View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #461
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Wrong, he still has a birth certificate.... he just doesn't have a valid copy of one on his person. There's a difference between not being issued one, and not having one. If he wanted, he goes to the town or city in which he was born and gets a copy of it.
    Without elaborating to much, his mom (a druggie) put a different name on his birth certificate than on the one she put on social security. Trust me, he was ****ed...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #462
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,527

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Without elaborating to much, his mom (a druggie) put a different name on his birth certificate than on the one she put on social security. Trust me, he was ****ed...
    It may take a while, but he should be able to straighten out that bureaucratic snafu, and needs to do so before the difference in names causes problems with the IRS, before he tries to go into the service, or do a whole lot of other things.


    Since it is possible to legally change one's name, that one shouldn't be a huge problem for him.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #463
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It may take a while, but he should be able to straighten out that bureaucratic snafu, and needs to do so before the difference in names causes problems with the IRS, before he tries to go into the service, or do a whole lot of other things.


    Since it is possible to legally change one's name, that one shouldn't be a huge problem for him.
    It was because he technically wasn't a US Citizen. It took him 3 years of going through a bureaucratic maze and thousands of dollars to get that bull**** straightened out. I know this because I drove him around while he got it done. Lol, I remember him calling a lawyer and he basically said, "I don't know what to tell ya'." (She also put a different name on the Certification of Report of Birth)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  4. #464
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Without elaborating to much, his mom (a druggie) put a different name on his birth certificate than on the one she put on social security. Trust me, he was ****ed...
    Irrelevant - his name is what is on the birth certificate unless he legally changes it. It's not that difficult to correct - however back to the issue, you just admitted he does have a birth certificate yet two posts back you claimed he didn't. So why lie in this exchange?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not!
    Seriously, who doesn't have a birth certificate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan
    My old friend didn't because his mom/dad were losers and he ran away when he was 16... Hey, he is a person and has a right to vote... US Natural born baby...

    WTF ??? Don't make stuff up just so you have something to argue about.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #465
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Irrelevant - his name is what is on the birth certificate unless he legally changes it. It's not that difficult to correct - however back to the issue, you just admitted he does have a birth certificate yet two posts back you claimed he didn't. So why lie in this exchange?







    WTF ??? Don't make stuff up just so you have something to argue about.
    Oh great, call me a liar...

    So because I can't recount a story off the top of my head perfectly, I am suddenly a liar and a cheat?
    Last edited by Jryan; 12-22-11 at 07:41 PM.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #466
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Oh great, call me a liar...
    Well you just did... it's right there in black and white. First he didn't have a birth certificate and then you say he does have one.... what do you call it?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #467
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Well you just did... it's right there in black and white. First he didn't have a birth certificate and then you say he does have one.... what do you call it?
    It doesn't matter, the point is he couldn't get a ID card without jumping through miles of hoops... Seriously, grow up...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #468
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    It doesn't matter, the point is he couldn't get a ID card without jumping through miles of hoops... Seriously, grow up...
    You're point isn't a point - he can EASILY get an ID card as I've already stated. What part of that is eluding you?


    Here's a tip: When you don't know much about a subject, don't make like you do and don't make up BS and then contradict yourself immediately after. It makes people think you're full of ****.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #469
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,527

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    It doesn't matter, the point is he couldn't get a ID card without jumping through miles of hoops... Seriously, grow up...
    OK, I'm sure there will be one or two here and there who have an unusual sort of problem. As for the guy in the example, if he is "technically not a citizen", then he is "technically ineligible to vote" anyway, unless he can confirm a US birth.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #470
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    OK, I'm sure there will be one or two here and there who have an unusual sort of problem. As for the guy in the example, if he is "technically not a citizen", then he is "technically ineligible to vote" anyway, unless he can confirm a US birth.
    Ah, I guess you are right that he couldn't vote. I guess my hole point is that their would be people who could vote that don't have ID cards. ID cards still cost the person money to get them. Voting is supposed to be free.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •