View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #341
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We all know they only had 2 Federal elections. We also don't know how many were affected. How many may have pleaded out, did not have enough evidence etc.

    So your point is irrelevant.

    Your lack of evidence for voter fraud shows you want to create further regulatory hurdles to fix a problem that doesn't exist (a libertarian nightmare), or you want to limit elderly, minority, and student voting as its the only way the GOP has a chance of winning elections given their now open class warfare against the working class.

    Either way, it is a big turn off to voters.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #342
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Right, we know why liberals don't want ID laws etc...

    Most of those charged have been Democrats, voting records show. - In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - New York Times

    In reality lots of things are minor or happen infrequently, this however does not mean we should ignore it.



    And yet it happens in places like Chicago every time.

    LiveLeak.com - More Democratic Voter Fraud in Chicago, IL
    Signs of vote fraud - Chicago Tribune
    ICE arrests Grayslake Filipino woman on voter fraud - Chicago Breaking News

    Many many stories.
    I have to repeat what you wrote "In reality lots of things are minor or happen infrequently, this however does not mean we should ignore it." This is a statement that is not conservative. It's a pro big government statement. Think of the result of applying it to everything that is minor or infrequent as your statement states. Note that monitoring a potential problem is not equivalent to ignoring it.

  3. #343
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    I voted 'No' even though Texas passed it's voter picture ID legislation recently.

    I have a gut feeling, after thinking about retirement homes, students, military members, absentee ballots, etc. that voters will be disenfranchised equally on both sides. There's just too many ways to cancel a vote with the picture ID requirement.

    Used to be people were taken on their word. This new law basically calls all of us liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is a step in the right direction.



    Yes it is hotly debated but fact are facts. Most convictions were Democrats. End of story.
    You have to first have a story before you can say "end of story". You have nothing except a rightwing agenda to disenfranchise voters who do not vote the way you want them to vote.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #345
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I voted 'No' even though Texas passed it's voter picture ID legislation recently.

    I have a gut feeling, after thinking about retirement homes, students, military members, absentee ballots, etc. that voters will be disenfranchised equally on both sides. There's just too many ways to cancel a vote with the picture ID requirement.

    Used to be people were taken on their word. This new law basically calls all of us liars.
    I see the issue with absentee ballots, which should certainly be an exception (just have them show their ID to register to vote and request their absentee ballot, I've done it on board ship a couple of times and I'll be doing it again this next election, possibly a couple of times). If a person has registered to vote and is expecting an absentee ballot/ballot by mail, then they should tell someone if they didn't get their ballot within a set time frame.

    But if you are showing up to the actual polling booth, then why not require ID? Most people have them, even if they are old, students, and the poor. And those who don't should be able to get them for free if they are required for voting, and the person cannot afford them.

    Now, I don't necessarily think that this should be a federal law, but I absolutely don't have any issue with it being in state laws.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #346
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your lack of evidence for voter fraud shows you want to create further regulatory hurdles to fix a problem that doesn't exist (a libertarian nightmare), or you want to limit elderly, minority, and student voting as its the only way the GOP has a chance of winning elections given their now open class warfare against the working class.
    Asking for a photo id is now a regulatory hurdle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Either way, it is a big turn off to voters.
    Good, maybe it will keep the apathetic morons who have no clue from voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #347
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    I have to repeat what you wrote "In reality lots of things are minor or happen infrequently, this however does not mean we should ignore it." This is a statement that is not conservative.
    So what? Everything I do is not "conservative" we are most of us someplace in the middle.

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    It's a pro big government statement. Think of the result of applying it to everything that is minor or infrequent as your statement states. Note that monitoring a potential problem is not equivalent to ignoring it.
    We already have to show id for many things, it is part of life in the us. Has nothing to do with big government, or even more. The structure is already in place.

    Nice try, trying to play the "well your not conservative card" moronic fallacy argumentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #348
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have to first have a story before you can say "end of story". You have nothing except a rightwing agenda to disenfranchise voters who do not vote the way you want them to vote.
    Since when is a New York Times article a "right wing agenda?" This has nothing to do with the ridicules claims of disfranchisement, it is about legally providing proof you are a citizen to vote, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #349
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Asking for a photo id is now a regulatory hurdle?
    As has been documented, it is for 5 million voters.



    Good, maybe it will keep the apathetic morons who have no clue from voting.
    Which is of course the motive for the push by Republicans for the extra voter requirements, to limit votes by the poor, seniors, minorities, and students.

    At least you were honest enough to admit it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Since when is a New York Times article a "right wing agenda?" This has nothing to do with the ridicules claims of disfranchisement, it is about legally providing proof you are a citizen to vote, nothing more.
    Actually the story says there is no real evidence of any significant voter fraud.

    But you know that well because you have not been able to present any here as well.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •