View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yup - an axiom is what you BELIEVE because it is what you want to BELIEVE because you BELEIVE it.
    If you say so. An axiom needs no definition. Do you take the opposite to be true, that requiring a government issued photo ID will increase the likelihood of voter fraud?

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    86 measley voter fraud convictions out of over 196 million who voted during the same time period. And what do we hear in response - George Soros!!!!!

    read for heavens sake - please do read
    I read widely and frequently.

    States have an obligation to ensure that only citizens vote and then only once in each election. This is a reasonable way to do so. People who are too lazy, too stupid or too criminal to get a government issued ID are unlikely to vote anyway. What is the voter turnout for federal elections typically?

    Personally, I like it. Your mileage may vary.

  3. #563
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    I will repeat this one last time in the hope that people will understand....

    Photo ID's are not an infringement on anyone's right to vote. This the SCOTUS has affirmed in the case of Indiana...

    Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

    The problem is with voter ID laws that are to restrictive, like in Missouri which was struck down...

    Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

    So the problem is not photo id's as in this report...

    In a 2008 survey, three out of 2,564 respondents said that they tried to vote but were not allowed because of voter ID, a fraction of a percent. - Ansolabehere, Stephen. “Effects on Identification Requirements on Voting: Evidence from Experiences of Voters on Election Day.” PS. 42.1 (2009): 127- 130. Web. 21 Sep. 2011. Sorry I have no internet link.

    Studies have shown that states that require photo identification in elections have little to no significant difference in voter turnout or fraud - Young Americans for Liberty – Ole Miss Chapter

    As long as we are watchful and don't let the ID laws get restrictive or equal a "poll tax", we will have no problem with disenfranchisement of voters. It will help cut down on this kind of fraud...

    The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), the radical left-wing activist group, was convicted in a massive voter-fraud conspiracy. It has been committing identify theft for decades. - VADUM: Obama's favorite gangsters convicted again - Washington Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #564
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I will repeat this one last time in the hope that people will understand....

    Photo ID's are not an infringement on anyone's right to vote. This the SCOTUS has affirmed in the case of Indiana...

    Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

    The problem is with voter ID laws that are to restrictive, like in Missouri which was struck down...

    Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

    So the problem is not photo id's as in this report...

    In a 2008 survey, three out of 2,564 respondents said that they tried to vote but were not allowed because of voter ID, a fraction of a percent. - Ansolabehere, Stephen. “Effects on Identification Requirements on Voting: Evidence from Experiences of Voters on Election Day.” PS. 42.1 (2009): 127- 130. Web. 21 Sep. 2011. Sorry I have no internet link.

    Studies have shown that states that require photo identification in elections have little to no significant difference in voter turnout or fraud - Young Americans for Liberty – Ole Miss Chapter

    As long as we are watchful and don't let the ID laws get restrictive or equal a "poll tax", we will have no problem with disenfranchisement of voters. It will help cut down on this kind of fraud...

    The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), the radical left-wing activist group, was convicted in a massive voter-fraud conspiracy. It has been committing identify theft for decades. - VADUM: Obama's favorite gangsters convicted again - Washington Times
    Did you not read this hole line?

    "Studies have shown that states that require photo identification in elections have little to no significant difference in voter turnout or fraud."

    So if it has no change, why do it?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #565
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Did you not read this hole line?

    "Studies have shown that states that require photo identification in elections have little to no significant difference in voter turnout or fraud."

    So if it has no change, why do it?
    A study by the University of Missouri on turnout in Indiana showed that turnout actually increased by about 2 percentage points overall in Indiana in 2006 in the first election after the voter ID law went into effect. There was no evidence that counties with higher percentages of minority, poor, elderly, or less-educated populations suffered any reduction in voter turnout. In fact, “the only consistent and statistically significant impact of photo ID in Indiana is to increase voter turnout in counties with a greater percentage of Democrats relative to other counties.”
    Huh... and Democrats are AGAINST photo ID's.

    Studies? You can pretty much find a study to say whatever someone wants it to say. Case in point:

    Voter Photo Identification: Protecting the Security of Elections
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #566
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Did you not read this hole line?

    "Studies have shown that states that require photo identification in elections have little to no significant difference in voter turnout or fraud."

    So if it has no change, why do it?
    I read the whole line. Because it will make a difference in fraud like ACORN employees were convicted of.

    So why do you have a problem with someone showing an id to prove they are a legal citizen eligible to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #567
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I read the whole line. Because it will make a difference in fraud like ACORN employees were convicted of.

    So why do you have a problem with someone showing an id to prove they are a legal citizen eligible to vote?
    I like your thoughts but...."an id to prove they are a legal citizen eligible to vote"....does nothing to prove one is a citizen eligible to vote. Even illegals can get a government photo ID. The beginning of the answer is to have those wishing to register to vote actually prove they are who they say they are and that they are an actual USA citizen that is eligible to vote. Also, there must be a check that this one person is not registered to vote in any other county in the entire nation. If more than one registration is found then all are put on hold till the problem of multiple registrations is terminated.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  8. #568
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I like your thoughts but...."an id to prove they are a legal citizen eligible to vote"....does nothing to prove one is a citizen eligible to vote. Even illegals can get a government photo ID. The beginning of the answer is to have those wishing to register to vote actually prove they are who they say they are and that they are an actual USA citizen that is eligible to vote. Also, there must be a check that this one person is not registered to vote in any other county in the entire nation. If more than one registration is found then all are put on hold till the problem of multiple registrations is terminated.
    This should be done when registering and has little to do with the ID itself.

    Has nothing to do with my point either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #569
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This should be done when registering and has little to do with the ID itself.

    Has nothing to do with my point either way.
    It is only relevant in that you said...."...an id to prove they are a legal citizen eligible to vote..." which in fact is not true. Anyone can get a government photo ID.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  10. #570
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Since I didn't read the summary, I'm glad the summary agrees with me, and it's not 5 million disenfranchised voters, as I've already pointed out, and your summary pointed out.
    The study that I quoted above, clears says it may disenfranchise 5 million "eligible voters."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •