View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #641
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    To limit people that would not vote for conservatives. It could hardly be more clear. Just another reason to vote out the conservatives in the next two elections.
    That is ridicules to say the least. Most of my family are progressive/liberal including my wife. I imagine most people (conservatives and progressives) don't want to disfranchise anyone.

    I mean the poll itself is pretty telling. The majority of independents, liberals, libertarians and conservatives have no problem with it. Only people who are just partisan hacks are stead fast against or for it. Those of us with no agenda just think it is a good idea with the proper limitations so it does not become a burden. Like the article I posted said of the 2008 election "those affected by ID laws (could not vote) were a fraction of a percent." Not 5,000,000 people as the report that "guessed" at the number reported in 2006.

    So here you have a study vs the actual election and the election proved that states with ID laws had no problems at all. It also shows without a doubt the effects on voter turnout were "negligible" at best.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-28-11 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #642
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,914

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    Why would any American be happy that large numbers of ineligible non citizens are allowed to vote when they have no right to do so?
    What evidence can you provide that makes you think

    1- the situation exists in the first place
    2- any American is happy about such a problem
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #643
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What evidence can you provide that makes you think

    1- the situation exists in the first place
    2- any American is happy about such a problem
    When you demonstrate that you actually read and understood my first post to you and reply to it, I'll be glad to reply to questions and comments that come up organically from the exchange. I'm not going to be in the 30 posts a day club with you, time is money and you won't be wasting mine with that approach.

  4. #644
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Tell me what other criminal fraud we do as good of job preventing as we currently do with voter fraud?
    The a little fraud never hurt anyone slant was yours not mine. Same thing for the "devastate" argument nobody made. If I thought your argument was poor and unpersuasive before.......................

  5. #645
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,914

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    When you demonstrate that you actually read and understood my first post to you and reply to it, I'll be glad to reply to questions and comments that come up organically from the exchange. I'm not going to be in the 30 posts a day club with you, time is money and you won't be wasting mine with that approach.
    It looks like that is your way of saying the situation does not exist in the first place thus no American needs to worry about it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It looks like that is your way of saying the situation does not exist in the first place thus no American needs to worry about it.
    If you refuse to engage my actual post I don't know what to say. Except oh well. Good bye.

    EDIT: OR you could answer the original question I asked you.

    Also, please share how requiring voters to show ID, proving they are whom they say they are and have the right to vote, disfranchises "voters". Ahead of time you can label me as quite happy that those being "disenfranchised" are those who have no right to be participating in the voting process in the first place. Requiring an ID from a citizen to vote only disenfranchises non citizens from voting, a necessary and long overdue part of election reform. Since the various ID requirements across the states enjoy bi partisan support, trying to pin this on one party of the other would be foolish.

    How you got that is my way of saying the situation does not exist in the first place so America does not need to worry about, says something about your so called argument. Does it not?
    Last edited by Gie; 12-28-11 at 07:19 PM.

  7. #647
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,914

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    If you refuse to engage my actual post I don't know what to say. Except oh well. Good bye.

    EDIT: OR you could answer the original question I asked you.

    Also, please share how requiring voters to show ID, proving they are whom they say they are and have the right to vote, disfranchises "voters". Ahead of time you can label me as quite happy that those being "disenfranchised" are those who have no right to be participating in the voting process in the first place. Requiring an ID from a citizen to vote only disenfranchises non citizens from voting, a necessary and long overdue part of election reform. Since the various ID requirements across the states enjoy bi partisan support, trying to pin this on one party of the other would be foolish.

    How you got that is my way of saying the situation does not exist in the first place so America does not need to worry about, says something about your so called argument. Does it not?
    I most certainly did speak to your original post #638. The very first lines of your post 638 were as follows

    Why would any American be happy that large numbers of ineligible non citizens are allowed to vote when they have no right to do so?

    I spoke right to that in asking you the following


    What evidence can you provide that makes you think

    1- the situation exists in the first place
    2- any American is happy about such a problem


    That is 100% speaking directly to the very first thought you made in your post. I engaged your post right from the first sentence. And you have yet to reply to that, instead engaging in smoke and mirrors and attempting to ask me questions why you yourself refuse to even defend what you wrote in your first sentence.

    Perhaps you are familiar with the expression FIRST THINGS FIRST?
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-28-11 at 07:47 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #648
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I most certainly did speak to your original post #638. The very first lines of your post 638 were as follows




    I spoke right to that in asking you the following


    What evidence can you provide that makes you think

    1- the situation exists in the first place
    2- any American is happy about such a problem


    That is 100% speaking directly to the very first thought you made in your post. I engaged your post right from the first sentence. And you have yet to reply to that, instead engaging in smoke and mirrors and attempting to ask me questions why you yourself refuse to even defend what you wrote in your first sentence.

    Perhaps you are familiar with the expression FIRST THINGS FIRST?
    Now you really are choosing to be obtuse IMO. Even ignoring that you have tried to place me both as saying there is a problem and saying there is not a problem, added to the fact you won't answer my twice repeated question, I can see where this is going. Goodbye.

  9. #649
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,914

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    Now you really are choosing to be obtuse IMO. Even ignoring that you have tried to place me both as saying there is a problem and saying there is not a problem, added to the fact you won't answer my twice repeated question, I can see where this is going. Goodbye.
    first things first

    I most certainly did speak to your original post #638. The very first lines of your post 638 were as follows

    Why would any American be happy that large numbers of ineligible non citizens are allowed to vote when they have no right to do so?
    I spoke right to that in asking you the following


    What evidence can you provide that makes you think

    1- the situation exists in the first place
    2- any American is happy about such a problem


    That is 100% speaking directly to the very first thought you made in your post. I engaged your post right from the first sentence. And you have yet to reply to that, instead engaging in smoke and mirrors and attempting to ask me questions why you yourself refuse to even defend what you wrote in your first sentence.

    Perhaps you are familiar with the expression FIRST THINGS FIRST?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #650
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    The a little fraud never hurt anyone slant was yours not mine. Same thing for the "devastate" argument nobody made. If I thought your argument was poor and unpersuasive before.......................
    That's what I thought, you can't come with any other criminal fraud that we do as good a job of preventing than we currently do with voter fraud.

    Thanks for playing.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •