View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #331
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,671

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    No, there are actually very, very, few incidents of actual voter fraud committed by people actually voting in a polling place that were not allowed to. There have been a tiny handful of incidents where they've found that that happened in tiny numbers, but that's it.
    Right, we know why liberals don't want ID laws etc...

    Most of those charged have been Democrats, voting records show. - In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - New York Times

    In reality lots of things are minor or happen infrequently, this however does not mean we should ignore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Now, voting fraud does happen for sure, but that isn't how it happens. The actual incidents of voting fraud have involved absentee ballots, polling place workers "losing" ballots or "finding" suspect ballots and computer tampering. The reality is that getting actual illegal voters into actual polling places would be a ridiculously inefficient way to try to rig an election.
    And yet it happens in places like Chicago every time.

    LiveLeak.com - More Democratic Voter Fraud in Chicago, IL
    Signs of vote fraud - Chicago Tribune
    ICE arrests Grayslake Filipino woman on voter fraud - Chicago Breaking News

    Many many stories.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-20-11 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #332
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Right, we know why liberals don't want ID laws etc...
    You're just confirming exactly what I'm saying- very few incidents of voter fraud by going into polling places, more of other types of fraud. So voter ID laws aren't well matched to the actual problem.

    As for whether there is more voter fraud by Democrats or Republicans, that's certainly always hotly debated. Most Democrats will say that Republicans do it more and vice versa. For example, a Republican may point to the new black panthers incident, but did you know that on that same day in the same city over 100,000 fraudulent fliers claiming to be from the elections board were distributed in low income black neighborhoods claiming that if you showed up to vote and had an outstanding parking ticket you would be arrested? You can't make a reasonable conclusion about which party does it more just by looking at a handful of individual incidents. Most incidents aren't even reported, and of those that are, there are plenty to spend all day just reading about incidents committed by one side or the other.

  3. #333
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Pleading out also means giving evidence against others to get out of a conviction. Not having enough evidence does not mean it did not happen, it means they do not have enough evidence to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Maybe you're just using the wrong term. Pleading out means that you entered a guilty plea, or a no contest plea, as part of a deal. Like they let you take a lesser charge or a beneficial sentencing recommendation. That's a conviction. If you get out of the conviction, you didn't plead out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think you two have no clue how the criminal justice system works.
    I'm in law school. I ran a court sponsored program working with kids on probation in the district of columbia for 3 years. I know way more about how the criminal justice system works than most folks.

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    91,247

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because it is more prevalent in local and state elections, this is what people screaming "disfranchisement" want to ignore.
    Did we miss the part where you cited that evidence/

    Or is this more of "listen to me me and bow before me?"

    You really don't get it do you?

    1 - you have presented no evidence of voter fraud.
    2- thus,there is nor reason to institute a restrictive program which could hurt voters rights
    3- perhaps you are not understand because you are saying things that are beyodn understanding?
    4 - as ou have been told already, nobody is takign issues with IF this can be done, but the questions is IF it should be done if view of the Constititution mentioning the right to vote no less than five times infive different sec tions.

    ps. how does that compare to the right to bear arms? thats a joke in case you do not get it rightt off.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #335
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because it is more prevalent in local and state elections, this is what people screaming "disfranchisement" want to ignore.
    Lets see your statistics on the so-called "problem", that is worth disenfranchising 5 million voters?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #336
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.
    Very interesting, thanks for making my point!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #337
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,671

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    You're just confirming exactly what I'm saying- very few incidents of voter fraud by going into polling places, more of other types of fraud. So voter ID laws aren't well matched to the actual problem.
    It is a step in the right direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    As for whether there is more voter fraud by Democrats or Republicans, that's certainly always hotly debated. Most Democrats will say that Republicans do it more and vice versa. For example, a Republican may point to the new black panthers incident, but did you know that on that same day in the same city over 100,000 fraudulent fliers claiming to be from the elections board were distributed in low income black neighborhoods claiming that if you showed up to vote and had an outstanding parking ticket you would be arrested? You can't make a reasonable conclusion about which party does it more just by looking at a handful of individual incidents. Most incidents aren't even reported, and of those that are, there are plenty to spend all day just reading about incidents committed by one side or the other.
    Yes it is hotly debated but fact are facts. Most convictions were Democrats. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #338
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,671

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Very interesting, thanks for making my point!
    We all know they only had 2 Federal elections. We also don't know how many were affected. How many may have pleaded out, did not have enough evidence etc.

    So your point is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #339
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,671

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Maybe you're just using the wrong term. Pleading out means that you entered a guilty plea, or a no contest plea, as part of a deal. Like they let you take a lesser charge or a beneficial sentencing recommendation. That's a conviction. If you get out of the conviction, you didn't plead out.
    Maybe, that is the term we used on the PD.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I'm in law school. I ran a court sponsored program working with kids on probation in the district of columbia for 3 years. I know way more about how the criminal justice system works than most folks.
    Working in the juvenile system one thing, adult is a different world with much fewer restrictions etc. Saying you know more than most folks is probably true, but your comment is still wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #340
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,671

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Did we miss the part where you cited that evidence/

    Or is this more of "listen to me me and bow before me?"

    You really don't get it do you?

    1 - you have presented no evidence of voter fraud.
    2- thus,there is nor reason to institute a restrictive program which could hurt voters rights
    3- perhaps you are not understand because you are saying things that are beyodn understanding?
    4 - as ou have been told already, nobody is takign issues with IF this can be done, but the questions is IF it should be done if view of the Constititution mentioning the right to vote no less than five times infive different sec tions.

    ps. how does that compare to the right to bear arms? thats a joke in case you do not get it rightt off.
    I'll respond as soon as you respond to this post. http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060045609
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •