View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #551
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,746

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yup - an axiom is what you BELIEVE because it is what you want to BELIEVE because you BELEIVE it.



    The irony meter just broke into a zillion little pieces. Right wingers pushing more government power to infringe upon a right mentioned five different times in the US Constitution can only demonstrate a piddly tiny insignificant 86 vote fraud convictions out of over 196 million votes case and now have the untimitaged gall to use a line like "much ado about nothing"!!!!!

    Amazing. Truly amazing.
    You are aware that when Gore conceded the 2000 election the GOP decided not to push for prosecutions of vote fraud.

    Convictions really aren't a good argument

    in 1986, the democrats tried to derail the McClure-Volkmer firearm owners protection act by improperly and in violation of congressional rules attached a poison pill amendment known as the Hughes Amendment which effectively banned citizens from purchasing automatic weapons made after the date of the amendment (May 19, 1986). Hughes, an extremist democrat from NJ whined about lawfully owned machine guns even though THERE HAD ONLY BEEN ONE CONVICTION (indeed only one case) of a lawfully owned machine gun being used in a crime over a FIFTY YEAR PERIOD.

    so the dems decided it was necessary to ban-for millions of gun owners-sales of such weapons based on ONE conviction

  2. #552
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    and this has what direct connection with showing voter fraud in Alabama or Tennessee???
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I disagree. Unless costs to acquire the photo IDs is provided by the government, it amounts to a poll tax.
    Don't be stupid. Of course it doesn't.

  4. #554
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,746

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Forget about George Soros, the hated and feared boogey man who apparently induces dampness in the seats of trousers everywhere on the far right. Try the Bush Justice Department and argue with their statistics

    In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - New York Times

    86 measley voter fraud convictions out of over 196 million who voted during the same time period. And what do we hear in response - George Soros!!!!!

    read for heavens sake - please do read

    that is 86 times the number of convictions involving weapons your party felt a need to ban sales of

  5. #555
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are aware that when Gore conceded the 2000 election the GOP decided not to push for prosecutions of vote fraud.

    Convictions really aren't a good argument

    in 1986, the democrats tried to derail the McClure-Volkmer firearm owners protection act by improperly and in violation of congressional rules attached a poison pill amendment known as the Hughes Amendment which effectively banned citizens from purchasing automatic weapons made after the date of the amendment (May 19, 1986). Hughes, an extremist democrat from NJ whined about lawfully owned machine guns even though THERE HAD ONLY BEEN ONE CONVICTION (indeed only one case) of a lawfully owned machine gun being used in a crime over a FIFTY YEAR PERIOD.

    so the dems decided it was necessary to ban-for millions of gun owners-sales of such weapons based on ONE conviction
    Yet again Turtle - guns and voting are two different things.

    And the only evidence we have of voter fraud are convictions. There is no dead body. There is no burned out house. There is no empty cash register till.

    The burden of proof is on your side to prove there is a problem of voter fraud. So please do it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #556
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,746

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yet again Turtle - guns and voting are two different things.

    And the only evidence we have of voter fraud are convictions. There is no dead body. There is no burned out house. There is no empty cash register till.

    The burden of proof is on your side to prove there is a problem of voter fraud. So please do it.
    constitutional rights are constitutional rights and if you whine about one right supposedly being threatened based on arguments using 86 convictions as too thin an amount of evidence I rightly note that your party has used ONE conviction to deprive millions of people of another constitutional right based on ONE conviction

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    What if they don't have a birth certificate?
    Then they can be president...

  8. #558
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Glad you agree with the summary that concludes the new voter requirements could disenfranchise 5 million voters.
    They are not disenfranchised. They may be too stupid, too lazy or too criminal to get a government issued ID. That is why the Democrats are so interested in them. They are drones.

  9. #559
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why is this an issue of laziness, intelligence or criminality? That is absurd and unfounded.
    What other reasons are there? I cannot imagine that there won't be M-TV sponsored "Buy the Vote" campaigns to identify and harvest those pathetic people who just cannot do something as easy and getting a government issued ID on their own.

  10. #560
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    At my polling place in Michigan they compare my voters registration signature with my signature that I provide in front of them on the day I walk in to vote. If they DO NOT MATCH, then they ask for identification.
    Okay. So that is what your state does. How do they determine that you are a citizen?

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •