View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #61
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    'Maybe not for you, however for many people it who are old and infirm it's not quite that easy. Many photo-ids require a birth certificate which might have been lost and it's costly to replace them.
    Horse****. Those old and infirmed folks HAVE their IDs and are using them to get their basic services. You people are comical. ANYTHING to preserve that voter fraud baby!

  2. #62
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    From 2002-2005, only 70 people were convicted of federal-election related crimes, so that's not "many" and certainly not enough to constitute an actual threat to the election system.

    In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - New York Times
    Since when did this become about "Federal Only?"

    Nice try leaving out state and local where most fraud occurs.


    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    When did I say we should not enforce laws? When did I say that those guilty of fraud should not be prosecuted? Way to put words in my mouth. Good job.
    I put nothing in your mouth, I asked two questions. That's what the little "?" means at the end of a sentence.

    You said "That's great. Thousands of cases that accuse people of voter fraud are thrown out every year."

    To which I replied "And many are not, so what? Many cases of murder, assault and robbery are thrown out, so we should just not enforce laws because some are thrown out?"

    Nice try again, but no cigar.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Why would there be "mass production" when voter fraud doesn't even exist on a "massive scale"? I'm sorry that you think the fact that people who are ridiculous enough to commit fraud now won't find a way to do it with IDs is "dumb".
    That is not what I said not at all. You really need to read what I said and not imagine things as you have been so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Good way to not address the point by stereotyping and making assumptions. A+ analysis.
    I said "If they seem to have no problem getting them to get food stamps etc. I see no problem."

    If you are not going to reply truthfully and stop making **** up, don't bother.

    You are wrong, period. You know this and are now making up stupid **** and trying to play some kind of silly game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    James, your trying to draw me into an irrelevant issue. The topic is about ID to vote.
    Nothing irrelevant about it.If requiring someone to show ID to vote is a form of discrimination then so is requiring someone to show ID to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.Is showing a ID a form of discrimination or isn't it?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #64
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    I voted no, although i wouldn't care to much about it either way. you have a voting card, that should be enough. what if you don't have a driver's license, maybe your taking an extreme greed stance, and you don't drink or smoke, and you never go on planes? oh well, to bad for you then? hell no. voting is a right, getting a drivers license is not, getting on a plane is not a right etc etc, if its a right all you should need is to be a citizen, thats it.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Since when did this become about "Federal Only?"

    Nice try leaving out state and local where most fraud occurs.
    Nice try? LOL, somebody didn't read the OP:

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Should people have to show their photo ID in order to vote in US presidential elections? Why or why not?
    I put nothing in your mouth, I asked two questions. That's what the little "?" means at the end of a sentence.

    You said "That's great. Thousands of cases that accuse people of voter fraud are thrown out every year."

    To which I replied "And many are not, so what? Many cases of murder, assault and robbery are thrown out, so we should just not enforce laws because some are thrown out?"

    Nice try again, but no cigar.
    I'm not trying anything. I didn't say anything about enforcing or not enforcing laws. The question was either putting words in my mouth or random as hell.

    That is not what I said not at all. You really need to read what I said and not imagine things as you have been so far.
    You said, "I don't see mass production of fake id's for voter fraud happening anytime soon. So yes I ignored it because it is baseless and a really dumb argument." Why would it matter if you don't see "mass production" of fake id's happening and why is my argument dumb since it did not rest on the premise of mass production at all?

    I said "If they seem to have no problem getting them to get food stamps etc. I see no problem."

    If you are not going to reply truthfully and stop making **** up, don't bother.

    You are wrong, period. You know this and are now making up stupid **** and trying to play some kind of silly game.
    I misinterpreted this. My bad.

  6. #66
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Nothing irrelevant about it.If requiring someone to show ID to vote is a form of discrimination then so is requiring someone to show ID to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.Is showing a ID a form of discrimination or isn't it?
    that is way different, you are purchasing a weapon, that all you have to do, to kill someone, is to pull your damn finger, so yeah, for THAT right, your going to need everything from a background check to a photo id and such.

  7. #67
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    uhm I get asked for ID everytime I vote and sometimes they ask me to confirm my address.

    Guess thats not the norm?
    SO is this the norm or not, Im confused on this issue. I know its not the law but for mr its the norm, happens everytime I vote here in Pittsburgh?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    SO is this the norm or not, Im confused on this issue. I know its not the law but for mr its the norm, happens everytime I vote here in Pittsburgh?
    No, I usually just have to sign something that matches my voter registration signature. I carry my ID just in case, but I've never had to show it.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The voter fraud problem in the US is greatly exaggerated and it will just end up being transferred to fake IDs under these conditions. Yeah, baseless or specious, more precisely.
    Interestingly enough it is harder to get a fake ID and more costly to get one than it is to go to the DMV and get a real ID card. Last I knew in my area it cost something like 15-20 dollars to get an ID card. I read somewhere that it costs around $100 dollars just for a fake drivers license....once you find someone willing to do it....which do you think is more likely to happen?

    Not saying that there won't be fake ID's used....illegals pay for em all the time.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    'Maybe not for you, however for many people it who are old and infirm it's not quite that easy. Many photo-ids require a birth certificate which might have been lost and it's costly to replace them.
    I replaced mine not long ago...$10 for a filing fee and another $10 for ...well, can't remember now. But $20 bucks is not costly. And it would be a simple matter to get the infirm an ID. Just do what my area does...provide someone from the dmv that can come out to thier home and deal with the necessary work.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •