View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #251
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually, no you can't. A shooter can take out X number of people and a bad vote will have zero effect on an election because it's beyond negligible. Nice try, but no cigar.
    There isn't enough free memory out there to adequately describe how wrong you are on both counts. If I gave you the detailed history of bad governance you would be here a while.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #252
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Of course. This one requirement will significantly cut down on potential voter fraud. [...]
    Facts? Figures? Studies? Convictions? Historical analysises? Bueller?

  3. #253
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    There isn't enough free memory out there to adequately describe how wrong you are on both counts. If I gave you the detailed history of bad governance you would be here a while.
    You don't need a detailed history of governance. I don't know why you feel the need to make things complicated.

    This thread is about voter IDs for federal elections. One vote in a federal election has literally no effect on anything. One gun in the wrong hands obviously has a much greater potential of causing harm.

  4. #254
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    You don't need a detailed history of governance. I don't know why you feel the need to make things complicated.

    This thread is about voter IDs for federal elections. One vote in a federal election has literally no effect on anything. One gun in the wrong hands obviously has a much greater potential of causing harm.
    You made a statement that a gun causes more damage than a bad vote, you are wrong.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #255
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    In large urban areas and considering early voting, with minimal research 4 people in a car could cast many hundreds of votes at all the different polls thru the final election day. All they have to do is check public voter registration information and pick names of people of similar age and gender - if that.

    However, the greater potential and more likely common voter fraud is that "election judges" are highly political and tend to be appointed by the country political party. Those judges know who didn't vote and, accordingly, can cast dozens or hundreds of votes themselves just using the names of people who don't show up. Even if one of them then did show up, they just add another different name to the checkoff and sign in sheet. Nothing exists really to stop that and I'm confident that is a very common voter fraud.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-18-11 at 06:41 PM.

  6. #256
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You made a statement that a gun causes more damage than a bad vote, you are wrong.
    No, I made a statement that a shooter can cause more damage than a single vote and within the context of this thread, I am completely right. Sorry.

  7. #257
    Student Blackstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    218

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Should people have to show their photo ID in order to vote in US presidential elections? Why or why not?
    In order to vote an individual should first be required to sufficiently verify his identity. This is both legitimate and proper. It should, in fact, by required by law. Photo IDs are commonplace verification methods in most walks of life and mandating their presence at a polling place is both desirable and necessary in order to dissuade and avoid fraudulent activity. Anyone claiming common sense like this is "discriminatory" or "controversial" is either a stupendously naive individual or a dishonest advocate for electoral fraud.

  8. #258
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No, I made a statement that a shooter can cause more damage than a single vote and within the context of this thread, I am completely right. Sorry.
    Wow, way to not get the point. What you attempted to respond to was my statement that a bad election can do more damage to all of us that a gun ever could, I did not say "one vote" as you misread. Even so one bad vote can swing an election so the point still stands. Either way you are wrong, just admit it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Wow, way to not get the point. What you attempted to respond to was my statement that a bad election can do more damage to all of us that a gun ever could, I did not say "one vote" as you misread.
    Actually you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You can do more damage with a bad vote than a gun. A shooter can take out x number of people during a rampage ruining y amount of lives but a bad politician can ruin all of our lives simultaneously.
    In the English language, "a" (when used before nouns) is used to refer to a single, or one, entity. Here's a refresher course.

    Keep backtracking. Horrible try and still no cigar.

    Even so one bad vote can swing an election so the point still stands. Either way you are wrong, just admit it.
    Actually no. As I said, within the context of this thread, I'm completely right. One vote has absolutely zero effect on a federal election. So still right. Try harder.

  10. #260
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually you said:



    In the English language, "a" (when used before nouns) is used to refer to a single, or one, entity. Here's a refresher course.

    Keep backtracking. Horrible try and still no cigar.


    Actually no. As I said, within the context of this thread, I'm completely right. One vote has absolutely zero effect on a federal election. So still right. Try harder.
    Bad vote equals election. It was used in the sense of "get out the vote", not surprised you missed that.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •