View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #601
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I agree that elections have consequences. The question then becomes does an election justify all the things that then flow from it.
    If not then what? And if it does not would you agree that there are ramification for 'overstepping' the desires of the electorate? I mean really, what purpose would elections have if not promoting the desires of the electorate.

  2. #602
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    If not then what? And if it does not would you agree that there are ramification for 'overstepping' the desires of the electorate? I mean really, what purpose would elections have if not promoting the desires of the electorate.
    there may be. there may not be. In many cases you cannot demonstrate a clear connection between the winning of an election, the desires or the electorate and the program which comes out in legislation.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #603
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    When you stop laughing can you please explain to all here what that election result has to do with evidence of voter fraud?

    If you read a bit further in Wikipedia you would find a detailed summary of what happened in that election



    What happened had nothing to do with voter fraud and there is no evidence which says there was.

    What? Nothing to do with voter fraud? It is the essence of voter fraud. It was the Democrat powers in the State that conveniently forgot that the State had a Constitution and laws. But if they could cheat, lie by criminally breaking the spirit and letter of the law BUT get a Democrat elected, that was all that mattered.

    That is the essence of voter fraud. All you as a Liberal see, is another Democrat "elected" to the Senate.

    If it was not for the double standard Democrats would have no standards at all.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  4. #604
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    What? Nothing to do with voter fraud? It is the essence of voter fraud. It was the Democrat powers in the State that conveniently forgot that the State had a Constitution and laws. But if they could cheat, lie by criminally breaking the spirit and letter of the law BUT get a Democrat elected, that was all that mattered.

    That is the essence of voter fraud. All you as a Liberal see, is another Democrat "elected" to the Senate.

    If it was not for the double standard Democrats would have no standards at all.
    If that is your allegation, you will have no problems at all of citing the law in that state and where it was violated with voter fraud. I await your evidence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #605
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    there may be. there may not be. In many cases you cannot demonstrate a clear connection between the winning of an election, the desires or the electorate and the program which comes out in legislation.
    That’s true, in many cases I feel that either the electorate does not stay engaged to connect their desires to the legislation or, even more disturbing, they listen to the talking heads (foxnews, msnbc, etal) explain to them how legislation is connected to them. Both sides have the same issue with this. Ultimately the system allows for correction i.e. Wisconsin and Ohio recalls/referendums. I suggest those who feel strong enough about this to stand up and participate in getting the voter ID laws repealed. Anything less is wasteful whining.

    As to the OP, my wife and I support the voter ID legislation in our state. It was not a platform that the pols ran on but we support it none the less. If the poll workers in our area used the technique used in yours I would feel uneasy depending on them to be ‘signature experts’ to validate ones identity. We feel that the showing a ‘dependable‘ identification alleviates their responsibility to judge one’s eligibility to vote.

  6. #606
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If that is your allegation, you will have no problems at all of citing the law in that state and where it was violated with voter fraud. I await your evidence.
    Well why don't we start with the fact that the Missouri State Constitution says a person has to run for an elective office. The body of what use to be a person is not a person but a body. That by anyone's (not Democrats however) is voter/election fraud.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  7. #607
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    That’s true, in many cases I feel that either the electorate does not stay engaged to connect their desires to the legislation or, even more disturbing, they listen to the talking heads (foxnews, msnbc, etal) explain to them how legislation is connected to them. Both sides have the same issue with this. Ultimately the system allows for correction i.e. Wisconsin and Ohio recalls/referendums. I suggest those who feel strong enough about this to stand up and participate in getting the voter ID laws repealed. Anything less is wasteful whining.

    As to the OP, my wife and I support the voter ID legislation in our state. It was not a platform that the pols ran on but we support it none the less. If the poll workers in our area used the technique used in yours I would feel uneasy depending on them to be ‘signature experts’ to validate ones identity. We feel that the showing a ‘dependable‘ identification alleviates their responsibility to judge one’s eligibility to vote.
    I guess I fall on the side of pragmatics. The system works, has worked for quite a well and will - in all probable likelyhood - continue to work without voter ID.

    Regarding your statement about voter correction and whining ---- while I can understand and sympathize, I do think that recalls like in Wisconsin and referendum like in Ohio, begin as whining and complaining and that stage of just bitching is part of the process. If it gets loud enough and gets enough citizens angered, then it is taken to the next level.

    I certainly agree with you that the voters and citizens need to be far more engaged than many are.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #608
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Well why don't we start with the fact that the Missouri State Constitution says a person has to run for an elective office. The body of what use to be a person is not a person but a body. That by anyone's (not Democrats however) is voter/election fraud.
    A person did run for office and get on the ballot. The law was followed to the letter. It was Missouri State Law which would not allow his name to be removed after his death three weeks before the general election. That also was a following of the law.

    There was no fraud involved and you have not presented any. The article from wikikpedia that I submitted to you made it very very clear that his wife continued the campaign and the people who voted knew two things - they were voting for a dead man and his wife would be appointed should he win in death. There was no fraud of any type.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #609
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    A person did run for office and get on the ballot. The law was followed to the letter. It was Missouri State Law which would not allow his name to be removed after his death three weeks before the general election. That also was a following of the law.

    There was no fraud involved and you have not presented any. The article from wikikpedia that I submitted to you made it very very clear that his wife continued the campaign and the people who voted knew two things - they were voting for a dead man and his wife would be appointed should he win in death. There was no fraud of any type.
    Except for the fact that a dead person won the election. The Democrat Governor said, before the election, that if the dead man won he would appoint the dead man's widow as the State's Senator. That is not legal. There should have been a special election after the General election. Why do I say that appointment of the widow as the Senator was illegal? Easy, a new Senator was never sworn in so there is no way the Governor had the legal right to appoint a successor.

    But in the wide world of election fraud in the Democrat Party....the end justifies the means.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  10. #610
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    p.s., At the time this took place, the election fraud of electing a dead person, the Governor of Missouri, the Secretary of State of Missouri, the Attorney General of Missouri and the Control of the US Senate were all Democrats. So the fix was in.

    The end justifies the means.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •