 'em.

    EDIT- Why is it, do you suppose, that only the tie dyed died in the wool woolly super lefties are the only ones making these empty specious arguments and crying foul? Moderates and everyone else see the common sense need to shore up our election laws with regard to proving you are not only who you say you are, but that you have the right (see felons) to vote? Clearly from what we see here, no good reason really, just a lot of ginned up turd blossoms of arguments. and reasons.
    Last edited by Gie; 01-17-12 at 07:26 PM.

  8. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Justice Dept. Cites Race in Halting Law Over Voter ID

    "The Justice Department on Friday blocked a new South Carolina law that would require voters to present photo identification, saying the law would disproportionately suppress turnout among eligible minority voters."

    "He cited data supplied by the state as showing that there were “81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack” such identification, and that these voters are nearly 20 percent more likely be “disenfranchised” by the change than white voters."

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/24/us...-carolina.html
    This is an example of the "Department-to-Re-elect-the-one-term-Marxist-president-Barack-Hussein-Obama's" meddling in one state's affairs. We have got to get the federal government off of our backs.

    He cannot win without the opportunity to cheat.

  9. #819
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is an example of the "Department-to-Re-elect-the-one-term-Marxist-president-Barack-Hussein-Obama's" meddling in one state's affairs. We have got to get the federal government off of our backs.

    He cannot win without the opportunity to cheat.
    The audacity of an administration that seeks to protect the rights of minorities!!!! How horrible that must be for you!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #820
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The audacity of an administration that seeks to protect the rights of minorities!!!! How horrible that must be for you!!!
    How goofy of you to think anything this regime does is for the benefit of anybody other than the one term Marxist president Barack Hussein Obama.

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •