View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #591
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    from a777

    If the system is working well and there is no fraud then why do the dead vote in Cook County?
    I will gladly look at your evidence if you have any to present.

    How is it that a dead man wins an election is Missouri?
    Based on your first question, perhaps the dead voted for him in a bloc to have a true representative for their needs?
    Do you have evidence to show this was voter fraud? I will be happy to look at it.

    How is it the the eventual "winner" in Minnesota and Washington got more votes in some precincts than voters in those precincts?
    I have no idea but if you present your evidence I will be happy to look at it.


    How is it that in Indiana the last county to make its results know in an election is always Lake County?
    Somebody has to be last. Do you have actual evidence to present regarding voter fraud in Lake County? If so, I will be happy to look at it.

    How is it that in the southern counties of Texas there are so many illegals voting that those counties are just an extension of mexico?
    Did I miss the link in that statement which presented the actual evidence of your claim?

    There in now and has been for a long time rampant voter fraud and almost all of it is do to the attitude of Democrats that the end justifies the means.
    While that highly inflamed partisan statement may get you the approval of those on the far right, it hardly constitutes evidence of any crime or wrongdoing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #592
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from a777



    I will gladly look at your evidence if you have any to present.



    Based on your first question, perhaps the dead voted for him in a bloc to have a true representative for their needs?
    Do you have evidence to show this was voter fraud? I will be happy to look at it.


    I have no idea but if you present your evidence I will be happy to look at it.



    Somebody has to be last. Do you have actual evidence to present regarding voter fraud in Lake County? If so, I will be happy to look at it.


    Did I miss the link in that statement which presented the actual evidence of your claim?



    While that highly inflamed partisan statement may get you the approval of those on the far right, it hardly constitutes evidence of any crime or wrongdoing.
    ROFLMAO!

    You would never believe anything I posted or linked, so you look it up yourself.

    p.s., Just another Liberal happily making his case of the end justifies the means.
    Last edited by a777pilot; 12-26-11 at 12:28 PM.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  3. #593
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Dickieboy...... What do you mean "because they wanted to"? Who is it that wanted to do what?
    ‘They’ can be understood to mean just the legislators or more globally the electorate. Is our governance based only on who we elect or is its essential power based in the electorate as a whole? Again, if the ‘system works and works quite well’ why not let it work?

    You are intentionally confusing what i said with what you want it to mean. I took the actual historical record - 86 voter fraud convictions out of over 300 million votes cast - and showed that there is no problem and the system we have works well.
    No, I understand you argument and do not disagree with the point. There has been very little fraud conviction historically. The reasons for this vary I’m sure but whatever. My agreement of you ‘system’ statement goes past elections but the governance system as a whole, although ugly at times it does work.

    Are you really arguing that because a party wins a majority in an election they then have license to do anything they can muster enough votes to pass and that is the only measure of if it is good and worthwhile or not?
    BHO did. Why would it be any different if another party is in power? Who’s the authority on whether ‘it is good and worthwhile or not’…the electorate? Further, aren’t you basing you opinion/argument on ‘what you want it to mean’?

  4. #594
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    ROFLMAO!

    You would never believe anything I posted or linked, so you look it up yourself.

    p.s., Just another Liberal happily making his case of the end justifies the means.
    You attack me but the fault lies in you. I said nothing about the ends justifies any means. This is a strawman out of your own barn.

    You have presented nothing to examine.

    You have presented no actual evidence to be examined.

    You have presented only vague repeating of unsupported right wing horror tales designed to scare your randroids into submission.

    There is NOTHING for me to look up since you failed to provide anything. The way debate works is that it is the responsibility of the one making the charges, the boasts, the claims or the allegations to provide verifiable proof of their claims. That would be you.

    Dickieboy

    how can you attack President Obama for something and attempt to use that same standard in defense of what you support?

    In the end, you still end up with nearly nothing on this charge of voter fraud. You want to expand the discussion to the entire political system - but the fact remains that we have seen no real significant evidence of voter fraud which mandates some serious changes in the process.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-26-11 at 01:27 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #595
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have presented nothing to examine.

    You have presented no actual evidence to be examined.

    You have presented only vague repeating of unsupported right wing horror tales designed to scare your randroids into submission.

    There is NOTHING for me to look up since you failed to provide anything. The way debate works is that it is the responsibility of the one making the charges, the boasts, the claims or the allegations to provide verifiable proof of their claims. That would be you.

    Dickieboy

    how can you attack President Obama for something and attempt to use that same standard in defense of what you support?

    In the end, you still end up with nearly nothing on this charge of voter fraud. You want to expand the discussion to the entire political system - but the fact remains that we have seen no real significant evidence of voter fraud which mandates some serious changes in the process.
    OK. Fair enough.

    I quote from Wikipedia (not the best source, but it is a source)

    In spite of his being deceased, Mel Carnahan was elected by a narrow margin, 51% to 49%.
    ROFLMAO!
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    OK. Fair enough.

    I quote from Wikipedia (not the best source, but it is a source)



    ROFLMAO!
    Even if we're not willing to make voters prove that they are who they say they are, we should at least make the candidates prove that they're still alive.

    I think John Wayne would have a good chance at public office, if the "being dead" issue could be spun somehow.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #597
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Even if we're not willing to make voters prove that they are who they say they are, we should at least make the candidates prove that they're still alive.

    I think John Wayne would have a good chance at public office, if the "being dead" issue could be spun somehow.
    LOL!

    Good point.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  8. #598
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Dickieboy
    how can you attack President Obama for something and attempt to use that same standard in defense of what you support?
    I am not attacking him but agreeing with him. He was/is right ‘elections do have consequences’. Is it your position that they do not?

    In the end, you still end up with nearly nothing on this charge of voter fraud. You want to expand the discussion to the entire political system - but the fact remains that we have seen no real significant evidence of voter fraud which mandates some serious changes in the process.
    Please notice in the previous post that I agreed with your ‘false voter fraud’ contention. What is the argument?

  9. #599
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    OK. Fair enough.

    I quote from Wikipedia (not the best source, but it is a source)



    ROFLMAO!
    When you stop laughing can you please explain to all here what that election result has to do with evidence of voter fraud?

    If you read a bit further in Wikipedia you would find a detailed summary of what happened in that election

    In 2000, Mel Carnahan ran for U.S. Senate, opposing the incumbent Republican, John Ashcroft. It was a heated, intense campaign in which Carnahan traveled all over the state to garner support in what was a very close race. Early on October 16, 2000, just three weeks before the election and the night before a presidential debate to be held at Washington University in St. Louis, the twin-engine Cessna airplane piloted by the Governor's son, Randy, crashed on a heavily forested hillside during a rainstorm and foggy conditions near Goldman, Missouri, about 35 miles south of St. Louis. All three occupants of the plane - Governor Carnahan, his son Randy, and Chris Sifford, campaign advisor and former chief of staff to the governor - died in the crash.
    Shortly afterward, Lieutenant Governor Roger B. Wilson succeeded Mel Carnahan to fill the Governor's office until January 2001. Because Missouri election law would not allow for Mel Carnahan's name to be removed from the November 7, 2000 ballot, Jean Carnahan, his widow, became the Democratic candidate unofficially. Governor Wilson promised to appoint her to the senate seat if vacant as a result of Mr. Carnahan's being elected, and the campaign continued using the slogan "I'm Still With Mel." A Senate first, the deceased Carnahan won by a 2% margin. Mrs. Carnahan was then appointed to the Senate and served until, in a special election in November 2002, she was narrowly defeated by James Talent, a Republican.
    Carnahan is not the only candidate to have died during a U.S. Senate race in recent decades. Senator Paul Wellstone of Minnesota was killed in a plane crash in 2002, 11 days before his U.S. Senate election. Representative Jerry Litton, also of Missouri, died in a plane crash in 1976 on the day he was nominated by his party. Richard "Dick" Obenshain of Virginia died in a plane crash in 1978 shortly after receiving the Republican nomination. In the California State Senate race of 2010, voters in the Long Beach district re-elected Jenny Oropeza, who had died of illness the month previously.[2]
    What happened had nothing to do with voter fraud and there is no evidence which says there was.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-26-11 at 02:13 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #600
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    I am not attacking him but agreeing with him. He was/is right ‘elections do have consequences’. Is it your position that they do not?



    Please notice in the previous post that I agreed with your ‘false voter fraud’ contention. What is the argument?
    thank you for clearing it up that you agree about the lack of evidence for voter fraud.

    I agree that elections have consequences. The question then becomes does an election justify all the things that then flow from it. I would hope that all would agree that simply winning an election does not give and faction or party 100% free license to do whatever they want to do.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •